• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

no, the only online mode the vita has is homerun derby

Oh,
baseballs.jpg

zulux21

in comparison to other legends in the game?...who are rated lower than 98?

maybe it's just been a while..

If you take those career numbers and treat the player as in his prime, he would likely be rated one of the top players in the game.

beyond that, you had to give the astros something... they are sad in general :p

Feel free to add me on PSN (Snelling481) and give them a run ;)... my pitching staff btw

qo0G5fN.png

:p
I'd lose horribly if you were playing them, but against the AI I can mess with stuff lol.

Rommel

2 $50 packs + the Collectors game or whatever, so 165 packs. Drew 2 diamond players, probably 8 golds and played the market for the rest.

Rommel

I actually kind of regret it. If I could sell the account and start over with scrubs and work my way up I probably would. Of course my time to play is limited right now with work and the wife so I probably wouldn't get as far in that case.

Dajanksta

Banned
Your potential will mostly be determined by how well you do in that showcase game in the beginning. If you start as a D but turn into the next Jeter or something it will at most be a C or a B.
I see. Makes sense. I'm batting pretty well right now in triple a and was curious. Got my overall to 85 :)

theWB27

I really don't get the scoring in RTTS....I can get more points in a game where I hit 3 singles and 2 RBI than a game where I pelt 2 homers 5 RBI and a stolen base.

Even with that....this is immensely fun...especially knowing this career can last multiple games now.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
My pitcher is wrecking the minor leagues. In AAA now, almost kinda hope I don't get called up too early cuz I really need to work on my skills. But I guess I do have that 12,000 points sitting around to be used.

Returners

Does anyone play the Vita version?

Does the pitch info disappear after the first batter?

I can't see any pitch info beyond the first batter. Even when the option in Gameplay Options is checked.

Kal_El

I pull David Ortiz and i'm like sweet OVR 88. First game in the lineup: let's a ground ball (sharply hit). Get pass him then in the bottom of the 9th in a tie game, runner on 2nd base . The batter hits a would be inning ending ground ball to 3rd base that he skips to 1st base and Ortiz couldn't make the catch. Next batter single up the middle for the win. Ortiz is now on my bench for Eric Hosmer.

BFIB

I pull David Ortiz and i'm like sweet OVR 88. First game in the lineup: let's a ground ball (sharply hit). Get pass him then in the bottom of the 9th in a tie game, runner on 2nd base . The batter hits a would be inning ending ground ball to 3rd base that he skips to 1st base and Ortiz couldn't make the catch. Next batter single up the middle for the win. Ortiz is now on my bench for Eric Hosmer.

Ortiz will probably call your house to complain.

phierce

Why didn't you yank your 3B for making a shitty throw to first?

We all know Ortiz is a lock for a gold glove every year...

Rommel

So I started a new PSN account to restart my DD team. I limited myself to a bit less than what I would have started with the normal collectors edition. Ran through 12 packs to start and now will play it out with this roster.

SP - Yu Darvish
SP - Anibal Sanchez
SP - Danny Duffy
SP - Jordan Lyles
SP - Aaron Harang

CF - Billy Hamilton
RF - Juan Lagares
1B - Anthony Rizzo
3B - Alex Rodriguez
C - Alex Avila
LF - Chris Denorfia
2B - Dustin Ackley
SS - Brendan Ryan

It will be a lot more fun working my way up with this team I believe :) Got lucky to get 2 gold cards (Darvish and Sanchez) in 12 packs. Billie Hamilton was my starter silver player and I picked up Rizzo on the last pack (thankfully or my lineup would have been really bad!)

So I started a new PSN account to restart my DD team. I limited myself to a bit less than what I would have started with the normal collectors edition. Ran through 12 packs to start and now will play it out with this roster.

SP - Yu Darvish
SP - Anibal Sanchez
SP - Danny Duffy
SP - Jordan Lyles
SP - Aaron Harang

CF - Billy Hamilton
RF - Juan Lagares
1B - Anthony Rizzo
3B - Alex Rodriguez
C - Alex Avila
LF - Chris Denorfia
2B - Dustin Ackley
SS - Brendan Ryan

It will be a lot more fun working my way up with this team I believe :) Got lucky to get 2 gold cards (Darvish and Sanchez) in 12 packs. Billie Hamilton was my starter silver player and I picked up Rizzo on the last pack (thankfully or my lineup would have been really bad!)

yo dude did you just spend a shit ton of money to get legends and a stacked roster

and then turn around and try the poor man's route

what

Rommel, as long as you're having fun... that's all that matters.

You should go to Carvel later and get yourself a Fudgie cake. SDS should buy it for you...

ba6079285771feeeb98793ac1bb393a4.jpg

Rommel

yo dude did you just spend a shit ton of money to get legends and a stacked roster

and then turn around and try the poor man's route

what

Oh I'll still play on that roster some. And I'm playing on the market to get other players I want. But half the fun for me in games is the struggle in the beginning. I just realized I completely missed out on that phase in building up my stacked roster.

I had a 3 month PSN code laying around so really it only cost me $10 to reload with a new roster.

But half the fun for me in games is the struggle in the beginning. I just realized I completely missed out on that phase in building up my stacked roster.

That's it for me...the slow burn with building up the team. I could easily pick up a couple hundred packs and slap together a legendary team, but I imagine my desire to keep playing would tumble after.
I also need the extra time to get better at the game, so I don't get humiliated with my All Stars.

I feel bad enough for having used my 12K points from the premium edition on my RTTS player. This is my first year playing the game and I didn't realize what a massive upgrade that is for your stats. It feels like I cut down the training timeline for my guy by a full year or two, as he went from a AA scrub bucket to a dude who could probably be starting on an MLB roster at 18. It's not a game breaker, since I already mentioned that I'm still struggling a bit with timing and self control at the plate, but it was a mistake in hindsight.

That's it for me...the slow burn with building up the team. I could easily pick up a couple hundred packs and slap together a legendary team, but I imagine my desire to keep playing would tumble after.
I also need the extra time to get better at the game, so I don't get humiliated with my All Stars.

I feel bad enough for having used my 12K points from the premium edition on my RTTS player. This is my first year playing the game and I didn't realize what a massive upgrade that is for your stats. It feels like I cut down the training timeline for my guy by a full year or two, as he went from a AA scrub bucket to a dude who could probably be starting on an MLB roster at 18. It's not a game breaker, since I already mentioned that I'm still struggling a bit with timing and self control at the plate, but it was a mistake in hindsight.

Yeah I haven't put any points on my RTTS player aside from the ones I earn playing games. The sense of progression is really good and feels natural.

Kal_El

So far other than the 12k they give me I've only invested $20 and i'm really tempted to use more. I remember Madden Ultimate Team and I don't want to fall into that trap

v1lla21

I only dropped $10 on stubs, not doing it again. I probably spent around 150 in FIFA Ultimate team. Can't do that again.

I only dropped $10 on stubs, not doing it again. I probably spent around 150 in FIFA Ultimate team. Can't do that again.

Can't wait for that post tomorrow where you dropped 20

and then 50 because 50 is the best value

you fallin v1lla

also i can't believe this shit is STILL down wtf??

Top Bottom