• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

zulux21

Before I go to great lengths to have Thunderstruck play when Mark Melancon is put in the game, is even possible to import music in that way on the PS4 version?

as far as I know it is not.

as far as I know the only way to get custom music in the ps4 version is to have spotify playing, which means no custom walk up songs unless you want to do it with the 10 included with the game.

Xevren

Man the whole card thing is pretty addicting lol. I'm on a mission to get George Brett and I'm getting there. Saving up for Greg Holland is gonna stink, I have such bad luck with packs :(

as far as I know it is not.

as far as I know the only way to get custom music in the ps4 version is to have spotify playing, which means no custom walk up songs unless you want to do it with the 10 included with the game.

Thanks, at least I know. It's a shame, it would be a great feature to have back. It seems like they left the hooks just in case it's possible someday to have more than just the game's tacks.

zulux21

Thanks, at least I know. It's a shame, it would be a great feature to have back. It seems like they left the hooks just in case it's possible someday to have more than just the game's tacks.

I was thinking about it, and I wonder if the share feature is one of the bigger reasons why it's gone. spotify works but the ads would still come over your stream as well thus it would be legal, but people playing illegal music could result in issues with their streaming partners.

Just won an online DD game 3-2..... in 24 innings. Surprisingly it only took about 2 hours lol. Me and the other guy were down to our last pitchers so it was pretty intense. I had 22 hits in the game and he only had 12, but he did have a 2 run home run.

The best part: my dynasty player was the one to get the game winning single. I could have screamed for joy if it wouldn't wake my wife and son up. Man I love this game!

NateDrake

Made a new RTTS character this year. Pitcher. Just threw my first complete game shutout in the minors and game glitches, freezes with the manager staring at the screen...fun!

q7IfPxdl.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRRTh1bsYIM

LOL that video is amazing.

zulux21

LOL that video is amazing.

I suppose I should be glad the only real bug I have run into is with the commentary.

It gets confused what time of year it is from time to time since I joined the majors mid season.... in a mid august game they started talking about how june is the time where teams start to separate each other and thus june baseball should be exciting to watch.

beyond that it has issues with inside the park home runs.... where i have gotten a regular home run and an inside the park one and was player of the game and it goes and talks about how I had multiple long distance home runs that game.

Xater

Man the framerate is terrible this year. Was last years this bad too? It's been a couple years since I got a game in this series but what happened to the 60 fps during gameplay? This feels like it's struggling a lot to hit it.

Crazy talk. The frame date has only still issues in some of the TV presentation like scenes. It's solid during gameplay just like last year. And problems during those scenes are also rarer.

The card management needs a feature where I can push a button and just see all my doubles.

Crazy talk. The frame date has only still issues in some of the TV presentation like scenes. It's solid during gameplay just like last year. And problems during those scenes are also rarer.

The card management needs a feature where I can push a button and just see all my doubles.

No way, the broadcast view has trouble maintaining 60 fps. Fielding is dropping frames all the time. Even the catcher view for batting is dropping frames. The framerate during normal gameplay views has really stuck out to me. One of the things I like to do when taking a break is just set it to CPU playing with a TV broadcast view to see how much it can look like watching a game on TV. I always do this with every iteration I buy at some point and the framerate just really stuck out in this version compared to previous years. I skipped the last couple of years, so maybe this is more of a recent issue, but it was not this bad before. I'm very framerate sensitive and it's bugging me.

Xater

No way, the broadcast view has trouble maintaining 60 fps. Fielding is dropping frames all the time. Even the catcher view for batting is dropping frames. The framerate during normal gameplay views has really stuck out to me. One of the things I like to do when taking a break is just set it to CPU playing with a TV broadcast view to see how much it can look like watching a game on TV. I always do this with every iteration I buy at some point and the framerate just really stuck out in this version compared to previous years. I skipped the last couple of years, so maybe this is more of a recent issue, but it was not this bad before. I'm very framerate sensitive and it's bugging me.

I am also very frame rate sensitive and this game is fine during gameplay.

So I've played a few games online. And I must say it's drastically been improved from the last few years.

I just played a guy from Korea lag-free.

Maybe a thread title change is due?

Lrrr

I think Diamond Dynasty needs its own OT where newbies to the mode (like myself) can learn what it is and how to play it with people giving each other advice and such. This thread should be about every other aspect of the game. Just my 0.02.

ukas

My nephews and I want to start an online franchise together, but we may be running into some issues. I'm wondering if anyone can clear this up.

My end is fine since I'm the only one that will be using my ps4, but they both share the ps4 at their house. Is it possible to do this when they have head to head games against each other since it seems that only one account can't be logged in at a time? If not that sucks.

eznark

Banned
Fast play then you don't even have to button mash. I haven't seen a cut scene since like 08

Like 300 something because I've spent most of my time opening packs and all that bullshit

Today I go wreck with my bought team (though oddly trout and Stanton came from earned things)

Jesus what's your overall?

Fast play then you don't even have to button mash. I haven't seen a cut scene since like 08

Jesus what's your overall?
Well if you're wondering...

C Matt wieters
1b Joe mauer
2b Dwyane Wade
SS some good player whose name I forgot
3B the nationals 3B and machado
OF - Puig, Stanton, trout

Rotation is bumgarner, kluber, Lynn, and two other dudes whose names I already forgot

So what are you like a 88 overall rank?
That or 84. I think I saw 84 last night but that was before Puig

Also those packs are a damn waste. I think that 2 hour stretch where I scored Stanton, trout and bumgarner was a complete stroke of luck

Kal_El

This may have been asked and answered by why is Kris Bryant and Addison Russell not in the game? Not even in Iowa?

That's nice for you but some people like the pacing full-broadcast brings. That was my point about button-mashing (that if you're button-mashing to the next pitch, or playing fastplay, of course you wouldn't notice or care), but if you're one to watch everything play out, then the game is running sub-30 an awful goddamn lot. I don't care if "during gameplay" it was a blistering 120 fps, when every goddamn cutscene struggles to hit 30 it's disappointing.

Couleurs

This may have been asked and answered by why is Kris Bryant and Addison Russell not in the game? Not even in Iowa?

Players aren't added to the game until after they play their first regular season MLB game. It's something about how they aren't considered as being in the MLBPA until then.

I really wish you could import your DD logos from year to year. I don't really want to spend hours doing my uniforms again, even though they were an immense source of pride for me.

Kal_El

Players aren't added to the game until after they play their first regular season MLB game. It's something about how they aren't considered as being in the MLBPA until then.

So all of the IOWA players have at some point been in the MLB? Why have Iowa if the team is not accurate because of MLB stuff. Will I have to start my franchise over after they add him to the game?

Kal_El

Which packs are you guys mainly opening? I seem to do better with position players. I can see myself spending alot of money on stubs.

Which packs are you guys mainly opening? I seem to do better with position players. I can see myself spending alot of money on stubs.
I go back and forth on this a lot

I have gotten someone Good from each pack, it's hard for me to say if any pack in particular has a better chance at non trash cards

Couleurs

So all of the IOWA players have at some point been in the MLB? Why have Iowa if the team is not accurate because of MLB stuff. Will I have to start my franchise over after they add him to the game?

There's a lot of fake players on the minor league teams, except for guys who have been called up and sent back down. Depending on how realistic you want your minor league rosters to be, keep an eye on http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-show-rosters for updates on when the OSFM rosters will be released, which are edits of every team's minor league rosters to replace fake players with real players, as well as appearance/attribute edits to make them more like the real players. It takes a few weeks for people to edit every team and combine everything into a single roster file, but it's worth it since it adds so much realism to the game.

Also yes, you'll have to restart your franchise if you want to use an updated roster.

Kal_El

There's a lot of fake players on the minor league teams, except for guys who have been called up and sent back down. Depending on how realistic you want your minor league rosters to be, keep an eye on http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-show-rosters for updates on when the OSFM rosters will be released, which are edits of every team's minor league rosters to replace fake players with real players, as well as appearance/attribute edits to make them more like the real players. It takes a few weeks for people to edit every team and combine everything into a single roster file, but it's worth it since it adds so much realism to the game.

Also yes, you'll have to restart your franchise if you want to use an updated roster.

Thanks for the link and shit...i'm not going to play anymore franchise until I get the REAL CUBBIES lineup.

Kal_El

I spent $20 on stubs and can't buy any packs. I need to play around in the menus more but what do I do with sponsorships and shoes bats etc.

PreFire

the time I suspended while playing DD I did not get rewards. it said server error and then even though I won by 20 runs I got nothing :(

Damn, I learned my lesson after one fuck up

I guess you need one session uninterrupted from online in order to get rewards.

I bought 2 packs using stubs. Didn't get shit :(

I need some good players lol

Rommel

Darn. I need some new shoes! Lol

If there is a way to transfer equipment you can have a pair of silver cleats.

Haven't been able to pull a diamond cleat to save my life. I've cut myself off of buying more packs until I clean out all my trash cards. Just finished selling off all my AL East duplicates.

AuGjCpZ.png

Dajanksta

Banned
You got some nice cleets! I haven't gotten anything diamond yet :( and I don't know of a way to transfer unfortunately. Also encountered an error the other day where I was prompted to do training for my rtts guy, got gold, and received no training points! Lol agh!

PreFire

If there is a way to transfer equipment you can have a pair of silver cleats.

Haven't been able to pull a diamond cleat to save my life. I've cut myself off of buying more packs until I clean out all my trash cards. Just finished selling off all my AL East duplicates.

AuGjCpZ.png
What do the multipliers in red signify?

I had it on one of my player cards. Can't mean multiple

Rommel

That's weird. When I fed the card that had a x2 it didn't give me an option to feed one at a time

What do you mean by feed? When you put a card on the market it will just take one. So if you have x3 of one card you'll have x2 after placing a sell order.

PreFire

What do you mean by feed? When you put a card on the market it will just take one. So if you have x3 of one card you'll have x2 after placing a sell order.

In diamond dynasty the player you create can be trained. In order to train him you must feed cards to him and in turn the cards delete but they add attribute points to your player.

Thanks for the tips though. Good to know

Rommel

In diamond dynasty the player you create with can be trained. In order to train him you must feed cards to him and in turn the cards delete but they add attribute points to your player.

Interesting. I haven't created a player yet. I'll have to try that. I have 100's of trash cards I'm just selling for 25-200 stubs per on the market right now.

Top Bottom