• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

Can you play diamond dynasty solo? Not a big fan of playing others online in sports games, I always lose no matter what haha

Yeah you can play against the CPU or someone else's CPU team

This is actually what disappoints me about DD the most. Can't play friends, but you can play their AI :(

What position is everyone playing in RTTS?

I typically do either 1B or P. One I currently brought over from 14 is my RTTS Nathan Drake, who I set as a LFer (The pics are from MLB 14).

B_Tb3RuUoAAOPiQ.jpg

B_Tb21sVIAAoclu.jpg

B_Tb2grU4AAqJTk.jpg

Here's him hitting two home runs against the Rays for his 73th and 74th (a GRAND SLAM!) home runs in a single season (for those that don't know, he tied and then broke Barry Bonds' 2001 single season home run record with those two swings): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK-O11kIvmQ

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Here's him hitting two home runs against the Rays for his 73th and 74th (a GRAND SLAM!) home runs in a single season (for those that don't know, he tied and then broke Barry Bonds' 2001 single season home run record with those two swings): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK-O11kIvmQ

watching that hr record celebration is making me want to move my rtts settings down from all star to rookie so that i can see if it changed for ps4.

i played pitcher last year but this year i'm going ss

I have the most cursed RTTS player ever:

- I sucked badly at CF (the radar felt backwards), and was informed by my manager that I'd be moving to 1B.

- I started off in a massive slump.

- I finally got my batting average up to .285ish.

- I hit back-to-back dingers in a game, then broke my leg sliding into second on the following AB. Out for 60 days...

I haven't played MLB since 08 and am not the biggest baseball fan but I think I will pick this game up due to the thread. Just looks like real fun.

zulux21

Can you play diamond dynasty solo? Not a big fan of playing others online in sports games, I always lose no matter what haha

yup I am playing solo... and if you still want to sort of interact with others the extra innings thing is against other players, but the AI controls their team so you don't face them at all.

I do think I am starting to get this diamond dynasty thing down though
:p

I typically do either 1B or P. One I currently brought over from 14 is my RTTS Nathan Drake, who I set as a LFer (The pics are from MLB 14).

B_Tb3RuUoAAOPiQ.jpg

B_Tb21sVIAAoclu.jpg

B_Tb2grU4AAqJTk.jpg

That's really good.

My god I love my diamond dynasty team

Need to get rid of old ass Chase Utley, get some upgrades at the infield, get a couple of diamond pitchers and we gooood

zulux21

What position is everyone playing in RTTS?
Primary 2nd, secondary outfield.

I always pick second base as it seems to be the least loved position ever... it's like only reject short stops take it after they get demoted from short stop :(

That's really good.

Thanks! The funny thing is, I never intended for him to be an Oriole (my favorite team, as evidenced by my avatar). He was legitimately drafted by them in the first round of the 2014 draft at age 18. He made it to the majors that first year. However, in the middle of 2015, just days after breaking Lou Gehrig's hit streak, he was traded to the Cardinals. He had great years with them, but struggled in his last two with them. In 2019, after being demoted to AAA, he was traded to... the Orioles. Go figure. He became a star again and he's been a perennial All-Star with the O's for the last 6 or 7 seasons.

Are you on dynamic mode? That is what I play on and it seems to be shifting higher the better I play.

Nah I tried dynamic on 14 but didn't dig it. Never felt like I was getting better since it kept scaling to how well I was hitting.

But I'm going 2 for 4 in almost every game now so I think I have to bite the bullet and jump up a notch haha.

What's after veteran?

Nah I tried dynamic on 14 but didn't dig it. Never felt like I was getting better since it kept scaling to how well I was hitting.

But I'm going 2 for 4 in almost every game now so I think I have to bite the bullet and jump up a notch haha.

What's after veteran?
I think all star, HOF, legend

I like all star and it feels like the least amount of bullshit

Going to give HOF a shot tonight though

w00zey

For those that have played previous versions does it feel like the engine was improved at all?

For instance can you still get caught stealing at first and it will call you safe? (even with umpires turned to perfect calls)

Can you still complete a double play where the animation shows you not stepping on second base?

That's just it, though, you do get better. Think of it as a progressive learning curve where the game adjusts to be more difficult or easy depending on how you do. My batting average has climbed from right around the Mendoza Line to nearing .300 all while the difficulty adjusts upward. I started at rookie and now am at veteran +++. I think it will shift up to the next tier soon.

In a short week, I've gone from striking out all the time on rookie to getting 1-2 hits a game on veteran. I'd say that's progress.

GravyButt

If you put it on dynamic difficulty does it negate your sliders. Just as an example lets say i have power and contact (i dont, but just as an example lol) all the way up, and it bumps me from rookie to veteran, what happens to my power and contact sliders?

Xater

Almost have all the stadiums. Does anyone know if you lose the benefit of getting the whole collection if you sell cards after you got it?

v1lla21

Do you guys buy packs and pull players or do you just get them after a DD game? It takes a while to accumulate stubs.

Xater

Do you guys buy packs and pull players or do you just get them after a DD game? It takes a while to accumulate stubs.

I bought some packs. Like 10 I think, or how many you get for 10 bucks. Now just playing for stubs and rewards. Some people just have better luck, getting like a Dimond player as a random reward.

Spent 50 dollars on packs already. This has to stop lol. But yea, other than selling good cards, buying stubs is the best way to get them.

v1lla21

I bought some packs. Like 10 I think, or how many you get for 10 bucks. Now just playing for stubs and rewards. Some people just have better luck, getting like a Dimond player as a random reward.

Spent 50 dollars on packs already. This has to stop lol. But yea, other than selling good cards, buying stubs is the best way to get them.

Dafuq. Lol. I just used the ones that came with the anniversary edition. What packs did you guys get? The specific ones or the ones that are specific to pitchers and position players?

I got paid today so I'll probably drop 10 bucks and see if I get lucky.

Xater

Dafuq. Lol. I just used the ones that came with the anniversary edition. What packs did you guys get? The specific ones or the ones that are specific to pitchers and position players?

I got paid today so I'll probably drop 10 bucks and see if I get lucky.

I did like a 80/20 split between position players and pitchers.

zulux21

so a couple of the little changes in RTTS since 2012 have me really happy.

I don't think it was possible to hit l2 and take focus off yourself in 2012 to watch the play unfold closer, so it's nice to be able to do that and see what is going on.

I also just discovered that stealing is going to be way easier... as I can take a lead off while holding left and if the pitcher tries to pick me off I just jump back, while in 2012 if I hit left I would reduce my lead.

Xater

I wish more people would put at least a little effort into their DD team. I see way too many teams without a logo and just standard colors.

PreFire

For those of you not spending money on packs/stubs, how are you getting all these good players?

Random luck? What difficulty? I've been trying to win on legend but it's total bs with this trashy roster.

I think I'll bump it down to HOF

I'm kind of being cheap with my stubs lol.. I've only bought a dirty t shirt, but found out you couldn't stack equipment for your RTTS player :(

PreFire

I wish more people would put at least a little effort into their DD team. I see way too many teams without a logo and just standard colors.

Lol I went all out on my team. Batsuits, and Bruce Wayne as my star player. He sucks right now but I've fed him every card I don't use

I was going to make team flash after

For those of you not spending money on packs/stubs, how are you getting all these good players?

Random luck? What difficulty? I've been trying to win on legend but it's total bs with this trashy roster.

I'm kind of being cheap with my stubs lol.. I've only bought a dirty t shirt, but found out you couldn't stack equipment for your RTTS player :(
I got stanton playing the cpu on all star. Pure luck

Bumgarner and trout came in player packs

For me it was the opposite. Made my logo first and then decided to explore it, i spent so much time on the logo so i felt obligated lol. Its my first time ever doing an ultimate team mode and i cant believe what i have missed out on!

zulux21

just some luck, but mostly is there a reason to not use stubs to buy packs if nothing in RTTS would interest me and I likely won't be invested enough into franchise mode to use stubs there.

I mean I suppose I could do the people selling stuff, but alas packs are more fun to me :p

v1lla21

I made a Mexican team. Their all decked out in red and green. I just wanted to start playing so I didn't spend much time on the logo. I'll probably make a better one in the future.

Xater

I made a Mexican team. Their all decked out in red and green. I just wanted to start playing so I didn't spend much time on the logo. I'll probably make a better one in the future.

That's at least something. Some people do nothing.

I was happy for the pothead I played who at least had his crew in all green. I don't remember the name of the team but it was some pot reference.

Top Bottom