• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

I don't think anything other than the themes are available yet for digital purchasers. I have a notice saying my stubs and packs will be available later tonight.

Two questions:

1) How do you take a lead off without the CPU trying to pick you off every time? Gets annoying. I haven't stolen a bar yet.

2) How can I add a fourth pitch to my RTTS pitcher? I need a damn breaking ball to go with my fastball, changeup, and sinker.

kasane

I don't think anything other than the themes are available yet for digital purchasers. I have a notice saying my stubs and packs will be available later tonight.

Two questions:

1) How do you take a lead off without the CPU trying to pick you off every time? Gets annoying. I haven't stolen a bar yet.

2) How can I add a fourth pitch to my RTTS pitcher? I need a damn breaking ball to go with my fastball, changeup, and sinker.

Iirc it was square

Costs 300 in 14

And no you dont even need any sort off breaking ball early.

I suggest maxing out fastball velocity and the brek of your sinker

Sun Drugs

I just got the game and have a question. I searched the thread but could not find anything. In previous versions, if you press Select during gameplay (on the PS3) there would be a menu that comes up, along with batter and pitcher analysis.

This is my first time playing MLB on the PS4, did they change this? I can get to the Analyses through the Options button but that is so inconvenient.

EDIT: D'oh, I see that pressing Left or Right on the D-Pad bring up the screen I was looking for. The Analyses are still through the Options, apparently

alterno69

Banned
Just created my team in diamond dinasty and player an online game, prettt smooth, nice.

But, i couldn't see the other team logo, is that normal? If so that sucks.

Dunbar

I must be doing something wrong, because I'm in the tutorial game and I literally cannot throw a strike. I can position the ball dead center in the strike zone and throw a pitch with 100% accuracy, and the ball ends up in the dirt or a foot off the plate. Is there a setting I need to change or something obvious I'm missing?

U2NUMB

So... how do I continue my save from last years game? I played on the PS3, Vita and PS4... trying to continue in the new game via my Vita and it says no save is there and nothing in the cloud.

Any tips?

zychi

Banned
Played a bit on my buddy's copy. Still shitty load times in their version of Ultimate Team, shitty design too. Having to manually go through each individual team, and wait for each team to load is terrible design. Played a game of Diamond Dynasty, threw a 1 hitter, game didn't save my stats. Games load up pretty quickly for Road to the Show tho. I may pick this up down the line if they fix some of my issues.

Is the only thing coming from last years the sliders and Road to the show? I can't find a way to forward my profile from last year, I'm back down to level 2 XP.

Man, framerate goes sub-30 kind of a lot and there's some pretty aggressive pixel crawl in my home stadium. I don't even blame the devs so much as these consoles are just not living up to the hype. Wake me up in four or five years, I guess. Pretty great game in the proverbial sense of "The Show is a great franchise" but I'm asleep over here.

7/10

zulux21

so coming from 2012 ps3 and 2013 vita, there are a few things that are nice in 2015 ps4. First off it's nice to see the crowd so much more detailed and not just a bunch of copies, a lot less distracting on the basepaths when you don't see the same 10 people all doing the same thing as the same time.

it's also nice that for road to the show that running opportunities set to lead allows you to be on first with someone on third and give you a chance to steal.

the load times are also a lot better.

I will say though the music selection is pathetic. PS4 needs to get custom soundtrack support already.

Josh5890

What camera are you guys using for RTTS fielding. I haven't played The Show since 2010 and I look like a moron in the outfield.

Also I got drafted in the 3rd round by the Nationals

so coming from 2012 ps3 and 2013 vita, there are a few things that are nice in 2015 ps4. First off it's nice to see the crowd so much more detailed and not just a bunch of copies, a lot less distracting on the basepaths when you don't see the same 10 people all doing the same thing as the same time.

it's also nice that for road to the show that running opportunities set to lead allows you to be on first with someone on third and give you a chance to steal.

the load times are also a lot better.

I will say though the music selection is pathetic. PS4 needs to get custom soundtrack support already.

It feels like the amount of tracks gets smaller every year. I could deal with lack of custom music if there was more given to us to work with (even though I miss choosing my own walkup songs)

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
How the fuck do you play with a friend and not have quick counts enabled. It's locked as well as stat tracking and I cannot figure it out.

Haven't played since 2012 and I have to say... I LOVE that this doesn't crash every third game on the Vita. Early in my RTTS career but I was drafted in the second and have pretty good potential! Any advice or tips? :-D

Haven't played since 2012 and I have to say... I LOVE that this doesn't crash every third game on the Vita. Early in my RTTS career but I was drafted in the second and have pretty good potential! Any advice or tips? :-D

Pump into power and contact so you can hit more than singles

Beboh13

Banned
Anyone know how to turn off the "pitch types" R2 button prompt when batting? The constant flashing is getting annoying.

demolitio

Two questions:

Did you check under the shop for your stubs and gear? It's all under one code so if you got the theme, you should have the stubs but you have to go to where you'd buy the stubs and find the digital items there (I had one pack for the anniversary edition that said "use" and then the 12,000 stub pack said "use" compared to the other packs that implied you had to buy them). Definitely not very well done but I'm just assuming it's the same for the digital version as it was for the physical copy since the themes and everything else were unlocked with the one single code.

Also, fuck all you lucky people getting good cards in these packs. I had 15 packs to open and got one Carlos Gomez 91 and that's practically it.

I'd pay a shitload to get the Klubot though. For all of you non-believers, that's Corey Kluber...

zulux21

I was drafted second round pick 7, though my estimate was early first round. I wanted to make sure I was on the white sox though.

perhaps with a second character I will go into the draft proper and then work my way into being traded to the white sox :p

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Played two games online with my buddy. No disconnects and I thought it ran okay, especially during the second game. My friend was having some slight delays with the batting and pitching but mine seemed to be perfectly on point. I did see some weird glitched out shit in the first game, and it seems to control a little bit clunky online as far as playing the outfield.

Biggest complaint is it appears we have no other choice but to use this fast play shit? I don't want a fixed/randomized pitch count and the option to change it is locked for some reason. Anyone know what the deal with this is?

jacobs34

I'm really feeling stupid, but can someone point me to where I can stretch the image to the corners of my screen so the game is not running in letterbox?

Did you check under the shop for your stubs and gear? It's all under one code so if you got the theme, you should have the stubs but you have to go to where you'd buy the stubs and find the digital items there (I had one pack for the anniversary edition that said "use" and then the 12,000 stub pack said "use" compared to the other packs that implied you had to buy them). Definitely not very well done but I'm just assuming it's the same for the digital version as it was for the physical copy since the themes and everything else were unlocked with the one single code.

Also, fuck all you lucky people getting good cards in these packs. I had 15 packs to open and got one Carlos Gomez 91 and that's practically it.

Thanks, worked like a charm. I also got garbage cards, haha. Betances was my best pull...nothing like a closer bring your highest rated player.

v1lla21

Seen a dude with puig and hosmer . Dafuq. I ended up beating him 2-1 though. I then went on to lose my second game due to the glitch where different things happen on each other's screens.

kcxiv

Omfg, it's 6:30 and ups still ain't here.

Finally hurr.I love the steelbook.

:( mine got lost in the shuffle somewhere and im not getting it til later today (wed). it sucks. If i had knownt his, i would have just hit up best buy.

Oh well, ill be playing later today.

PreFire

I love thatthey added the ability to challenge calls. I just challenged an out at first base, and lost. But still very happy they finally added it

Disappointed the new timer isn't In but fuck it. Game was probably too late in development to add it

I'm really feeling stupid, but can someone point me to where I can stretch the image to the corners of my screen so the game is not running in letterbox?

There should be something somehwere in the MLB 15 options menu to allow you to adjust display area. There have always been something in the options that let you do that in the previous iterations. check for it.

Make sure your tv is calibrated properly. Set your tv's display/aspect ratio to something like just scan, pixel by pixel, one to one, fit image, justFit, or something like that. You get the idea.

16:9 IS NOT what you want for most hdtv's in regards to gaming. You'll get overscan this way. Overscan is bad, google it to learn about it.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
Anyone else do the pre-order thru psn and not hear anything about their skinit cover yet? Any word on it? I've googled a ton and can't find an answer.

Lrrr

Go into the PS4 > Settings > Sound and Display and adjust your screen size. Don't do this while the game is running or it won't take effect. Either close it down and restart, or adjust prior to starting.

Saganator

I love The Show, been playing since '11, but man do I suck at hitting. If I knock it down to Rookie, it's too easy and my RTTS guy is a hitting god, but if I move it to Pro, then I hit nothing buy foul balls, weak grounders, and strike outs.

How do people like the vita? Mine arrived but didn't have time to download it yet.
I love The Show, been playing since '11, but man do I suck at hitting. If I knock it down to Rookie, it's too easy and my RTTS guy is a hitting god, but if I move it to Pro, then I hit nothing buy foul balls, weak grounders, and strike outs.
I know that feel. I win by ten or have two base hits for the whole game.

Top Bottom