• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodgers are about to be 1-5 in extra innings. A combination of this shit bullpen and shit offense can't win games in extra innings. The starting pitching has been fine for the most part.

harSon

Banned
What I just discovered makes me want to light my crotch on fire.

If we would have just spent a little fucking money in the off season, and kept Marlon Byrd and Justin Morneau, we probably would be in a LOT better position at the moment.

Marlon Byrd is batting .270 with 2 HRs and 16 RBI, which ain't nothing to write home about, but still infinitely better than anything Tabata or Snider are doing at RF. And Morneau, in Ludwick like fashion, is batting .349 with 5 HRs and 18 RBIs.

In other news, Pirates fans begged the organization to pursue Jose Abreu in the off season, which totally makes fucking sense considering 1B is our biggest need and we don't exactly have anyone coming out of the minors anytime soon that can fill the void, but naw, we're cheap motherfucker and had to come into the season with a lesser payroll than we ended with last season in a year we're supposedly trying to contend.

And of course we let AJ Burnett walk for pennies on the dollar, and he's pretty much doing better than the majority of our rotation at this point. Why did we let him go for little? Beats me, it's not like we fucking had plans to spend the money elsewhere.

I hate everything.

Join the club :(

oh-no-we-suck-again-o.gif

Why would nyone on the DBacks roster publicly defend Kevin Towers? Brah is an idiot and dilluted that teams talent. He has lost pretty much all of his trades.

zulux21

In other news, Pirates fans begged the organization to pursue Jose Abreu in the off season, which totally makes fucking sense considering 1B is our biggest need and we don't exactly have anyone coming out of the minors anytime soon that can fill the void, but naw, we're cheap motherfucker and had to come into the season with a lesser payroll than we ended with last season in a year we're supposedly trying to contend.

To be fair the white sox paid a good amount of money for him and he wasn't guaranteed to succeed. Heck even though he has had a pretty good april (I would like to see the average higher and he still needs some work on defense) it's still no guarantee he will even get close to working off the 10+mil a year he is getting paid by the white sox.

Also the white sox were quite weak at first base as well... most of our top prospects are middle infielders (though the sox do have a few good ones... and it seems like the team is shifting to speed which will be a blast)

I just turned on the Jays game. How do you walk 8 people in 2.2 innings? Is he being insanely wild -- like, Ankiel-style -- or has he just been getting squeezed by the ump?

zroid

Banned
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

edit: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom