• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

I have 3 silver pitchers but only 1 silver position player. All these bronze guys are killing me.

One more pack. One more pack.

Couleurs

Should I also spend my points towards to fielding ( fielding and arm) for my rtts pitcher?

I wouldn't bother unless you've reached the point where you don't really have anything else to spend points on without having to save a bunch up. You'll still be able to throw to first just fine even with really low skills.

I think it was only mildly useful a few years ago when your coach gave training goals and would bench you if you failed too much, but that's not an issue anymore.

Let your infielders earn their pay checks

Fantomas

I wouldn't bother unless you've reached the point where you don't really have anything else to spend points on without having to save a bunch up. You'll still be able to throw to first just fine even with really low skills.

I think it was only mildly useful a few years ago when your coach gave training goals and would bench you if you failed too much, but that's not an issue anymore.

Let your infielders earn their pay checks

So glad they got rid of that stuff. It was not fun to be told exactly what your guy needed to work on and how many hits he needed to not get sent down to AAA every few weeks.

sh1fty

I completed the Arizona Diamondbacks collection last night and unlocked Steve Finley OF 85 overall.

Slotted him into CF and benched Bryce Harper.

Definitely having some fun with Steve Finley, Joe Carter and Jose Bautista hitting 2-3-4 for me.

Holy cow, the crowds in this year's version of the Vita version look like PS1 era garbage. I don't think they were this bad in last year's game on the Vita.

theWB27

I've noticed in RTTS that my player just can't get above a certain hitting percentage (28%) without going into a little slump and then rising back to that level. Those contact points get mad expensive once you get around 80.

EDIT- Also...waaaay too many broken bats. I'm getting multiple broken in one game and it occurs almost every other.

I've noticed in RTTS that my player just can't get above a certain hitting percentage (28%) without going into a little slump and then rising back to that level. Those contact points get mad expensive once you get around 80.

You're hitting .280? Slumping every so often?

That's fine. Better than my RTTS player who is hovering around .260.

What difficulty you guys hitting on?

My RTTS player went from .260 in AA to .398 in MLB in just 2 seasons.

Only on veteran...I should bump it up

EDIT- Also...waaaay too many broken bats. I'm getting multiple broken in one game and it occurs almost every other.

too many broken bats, too many hits down the middle that hit the pitcher, and too many shitty fielding plays where my guys are stupidly slow

theWB27

You're hitting .280? Slumping every so often?

That's fine. Better than my RTTS player who is hovering around .260.

It's not impressive...im hitting on rookie. I'm not a Show newb either.

too many broken bats, too many hits down the middle that hit the pitcher, and too many shitty fielding plays where my guys are stupidly slow

Yep. I've grown to know the pitcher being hit is just another way for them to curb percentages. I just hate the pitcher still has no reaction to being hit in the shin with a damn baseball.

eznark

Banned

lol last year they actually put out a patch specifically to reduce broken bats. Glad they learn!

sh1fty

I've noticed the fielding slowness... sometimes my catcher takes like 2 full seconds to realize a ball has been bunted 3 feet infront of him.

I've noticed the fielding slowness... sometimes my catcher takes like 2 full seconds to realize a ball has been bunted 3 feet infront of him.

I wonder if the fielding is reaction stat based. No find hits down the lines can catch some fielders off guard with the ball skipping right over a glove. They look like errors but get called a base hit.

Navy Bean

How do you acquire enough Stubs to buy packs (without shelling out cash)? Seems to take forever playing games to get enough for even 1 pack. I seem to average about 250 stubs per game. Am I missing something?

PreFire

I've been using directional hitting instead of zone. I hate having to track the ball with the PCI, it's not realistic. As a person who plays baseball, I can tell you hitters don't aim the bat or think "ok high ball, swing high".

Hitters react. They have been hitting for so long it's just a reflex at this point. With zone hitting, I was missing too many pitches and the pitches were fooling me. Not only do you have to move the PCI but you have to time the swing too.. Which also differs between power normal and contact. I guess it's cool if you like an unrealistic challenge, but ever since switching to directional I've had a better experience.

With directional, it's basically timing + skill of your batter + plus your reaction time. With directional your batter will automatically aim for the ball and get contact if timed correctly, and with the directional feature you can influence the ball to go to any part of the field. Be warned though, timing becomes crucial in higher difficulties. In hall of fame (difficulty I play) you can miss even good timed swings. Especially if you guess a location incorrectly.

My problem this year is outfielding in diamond dynasty. You don't know how many routine flies turn into inside the park homeruns. My player won't slow down near the white dot, and sometimes the dot is so small it's so hard to stop in it. I wish fielding was easier.. I've lost so many games due to errors

Oh fucking fabulous

They've got silver packs, super silver packs (100% higher chance of gold/diamond LOL) and some gold pack shit for like 3000, 5000, and 7500 now

How do you acquire enough Stubs to buy packs (without shelling out cash)? Seems to take forever playing games to get enough for even 1 pack. I seem to average about 250 stubs per game. Am I missing something?

Four Diamond Dynasty games at around 40-45 minutes each is about 180 minutes. So 3 hours per pack.

You can also do Community Challenges and wager some stubs.

theWB27

250...what mode are you playing? Cause in RTTS im getting no more than 50 a game.

250...what mode are you playing? Cause in RTTS im getting no more than 50 a game.

Full games are going to get you a lot more than RTTS. But RTTS is faster paced because you aren't playing an entire game.

Anyone know how to change the 2nd position for an RTTS player? I am stuck with catcher and the Cards keep putting me there. Games are taking too long now.

I've been using directional hitting instead of zone. I hate having to track the ball with the PCI, it's not realistic. As a person who plays baseball, I can tell you hitters don't aim the bat or think "ok high ball, swing high".

Hitters react. They have been hitting for so long it's just a reflex at this point. With zone hitting, I was missing too many pitches and the pitches were fooling me. Not only do you have to move the PCI but you have to time the swing too.. Which also differs between power normal and contact. I guess it's cool if you like an unrealistic challenge, but ever since switching to directional I've had a better experience.

With directional, it's basically timing + skill of your batter + plus your reaction time. With directional your batter will automatically aim for the ball and get contact if timed correctly, and with the directional feature you can influence the ball to go to any part of the field. Be warned though, timing becomes crucial in higher difficulties. In hall of fame (difficulty I play) you can miss even good timed swings. Especially if you guess a location incorrectly.

My problem this year is outfielding in diamond dynasty. You don't know how many routine flies turn into inside the park homeruns. My player won't slow down near the white dot, and sometimes the dot is so small it's so hard to stop in it. I wish fielding was easier.. I've lost so many games due to errors

Directional has been great. I haven't felt cheated once. Even on Hall of Fame.

Really just comes down to using the marketplace. We tend to get a few packs and hope for the best. Usually we get enough cards to flip and make up for what was just spent on the packs. Really just comes down to randomness of packs and hoping for some quality cards that you don't want/need to sell for a profit.

Navy Bean

Really just comes down to using the marketplace. We tend to get a few packs and hope for the best. Usually we get enough cards to flip and make up for what was just spent on the packs. Really just comes down to randomness of packs and hoping for some quality cards that you don't want/need to sell for a profit.

I get the sense that you really need to invest about $10 (for 12 packs) to get started and then you can use the market to go from there...

I like the mode, but getting paired up against a team of all-stars and legends online isn't all that fun when my best player is Matt Fricken Carpenter lol.

PreFire

Lol I love the knuckleball this year

Extremely unpredictable and hard as fuck to hit

Dickey is the sp for the team I'm playing in dd

He's sick with it lol

alterno69

Banned
I finally cut my 0-7 streak in DD, came from behind 1-2 to win it in the bottom of the 9th, it was fucking awesome, my heart was racing.

My record is now an impressive 3-7 lol, got Pujols as a reward after the game too and my created player is now a gold player, i really need better starting pitchers.

Bacon

Lol I love the knuckleball this year

Extremely unpredictable and hard as fuck to hit

Dickey is the sp for the team I'm playing in dd

He's sick with it lol

When you play against cpu Dickey it ain't so bad because he never throws balls for whatever reason so you can just swing at everything

v1lla21

Oh fucking fabulous

They've got silver packs, super silver packs (100% higher chance of gold/diamond LOL) and some gold pack shit for like 3000, 5000, and 7500 now
No, that's my fucking weakness!!! This was the reason I spent so much in FIFA 15. Fuck lol.

alterno69

Banned
So kind of a general question, is this game worth picking up? Played last years version and enjoyed it
The finally functioning online is more than worth it this year, i've played more games in a couple of weeks than i did in 2013 alone. Diamond Dinasty is really fun. I'm even starting a league with a group of friends.

Surge

I have a stupid question..for the "Oh it's perfect" trophy, do I have to just get really lucky opening packs to get a diamond item?

Sephzilla

I've been enjoying it a lot. The load time improvement alone makes it worth it to me but the gameplay feels pretty similar.

The finally functioning online is more than worth it this year, i've played more games in a couple of weeks than i did in 2013 alone. Diamond Dinasty is really fun. I'm even starting a league with a group of friends.

guess i'm dropping 60 bucks tonight

ElNino

I have a stupid question..for the "Oh it's perfect" trophy, do I have to just get really lucky opening packs to get a diamond item?
I noticed I got that trophy when opening the packs I got with the pre-order, but I'm not sure what diamond card I got. I didn't notice getting any diamond players, but I guess maybe I got equipment? This is my first year playing the console versions of MLB (only played Vita version before) so the whole DD mode is new to me.

Sephzilla

I've been enjoying it a lot. The load time improvement alone makes it worth it to me but the gameplay feels pretty similar.

guess i'm dropping 60 bucks tonight

Something's off with this Gamespot contest...

SvpAZXE.png

Top Bottom