• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

Xater

Got to play for a bit yesterday after the servers worked again. I like it. The lighting improvements make quite the difference. I also think that the Diamond Dynasty redesign makes it more of a mode worth playing.

Just wanted to say thanks, I don't care about licensing and this game looks like it nails the fun parts of a baseball game. Looks like I know what I'm using the $20 PSN card I got with Bloodborne for.

Hey, no problem. Game seems to be quite overlooked. I think it's a great game despite me not being a big fan of the character design.

Xater

I tried two online DD matches and one was good for me and one was like last years game. I think it's probably fine if you get people with good connections. I doubt that many other people play in Europe, so I am glad a good game is possible to have.

Am I the only one getting successful sac bunts counted as at bats? I get poor feedback for them as well.

This is in RTTS.

Lrrr

So, um...this happened to me. I guess this is one way to prevent the runner from scoring.

PolishedHideousHoiho.gif

sh1fty

Does anyone know if your Diamond Dynasty collection is tied to your online profile / PSN account? I'm curious because EB Games here in Canada has not delivered on their promised pre-order bonus of card packs... I'm tempted to try and get a full refund and buy the digital 10 year anniversary edition instead.

Would suck to lose all my progress and the $20 of cards I bought last night.

Xater

Does anyone know if your Diamond Dynasty collection is tied to your online profile / PSN account? I'm curious because EB Games here in Canada has not delivered on their promised pre-order bonus of card packs... I'm tempted to try and get a full refund and buy the digital 10 year anniversary edition instead.

I'd suspect it's tied to the online account. The mode doesn't even work if you are not connected to it.

ukas

It's tied to your user account. I wiped out the install/save data because I was having loading issues. Once it was installed again and updated my Diamond Dynasty team was there just like I left it.

BTW, loading is working much better now. If the card collection pages take forever to load I suggest deleting the install data and trying again. Worked great for me.

sh1fty

It's tied to your user account. I wiped out the install/save data because I was having loading issues. Once it was installed again and updated my Diamond Dynasty team was there just like I left it.

BTW, loading is working much better now. If the card collection pages take forever to load I suggest deleting the install data and trying again. Worked great for me.

Awesome, thank you. Now I will push EBs to see if they'll give me a full refund, because as far as I'm concerned, since I haven't received my promised pre-order bonus, they were advertising falsely.

I don't know what it is,but I feel so immersed in the game this year. Probably the lighting and all the new animations. But please SCEA,change the running animation for baserunners. It's so horrible lol.

I finally got a chance to play tonight.
Sucks as a Royals fan to have to control Madison Bumgarner against the Royals before even getting a chance to dig through the menus.

alterno69

Banned
I don't know what it is,but I feel so immersed in the game this year. Probably the lighting and all the new animations. But please SCEA,change the running animation for baserunners. It's so horrible lol.
I agree on the immersion, and people say graphics don't make a game hehe

Also, please rebuild the player models from scratch, they're a step up from last gen but still too blocky and the shoulders/armpits/arms are just wrong.

Awesome game none the less. I'm addicted to playing dinasty online.

I hope someone creates a Diamond Dynasty thread. I really want to see people's creations. Man, I wish they allowed you to design your own stadiums (as you could in MVP 06: NCAA Baseball, where you could fully design the dimensions and wall heights (http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/11/29/mvp-06-ballpark-creator) and MVP Baseball 2005, where you could expand the stadium from minor league-caliber to major league-caliber (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=126CnBLPL-s).). I would also like the ability to have the Diamond Dynasty teams be true expansion teams, allowing you to build a true major league franchise.

zychi

Banned

My RTTS guy runs faster than the animation. So he just bolts pass the fielder. I get triples almost everytime I get a hit lol. the only reason i get out is because i get stuck in a rundown.

I agree on the immersion, and people say graphics don't make a game hehe

Also, please rebuild the player models from scratch, they're a step up from last gen but still too blocky and the shoulders/armpits/arms are just wrong.

Awesome game none the less. I'm addicted to playing dinasty online.

Completely agree, best looking sports game by far.

PreFire

Earlier in diamond dynasty dynasty I hit a line drive to the pitchers head. He dropped like a bullet hit him. He was face down kicking his feet

He had to leave the game because he was "groggy", lol he was dazed for sure

I took screenshots, will post them after the Warriors game. Uploading screenshots is a pain in the ass on ps4

Btw, PSA
You don't want to resume after being on rest mode overnight. You won't get a daily stamp. There's a thread about it on OS and it happened to me too. I also lost out on post game rewards

Man I can't believe I have never touched Diamond Dynasty before, this custom team shit is hilarious.

The Dudes are ready for action.

I haven't tried this year's yet, but I know (from a dev video) it is so much better than it was in the past. Be glad you didn't try it out until now, because it was somewhat frustrating. You could never build a team because after a certain amount of time, the players (cards) would expire and you would lose them. And good cards were hard to get because they were so expensive, so it was tough to know how often to play the super-stars. In Diamond Dynasty Distilled, any player you get is yours forever and you get new cards like crazy. You could even "feed" unwanted cards to a player (I think you can only do it with one player) and they absorb skills of that card. It seems like it'll feel more freeing than the previous Diamond Dynasties and instead of worrying about getting enough points to buy replacement players, you can just relax and have fun and feel like you are truly building a team.

zulux21

Earlier in diamond dynasty dynasty I hit a line drive to the pitchers head. He dropped like a bullet hit him. He was face down kicking his feet

He had to leave the game because he was "groggy", lol he was dazed for sure

I took screenshots, will post them after the Warriors game. Uploading screenshots is a pain in the ass on ps4

Btw, PSA
You don't want to resume after being on rest mode overnight. You won't get a daily stamp. There's a thread about it on OS and it happened to me too. I also lost out on post game rewards

>.> what do daily stamps do and why should I care?
I am currently quite content to just go into rest and resume and never leave road to the show right now lol.

Navy Bean

I'm on the fence but close to buying. I would likely just play franchise mode although I would also play online if it works. Worth buying now or should I wait until mid-summer when it will surely be cheaper?

zulux21

I'm on the fence but close to buying. I would likely just play franchise mode although I would also play online if it works. Worth buying now or should I wait until mid-summer when it will surely be cheaper?

it depends on how much you will play and if that extra time is worth it to you.

I mean I thought about waiting, but then I thought about the fact that I will likely put in 100+ hours in the game in april alone and decided that was likely worth 60 bucks.

previously I just got the game in nov when it was $10.

v1lla21

Posted this in the league thread but I thought it'd be fun to post it here as well.

Loooool.
This dude got mad Cuz I beat him.
W4i3h0c.jpg

And this guy rage quit in the 4th after cursing me out calling me a dirty Mexican.

BX50TbL.jpg

beanman25

Anyone wanna play a DD match?

Not on the game now, but curious how you play a friend in DD? I tried matching with my friend for a good 30 minutes yesterday to no avail. The Anpanmen are 2-6 against randoms online.

I love the game, but damn if every pitch I throw doesn't seem like it gets crushed for a double.

jpd1408

Banned
Was playing some 14 today and it's still great how much of an upgrade is 15? Should I just wait for next years?

Last time Konami made an MLB game they essentially randomized names, stats and appearance resulting in hilarious skinny white Prince Fielder. Garbage.
Dude have actually seen Pro Yakyuu Spirits. My favorite thing in the game is subbing my pitcher as the home team in the Mazda Zoom Zoom stadium and having him come out in a Miata reminds me of bases loaded in the NES days

I wish they'd release a demo on the PS4. I want to try it out, but I'm not sure if it's worth a purchase at the moment. Unless I missed it somehow, I couldn't find one.

Navy Bean

I wish they'd release a demo on the PS4. I want to try it out, but I'm not sure if it's worth a purchase at the moment. Unless I missed it somehow, I couldn't find one.

I'd love a demo too. Not to beat a dead horse but last gen EVERYTHING had a demo. This gen NOTHING has a demo.

So, for people who bought last year, is this game a worthy upgrade?

Top Bottom