• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

theWB27

Has anyone else, in RTTS, had their contract purchased and called up to the Majors and then immediately sent back down to AAA before even playing a game in the Majors?

v1lla21

Can't wait for that post tomorrow where you dropped 20

and then 50 because 50 is the best value

you fallin v1lla

also i can't believe this shit is STILL down wtf??

I spent more on UT and this is seriously the reason why I'm holding off of The Show for a while.

I didn't get shit with the 10 bucks. at least in FIFA I kept getting good players. The best players I've gotten have came from booting up the game. I wish they had tiered packs for players.

50 is the best value.

Has anyone else, in RTTS, had their contract purchased and called up to the Majors and then immediately sent back down to AAA before even playing a game in the Majors?
It could be that you got called up because the player with a higher rating on your position got injured - and then magically healthy again before the schedule allowed you to dress up for a game.

I didn't get shit with the 10 bucks. at least in FIFA I kept getting good players. The best players I've gotten have came from booting up the game. I wish they had tiered packs for players.

50 is the best value.
I like how they give out stuff doing random things in the game now. I spent something close to 50 on stubs last year, and he's still great. Whereas in UT I was a rich man once, and now I'm literally back to 2k coins again with all my players discarded.

So I guess it's nice to know that I can transfer my MLB 14 pro to '15 with my bought stubs still active (high 80 rated 3B). Feels like less of a waste.

Edit:eek:ops, double posted. Is there a GAF rule against this? (new here)

theWB27

It could be that you got called up because the player with a higher rating on your position got injured - and then magically healthy again before the schedule allowed you to dress up for a game.

Ah. Well...I'm officially an Astro SS now so it's cool. First ML start upcoming.

theWB27

Sweet. What's your rating? And how deep are Astros on SS?

I'm rated 80 right now. Lowrie(79) and Villar(80) are both on the roster. New triple A guy is rated 71. First game I went 2-4 with 2 singles. Not bad. Since I don't pay attention to MLB in in real life I didn't know the Astros changed their jerseys...I like'em.

zulux21

nope... just constant interaction "I want to bat higher" manager "sure you are doing awesome why not."

play game go 4-4 with 3 home runs 6rbi in a game my team wins 6-5... get demoted back tot he bottom of the line up as my reward :/

zulux21

Online game. Bottom of 12th. I have lost my patient. Swing at stupid stuff but I run into one. Fun little 1:40 video.

http://youtu.be/ffntXuo0g2c

people seem to have exploded from the home run o_O
before
b0KMvqR.png

after

the fire works go into the air and the crowd vanishes :p

edit: sorry for the double post.

theWB27

nope... just constant interaction "I want to bat higher" manager "sure you are doing awesome why not."

play game go 4-4 with 3 home runs 6rbi in a game my team wins 6-5... get demoted back tot he bottom of the line up as my reward :/

Oops....I haven't checked my interactions in 3 seasons. O well. Ignorance is bliss.

2hr...3 rbi (game winning homerun no less) and I get 75 points for the game.

Any idea how to fix the black bars issue? Using a 1080p TV (PS4) and it works fine with other games. The display area setting didn't help.

phierce

Just want to say. Awesome opening day today. Sox in 1st. Yanks in last. Can't get much better than this.

Hi bananafactory

Also, why is catching flyballs in this game so awkwardly hard and stupid? Its like trying to play with people with cerebellar damage out there.

ukas

How do you steal to specific runners. First and tHird, but i only want the guy on first to steal.
Pushing right on the left stick and L2 will queue up the steal. Other than that I'm not sure. There is a run down of all the control schemes in the options somewhere.

I hate playing a game and seeing that you can get a gold card as one of the finals....and it's down to 2....
and you get the bronze :(

I've also noticed that people seem to often quit when see my stadium selection (which I have all of) wtf why does this freak people out

Rommel

I hate playing a game and seeing that you can get a gold card as one of the finals....and it's down to 2....
and you get the bronze :(

I've also noticed that people seem to often quit when see my stadium selection (which I have all of) wtf why does this freak people out

I honestly wish I choose not to see the count down. Kills me when I lose out :(

I'm playing this guy who is starting CC Sabathia, the first batter he gives Trout 4 straight balls, then he yanks him for Darren O'day???

sh1fty

I spent $20 initially for 27 packs (mostly because EBs in Canada screwed up their pre-order bonus of dynasty packs -- which I still haven't received a week later..). I didn't get very much but it was nice to be able to replace my roster with some bronze/silver players to make the game enjoyable.

A few random packs later I pulled a 94 Giancarlo Stanton. I decided opening packs and completing collections was more fun than having 1 good outfielder (who I actually wasn't having much success with anyways) so I sold him for 50K stubs.

With those 50 packs I pulled 92 David Price, 88 Cole Hamels, 86 Gerrit Cole, 86 Alex Gordon, 89 Jose Bautista and the stubs needed to complete the Blue Jays collection for my 85 Joe Carter :).... I think I came out ahead in the end so I'm happy with that.

My roster as of this morning (with only $20 real money spent):

SP - David Price (92)
SP - Cole Hamels (88)
SP - Gerrit Cole (86)
SP - Jeff Samardzija (84)
SP - Lance Lynn (84)

RP - Kelvin Herrera (80)
RP - Pat Neshek (83) - love the side-arm!
RP - Mark Melancon (82)

1B - Joe Carter (85 Legend)
2B - Ian Kinsler (86)
SS - Jimmie Rollins (83)
3B - Matt Carpenter (80)
C - Russell Martin (83)
RF - Jose Bautista (89)
CF - Michael Bourn (81)
LF - Alex Gordon (86)

Working on completing the Diamondbacks, Braves, Indians and Astros collections now.

Xater

I spent $20 initially for 27 packs (mostly because EBs in Canada screwed up their pre-order bonus of dynasty packs -- which I still haven't received a week later..). I didn't get very much but it was nice to be able to replace my roster with some bronze/silver players to make the game enjoyable.

A few random packs later I pulled a 94 Giancarlo Stanton. I decided opening packs and completing collections was more fun than having 1 good outfielder (who I actually wasn't having much success with anyways) so I sold him for 50K stubs.

With those 50 packs I pulled 92 David Price, 88 Cole Hamels, 86 Gerrit Cole, 86 Alex Gordon, 89 Jose Bautista and the stubs needed to complete the Blue Jays collection for my 85 Joe Carter :).... I think I came out ahead in the end so I'm happy with that.

My roster as of this morning (with only $20 real money spent):

SP - David Price (92)
SP - Cole Hamels (88)
SP - Gerrit Cole (86)
SP - Jeff Samardzija (84)
SP - Lance Lynn (84)

RP - Kelvin Herrera (80)
RP - Pat Neshek (83) - love the side-arm!
RP - Mark Melancon (82)

1B - Joe Carter (85 Legend)
2B - Ian Kinsler (86)
SS - Jimmie Rollins (83)
3B - Matt Carpenter (80)
C - Russell Martin (83)
RF - Jose Bautista (89)
CF - Michael Bourn (81)
LF - Alex Gordon (86)

Working on completing the Diamondbacks, Braves, Indians and Astros collections now.

I wish I was lucky enough to get at least one diamond player so I could do the same. I got a diamond card, but it was just a bat. :(

Hell I got like 3 or 4 silver players from 30-40 packs so far. I have the worst luck it seems.

Lingitiz

So what's the general consensus on this title so far? Reviews from publications seem a little mixed.
It's very good but the changes are small and nothing has been truly overhauled other than making Diamond Dynasty more approachable.

They've really smoothed out most of the technical issues and made this what should have been last year's game, but I think with the next one they will need to overhaul RTTS and add a new mode or something.

sh1fty

I wish I was lucky enough to get at least one diamond player so I could do the same. I got a diamond card, but it was just a bat. :(

Hell I got like 3 or 4 silver players from 30-40 packs so far. I have the worst luck it seems.

My first 30-35 packs weren't great either. All I had were a few silvers (Bryce Harper) and the Ian Kinsler gold card I started with for playing MLB 14.

It wasn't until I got that G. Stanton diamond card that things exploded and I was able to finance a whole weekend full of opening packs without spending money (100+ packs this weekend easily). In the packs I opened from selling Stanton for 50K stubs, I also pulled a few Diamond equipment and sponsorship cards which I sold to keep the pack train rolling haha.

sh1fty

So what's the general consensus on this title so far? Reviews from publications seem a little mixed.

Coming from someone who is jumping into MLB 15 with no prior baseball game experience, I am really enjoying it and finding Diamond Dynasty very fun and and addictive. The animations and presentation are amazing and it seems like they have 3 very solid modes to get lost in (Franchise, RTTS and DD).

It seems like Diamond Dynasty has been pretty fair so far. I have put alot of hours in the first week and have amassed a pretty good team (see my post above) with only spending $20 real money on packs. I have completed one collection so far (Blue Jays) and have about 4 more on the go which I know are doable. Completing all the collections will be challenging.

I jumped into the DS division and this is my reward, facing this team:

P: Felix Hernandez
his created guy (99)
mike trout
ted williams
miguel cabrera
robinson cano
andrew mccutchen
george brett
buster posey

.....and a blue screen

sh1fty

A tip for anyone who hasn't completed any DD collections yet.... Double check each team and count how many cards are needed to complete the collection and how many are actually out there... If you open a collection and hit square, you can see all the cards you don't have.

For example, the Blue Jays collection requires ~39 cards I believe, but there are actually more than 39 Blue Jays cards out there. I was able to claim the Joe Carter legend card without actually owning Edwin Encarnacion, Josh Donaldson, Jose Reyes or RA Dickey.

I have noticed a few other collections you can complete without needing the one diamond player on the squad (Braves - I don't think you need Kimbrel to complete it). The Braves also don't have anyone else above 84 silver so it should be a pretty doable collection.

A tip for anyone who hasn't completed any DD collections yet.... Double check each team and count how many cards are needed to complete the collection and how many are actually out there... If you open a collection and hit square, you can see all the cards you don't have.

For example, the Blue Jays collection requires ~39 cards I believe, but there are actually more than 39 Blue Jays cards out there. I was able to claim the Joe Carter legend card without actually owning Edwin Encarnacion, Josh Donaldson, Jose Reyes or RA Dickey.

I have noticed a few other collections you can complete without needing the one diamond player on the squad (Braves - I don't think you need Kimbrel to complete it). The Braves also don't have anyone else above 84 silver so it should be a pretty doable collection.

Yeah, I noticed this a couple of days ago. Jays require 36 and I am getting close.

sh1fty

Yeah, I noticed this a couple of days ago. Jays require 36 and I am getting close.

I got lucky and pulled Bautista and Buerhle from packs so all I needed was to get Russell Martin and everyone ranked below him to complete it.

I find if you just put a bunch of 10 stub buy orders out there for Bronze/Common cards, people will actually do it... even though the cards are clearly auctioning for much much more.

Xevren

I got lucky and pulled Bautista and Buerhle from packs so all I needed was to get Russell Martin and everyone ranked below him to complete it.

I find if you just put a bunch of 10 stub buy orders out there for Bronze/Common cards, people will actually do it... even though the cards are clearly auctioning for much much more.

Willing to bet they do it accidentally, since I do it all the damn time. Those stupid buy orders go to the top so I sell it for stupid cheap instead of putting a price on it, no confirm box there sucks.

sh1fty

Willing to bet they do it accidentally, since I do it all the damn time. Those stupid buy orders go to the top so I sell it for stupid cheap instead of putting a price on it, no confirm box there sucks.

Yeah that could be the case. I do remember accidentally selling a guy for 1 stub when I clicked one too many times trying to create a Sell Order.

Rommel

Yeah that could be the case. I do remember accidentally selling a guy for 1 stub when I clicked one too many times trying to create a Sell Order.

After doing things like this a few times I do most my market trading on my computer. Faster and easier to avoid errors. Only thing I don't like is you don't get the overlay showing the cards you are missing with the ones you own. They only have all or owned on the web.

sh1fty

After doing things like this a few times I do most my market trading on my computer. Faster and easier to avoid errors. Only thing I don't like is you don't get the overlay showing the cards you are missing with the ones you own. They only have all or owned on the web.

Wow. I had no idea you could control this stuff over at Show Nation. This just made my work days much less productive...

Does anyone play the Vita version?

Does the pitch info disappear after the first batter?

I can't see any pitch info beyond the first batter. Even when the option in Gameplay Options is checked.

Yeah, this happens to me on Vita and PlayStation TV unfortunately. All I want to do is remote play the PS4 version but without the ability to hardwire the PSTV, it's just not responsive enough for me to be able to hit well.

Top Bottom