• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

Diamond Dynasty is actually approachable this year. I am having a lot of fun in Extra Innings matches but it doesn't seem to be recording my progress. Hopefully they will patch this soon.

GravyButt

So what exactly is diamond dynasty? Is it like a franchise setup with a full season? never tried but reading some stuff on here makes me interested. dont think I have enough cards to field a team, unless they give you some for free when you start?

Thanks for any info on it!!

Xater

what is DD?

Diamond Dynasty

Diamond Dynasty is actually approachable this year. I am having a lot of fun in Extra Innings matches but it doesn't seem to be recording my progress. Hopefully they will patch this soon.

Pretty sure you don't get records for CPU matches which Extra Innings is just a variation of. Stuff only gets recorded from Head to Head matches.

M.W.

Just picked myself up a physical copy of this. Is the install glitch thing still happening?

Diamond Dynasty

Pretty sure you don't get records for CPU matches which Extra Innings is just a variation of. Stuff only gets recorded from Head to Head matches.

That's what I thought but people on OS are saying Extra Innings matches should at least show up in your history. They definitely don't add to your Win-Loss.

Rommel

Here is my DD Squad so far. Only played one h2h game but it locked up :(

If anyone wants to add me to PSN you can hit me up @ Snelling481

vKO2qOE.png

cwORQMS.png

CaJvfG6.png

TwNmYq5.png

ig4ajSi.png

v1lla21

That's at least something. Some people do nothing.

I was happy for the pothead I played who at least had his crew in all green. I don't remember the name of the team but it was some pot reference.
Smokeys? Did he have a blunt as his logo?

zychi

Banned
Been playing the ps3 version from redbox today, its the exact same games as the ps4 version minus the visual upgrades. Pretty neat they basically made the same game on both gens

Consistent high level game, but it suffers from no ambition or big ideas. They have use of the a speaker and totally ignored it, use of a touch pad and basically totally ignored it. San Diego Studios are operating on the bare minimum at this point. New console, New Generation, same ole shit, fortunately it's a good game, but I'm losing my interest. This will be my last Show game for a while. What did I expect, it's baseball.

PreFire

Just played someone head to head in diamond dynasty mode. It was laggy at first but then smooth.

He was rocking me with the random starting pitcher I had but after I switched he couldn't touch it. Funny thing is, if you've seen my team logo it's full of batman.. This guys team name was batman, and he had blank logos.. Lame

Anyway, it was tied 3-3 in the 11th and it said I lost connection to him aka he quit. It gave me some points I never seen (rep?) and rewards, plus the win.

I gotta do this again when I get better players. Kind of sucks you can't guess pitches though

GravyButt

So im guessing you cant play your DD team in a full season against real teams? Can't seem to find an answer to this, and not home to try!

ukas

Can you only use your DD team to play head to head games (online/offline)? It would be nice to use them in all modes.

zulux21

The fielding in this game is probably the worst I've ever experienced. Heavily regret buying this game.

what do you feel is so bad about it?
I was having issues at first then I changed a few settings and it seems fine.

top one I had to get rid of is the stupid gauge for throwing the ball to the bases, changed that to a simple button press.

what do you feel is so bad about it?
I was having issues at first then I changed a few settings and it seems fine.

top one I had to get rid of is the stupid gauge for throwing the ball to the bases, changed that to a simple button press.
It fights itself over fly balls. They'll be super close and just stop tracking and it falls next to them. It's absolutely insane, it literally costs me ball games.

Fox318

I typically do either 1B or P. One I currently brought over from 14 is my RTTS Nathan Drake, who I set as a LFer (The pics are from MLB 14).

B_Tb3RuUoAAOPiQ.jpg

B_Tb21sVIAAoclu.jpg

B_Tb2grU4AAqJTk.jpg

Here's him hitting two home runs against the Rays for his 73th and 74th (a GRAND SLAM!) home runs in a single season (for those that don't know, he tied and then broke Barry Bonds' 2001 single season home run record with those two swings): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK-O11kIvmQ

he tied the record and nobody in the stands or on his team gave a shit

he tied the record and nobody in the stands or on his team gave a shit

Yeah, that was weird. But man, that second home run was all sorts of epic. I mean, for his record breaking home run to be a grand slam was just awesome. Suffice to say, he was the player of the game.

GravyButt

It fights itself over fly balls. They'll be super close and just stop tracking and it falls next to them. It's absolutely insane, it literally costs me ball games.
Ive had this happen a lot as well actually. Ive feathered the stick lately as im approaching and its helped.

Is there a speed boost button?

That is annoying when it happens and I think it happens too much but people do fuck up fly balls on occasion

Like other guy said, feathering the joystick should help

Two things that I don't like in RTTS or Player lock is the AI instantly knows when you take a lead when on base. They can pick you off without even looking to see if you are trying to steal. Second, the camera and ball tracking icon while trying to play CF is almost impossible to play without mistake. And you can't change the camera angle either. You get the tracking icon in the green and instead of catching the thing, your player reaches and misses, the ball hits some part of their body, or it goes right over their head. It's frustrating.

zulux21

Whats a fun RTTS position? I want to try something other than SS and 3B.

when I do fielding personally I enjoy the outfield and catcher.

outfield you get the joys of running around and diving to take away runs.
catcher you get to call the game, which is fun for a bit, but I wouldn't want to do it a ton as it takes the full length of the game to get through as you are part of every play.

In general I just skip fielding, I am to impatient lol.

edit:
I forgot to ask earlier. Is there any chance that the DD cards will change in ratings over the course of the season. For example if Mike Olt (which I think is a 64 in mlb the show) decides to come out and through June hit like .300 with 15 home runs and 50 RBI would his rating perhaps go up to more like 70?

I am still really annoyed at the white sox pick for collection bonus though :/

zulux21

Who is it? It's not Big Hurt?

Not playing at the moment to check and don't recall who...

it's not any of the following
Nellie Fox 14 seasons
Harold Baines 14 seasons
Luke Appling 20 seasons
Minnie Minoso 12 seasons
Luis Aparicio 10 seasons
Ted Lyons 21 seasons
Billy Pierce 13 seasons
Frank Thomas 16 seasons
Carlton Fisk 13 seasons

all of which are retired numbers for the white sox and a number are hall of famers..
instead it is Jack McDowell who only pitched 6 full seasons (part of a 7th season) with the white sox and isn't going to the HOF

full list of legends

zulux21

Anyone tried vita remote play? The small delays are brutal

my remote play next to the system played flawlessly, alas it didn't work very well in the bedroom or bathroom. I will have to try the other settings and see if it works better but it likely won't.

demolitio

The online is so much better that I'm now actually enjoying playing random people. By far the best improvement they've made and while it's nowhere near perfect, it's like going from dial-up to broadband coming from previous years.

So the OT should be - Yes, Yes, Yes! Online is playable now* (Bugs included at no extra cost)

So I got Crosley Field in a pack, but is that only playable in exhibition, etc.? I can't find it in DD...

Quick question before I pick this up: Can I take same-year saves from Vita to PS4 and back? Like, can I start a Franchise or whatever on Vita and then pick it up on PS4 at the same place? Thanks

firelogic

Consistent high level game, but it suffers from no ambition or big ideas. They have use of the a speaker and totally ignored it, use of a touch pad and basically totally ignored it. San Diego Studios are operating on the bare minimum at this point. New console, New Generation, same ole shit, fortunately it's a good game, but I'm losing my interest. This will be my last Show game for a while. What did I expect, it's baseball.

Baseball is baseball. How ambitious can anyone be in making a baseball sim? Not using the speaker or touchpad means they're lazy?

phierce

Baseball is baseball. How ambitious can anyone be in making a baseball sim? Not using the speaker or touchpad means they're lazy?
I guess From falls in this category, as well. They didn't use the speaker and barely used the touchpad for Bloodborne. Lazy fucks.

Yeah i don't know what people expect...can someone please explain why using the touchpad or speaker would matter?!?!

Top Bottom