• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

I wish they put a little bit more effort into the advertisements in the stadiums. It really takes me out of the game to see the same 5 ads repeated over and over again in the stadium. I think the best game for this was All Star Baseball 2004 for the GameCube because they actually made parodies of the actual stadium ads for every stadium. At the very least they should make HD versions of multiple ads so I don't have to keep staring at the same low-res Majestic ad in 5 places in the outfield.

They have use of the a speaker and totally ignored it

Awesome. They would have just shoehorned something stupid into that. Glad they did the smart thing and ignored it.

use of a touch pad and basically totally ignored it

Again, fantastic. I can just hit up on the dpad to get to the quick menus. Adding touch screen garbage (swipe up to rob home run!) would have been equally as stupid as the speaker.

San Diego Studios are operating on the bare minimum at this point

This sentence means... nothing. It's a meaningless sentence.

New console, New Generation, same ole shit

As long as the shit is great, keep the old shit coming.

fortunately it's a good game

Isn't this all that matters?

but I'm losing my interest. This will be my last Show game for a while.

Okay.

What did I expect, it's baseball.

Studio makes great baseball sim, apparently not good enough in all non baseball sim areas.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
i wonder what comsicqueso will say to defend the online. :jnc
and i thought i was the biggest lover of mlb the show. have bought every one of them day one since they started being made.

the online has barely if at all improved over the course of the franchise.

Choomp

Banned
Consistent high level game, but it suffers from no ambition or big ideas. They have use of the a speaker and totally ignored it, use of a touch pad and basically totally ignored it. San Diego Studios are operating on the bare minimum at this point. New console, New Generation, same ole shit, fortunately it's a good game, but I'm losing my interest. This will be my last Show game for a while. What did I expect, it's baseball.

You know I kind of agree. I'm losing enjoyment in these games, the same gameplay quirks still annoy me, I don't think I'll continue to buy 'em in the future.

zulux21

You know I kind of agree. I'm losing enjoyment in these games, the same gameplay quirks still annoy me, I don't think I'll continue to buy 'em in the future.

I'm in the buy them every other year crowd. I typically buy them late in the year for $10 so for that amount every other year it's hard to be frustrated with the released. I decided to get it right away this year as I wanted it on the ps4 and wanted to play as the 2015 chicago white sox. I likely won't get another version of the game until nov 2017 though.

eznark

Banned
i wonder what comsicqueso will say to defend the online. :jnc
and i thought i was the biggest lover of mlb the show. have bought every one of them day one since they started being made.

the online has barely if at all improved over the course of the franchise.

Five games with randoms for me, no issues. I'm stoked!

hitmon

How do you tell how many stamps you currently have? I don't think I've been getting credited for each day despite logging into play each day.

How do you feed cards to each other in DD? Does this only apply to the create-a-character?

Game is frustrating at times, especially with the fielding. One example is throwing a fastball (in the strikezone) and watching it hit the catcher in the face mask and bounce into the stands leading to runs for the other team. Also had frequent occurrences where the outfielders and catchers let the ball hit them in the chest or drop instead of catching them despite being where the shadow is. Understandable if they are running and miss it, but when they get to the spot and are pretty much set to catch the ball it is annoying. There are also times where the first basemen doesn't cover first base. Second basemen makes an awesome stop, but no one to throw to at first.

Hopefully this is just a result of having not so good players (ratings in 70s) in DD. Haven't had a chance to try franchise yet since I'm waiting for the OS rosters. Is it just as bad in franchise for those who have played that mode?

demolitio

Five games with randoms for me, no issues. I'm stoked!

Yea, not sure what he's getting at there considering I just said on the last page that this is the first time I've really been able to play it online with little to no lag. There's some weird DD bugs but to say online hasn't improved makes me wonder if people have even bothered trying it.

Every other year I'd agree about zero online improvements and it being a joke but I still bought it for SP, but now online is finally enjoyable.

I'm not sure what was supposed to drastically change in terms of gameplay for this one anyway. Established sports franchises, especially highly rated ones, don't just change shit for the sake of changing it just like NBA 2K.

I'm more curious if next year really is the big graphical leap that someone mentioned earlier.

I'm not getting Diamond Dynasty. I've played two games, both Extra Innings and have nothing to show for it except for a few crappy cards. I won both of them, but my rating is still 0. If I look at "My Game History", it is empty. And, finally, if I go to look at the rankings, I'm at the bottom with a rating of '0', but it shows my record being 2-0.

So, how do I get a rating? Do I have to play someone online? Can I just play against a regular CPU team until I feel I'm good enough to go online? What the heck is Extra Innings even for???

Xater

I'm not getting Diamond Dynasty. I've played two games, both Extra Innings and have nothing to show for it except for a few crappy cards. I won both of them, but my rating is still 0. If I look at "My Game History", it is empty. And, finally, if I go to look at the rankings, I'm at the bottom with a rating of '0', but it shows my record being 2-0.

So, how do I get a rating? Do I have to play someone online? Can I just play against a regular CPU team until I feel I'm good enough to go online? What the heck is Extra Innings even for???

Extra innings is to there to play against user created teams without actually playing against a human. If you want your shit to count you have to play real head to head games. The CPU games and Extra Innings are just there to train, try stuff out and maybe get some cards.

ngower

How beginner-friendly is this game? Reviews are few and far between (or non-existent) and I haven't played a baseball game since the Dreamcast. Hell, I've hardly kept up with the sport in that time. But I really wanna get back into both the sport and the games. From what I've gathered, the game's still a bit buggy and could use a patch or two, but people still seem to think it's a solid entry. What's your verdict, GAF?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
How beginner-friendly is this game? Reviews are few and far between (or non-existent) and I haven't played a baseball game since the Dreamcast. Hell, I've hardly kept up with the sport in that time. But I really wanna get back into both the sport and the games. From what I've gathered, the game's still a bit buggy and could use a patch or two, but people still seem to think it's a solid entry. What's your verdict, GAF?

verdict is it's been the best single player baseball game on the market since inception and still is.

online can be hit or miss in past iterations.. i personally haven't played online yet this year but from others in this thread it seems solid so far.

what i tell everyone who asks your question (and it's a lot of people) if you enjoy baseball in the slightest you will enjoy the game. there are 'dynamic' difficulty options that change as you get better or worse.

Lingitiz

Manager RTTS AI continues to be totally broken. Went 16-5 with a 1.65 ERA and somehow I get pulled from the rotation next season due to someone coming back from injury.

alterno69

Banned
If online works great for me, living in Mexico i can't imagine it not working for people living in the US playing with lower ping.

It actually works this year, i've played 10 online games and it ranged from good to great.

Xevren

Had a strange instance in which after my pitcher got on base after getting a hit his speed/steal jumped to 99 on each. Well alright then!

Just played a 15 inning game and the online worked great, completely smooth.

Oh yeah except when I hit a 3-run shot to right and it only gave me 2 runs =\

Xater

I knew nothing about baseball before I started palying this series in 2012 and that was before they implemented more beginner friendly stuff like the dynamic difficulty. Baseball seems to be the kinda sport that still delivers a very easy game to play despite being a simulation. It's not like you need tons of inputs or stuff is happening all the time.

Fantomas

Just played a 15 inning game and the online worked great, completely smooth.

Oh yeah except when I hit a 3-run shot to right and it only gave me 2 runs =\

I had that same thing happen to me in franchise mode. Hit a three run shot and only got 2, guy at first just stayed there. Weird bug.

I had that same thing happen to me in franchise mode. Hit a three run shot and only got 2, guy at first just stayed there. Weird bug.

Yup, same as me. After the HR I still had a guy on first.

Protip: Make sure to load the bases before sending one into the seats

Lingitiz

Consistent high level game, but it suffers from no ambition or big ideas. They have use of the a speaker and totally ignored it, use of a touch pad and basically totally ignored it. San Diego Studios are operating on the bare minimum at this point. New console, New Generation, same ole shit, fortunately it's a good game, but I'm losing my interest. This will be my last Show game for a while. What did I expect, it's baseball.

Yeah I can't help but agree. Having year to year saves only showed me how little has changed from last year. It really does feel like the exact same game, even up to the little things that continue to be strangely unfixed, like the shitty character hair glitching out at certain camera angles, horrible RTTS manager AI, garbage commentary that is somehow worse than last year, etc.

It's a high level game but it doesn't feel like anything that couldn't be done on PS3 hardware other than the visuals, and even then I don't think it looks very good. As long as they must cling to Vita and PS3, I don't expect major changes for a while.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know when the OS rosters are supposed to be uploaded? I went to their forum to look around, but couldn't find any estimated date. Do they usually make a new thread announcing when it's gone live?

I've now discovered this new disappointing feeling you get when you log in hoping to see your stub count get higher because you sold an item, but you see it stayed the same :(

eznark

Banned
I've now discovered this new disappointing feeling you get when you log in hoping to see your stub count get higher because you sold an item, but you see it stayed the same :(

I'm constantly checking to see if that bat sold. It's ruining my experience!

I'm constantly checking to see if that bat sold. It's ruining my experience!

I think I might have the same bat you had---I don't know what the lowest bid is at the moment, but I think I got rid of it for 16000, which was 20000 lower than the lowest bid at the time

Again I am a horrible businessman but if you are thirsting for those stubs that's what you'll have to do!

Rommel

Just sold one of my diamond bats for 21k. I've sold most my duplicates silver or higher player card wise, now to grind and sell the dupes bronze and below. It'll take awhile, having only 20 slots in the market sucks

Rommel

My now lineup consists of

Ozzie Smith
Robbie Cano
Ted Williams
Mike Schmitt
Jeff Bagwell
Harmon Killabrew
Steve Finley
Carlos Ruiz

Making a push for Yogi right now

PreFire

Just played diamond dynasty extra innings. Got a message after the game that the game would be evaluated before I'm given any rewards.

I better get my rewards lol

9 innings are long

I wish in DD mode I could insert my team into the regular MLB season instead of playing one time selected opponents.

Two question, how do you challenge an ump call?

Second, when playing online, does the game compensate for lag in regards to hit timing?
Or do I have to do some mental phantom gymnastics and alter my swing timing based on sposed observed lag? Which would then ultimately fuck up my single player hit timing.

PreFire

I wish in DD mode I could insert my team into the regular MLB season instead of playing one time selected opponents.

Second, when playing online, does the game compensate for lag in regards to hit timing?
Or do I have to do some mental phantom gymnastics and alter my swing timing based on sposed observed lag? Which would then ultimately fuck up my single player hit timing.
You challenge when you get the prompt to press square. So far I've only gotten one challenge attempt and lost, a close first base call.

Online I played a head to head in dd, there was lag at first like in the 1st inning. After that it was really smooth. No need to compensate input

hitmon

In my experience, challenging umps is an event that pops up on bang-bang plays. You basically select to challenge the play when it pops up.

Just played diamond dynasty extra innings. Got a message after the game that the game would be evaluated before I'm given any rewards.

I better get my rewards lol

9 innings are long

Change to fast play. It still takees like an hour and 20 to do a complete game. However, suspend feature now on ps4 its not so bad. I play at night but my fiance won't let me play for longer than an hour because it distracts her reading time. So its nice to suspend a game and finish it a day later.

Man the framerate is terrible this year. Was last years this bad too? It's been a couple years since I got a game in this series but what happened to the 60 fps during gameplay? This feels like it's struggling a lot to hit it.

PreFire

Change to fast play. It still takees like an hour and 20 to do a complete game. However, suspend feature now on ps4 its not so bad. I play at night but my fiance won't let me play for longer than an hour because it distracts her reading time. So its nice to suspend a game and finish it a day later.

Yeah but when you resume do you still get rewards after the game? Assuming you were talking about DD

Striker

The game seems to crash on me for whatever reason. I've played three times now and in two of those instances it's crashed three times. I'm not sure why it's doing it. The disc itself looks new as I bought it and BF4 never did this.

zulux21

as long as you have a place to ask questions like for example.. here :p it should be really friendly. It asks you at the start how much baseball/video games you play and if you select little to no it sets you on really easy settings where you just have to press a button to swing, press a button to pitch ect it goes through you with step by step stuff while the game is loading so it's annoying for people who know what they are doing but great for someone new.

the game has some bugs indeed, but to call the game buggy would be incorrect to me as overall it's very well put together and works great without a day one patch unlike so many other games these days.

zulux21

Yeah but when you resume do you still get rewards after the game? Assuming you were talking about DD

the time I suspended while playing DD I did not get rewards. it said server error and then even though I won by 20 runs I got nothing :(

Rommel

Online has been great except for one game for me. Had a weird lag that made it nearly impossible to hit any kind of breaking ball. Anyone else have problems like that?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Made a new RTTS character this year. Pitcher. Just threw my first complete game shutout in the minors and game glitches, freezes with the manager staring at the screen...fun!

q7IfPxdl.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRRTh1bsYIM

Top Bottom