• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

hmmm predictions....
first off I think the white sox are doing to do better than most people are giving them credit (right around .500) but that of course means they will miss the playoffs... this year (with konerko and dunn off the team next year, and the new talent given a year to grow they could be quite competitive next year)

AL - red sox, Wild card - rays
Tigers
Angels, wild card - oakland

NL Braves Wild card Nats
cards wc reds
dodgers.

and I will go with a world series of reds vs angels with the angels taking it all.

zulux21

Braves are whining. The season can now begin.

personally I would want my team to be front loaded with away games... that way when it's time for the playoff race there is a higher chance to clinch at home (which is always far far sweeter)

I suppose it is nice to have the first game at home... but really it's not that big of a deal.

BFIB

Blackouts.

MLB is so far ahead when it comes to their network, but those blackout rules are fucking ridiculous. Tried to load up Dodgers/Padres last night so I could watch the game on my iPad while watching Walking Dead...nope. Blackout restricted due to ESPN.

Max Scherzer bobblehead... a thing of nightmares.

BkDWmm9CEAARiAI.jpg

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I've got audio ready for At Bat, I'm excited for the season to start even though the Twins are going to stink. At least they have a winnable series to kick off the season, they play something like 75% of their first 30 games against teams who had .500 records or better last year.

Only prediction I'll make is the only one that matters: Twins will finish higher in the standings than the White Sox.

Sanjuro

hola better internet extension.

or unblock-us if you want to use it on your big screen

all of the sports streams have blackouts fyi

Doesn't make it any better.

I prefer not to use workarounds. If I'm paying for the service, I would like to be able to access it from anywhere on almost any device.

aFIGurANT

Cards lineup:

Carp 3B
Wong 2B
Holliday LF
Craig RF
Adams 1B
Molina C
Peralta SS
Bourjous CF
Waino P

Damn.....that's a good looking lineup!

Reds lineup:

Hamilton cf
Phillips 2b
Votto 1b
Bruce rf
Ludwick lf
Frazier 3b
Cozart ss
Pena c
Cueto p

Matheny needs to switch Carp to the 2 hole if he keeps hitting doubles at the same clip as last season. Let Bourjos or Wong score all day every day when they're at first.

Also,Scott Boras likens Bryce Harper to high-class tea:
I have the pleasure and privilege of watching Mike Trout play every night,” Boras said. “I think he’s a very special cup of tea, for which he is deserving of a completely different brew. While few, I definitely consider Bryce Harper as part of the next generation of elite brand of teas. Certainly as a studied connoisseur, I may hold a differing opinion as to the availability, demand and value of tea futures

zychi

Banned
Doesn't make it any better.

I prefer not to use workarounds. If I'm paying for the service, I would like to be able to access it from anywhere on almost any device.

you can pay for a satellite subscription then.

i pay for basic cable+internett ($45/month because of a deal in my building). so i have no issue paying for these services because my pc is connected to my hdtv. i benefit from my cubs being on wgn still, i basically use mlbtv to watch the red sox from chicago and keep up on my fantasy team.

Sanjuro

you can pay for a satellite subscription then.

i pay for basic cable+internett ($45/month because of a deal in my building). so i have no issue paying for these services because my pc is connected to my hdtv. i benefit from my cubs being on wgn still, i basically use mlbtv to watch the red sox from chicago and keep up on my fantasy team.

I don't have satellite though. I'm not sure that would give me anywhere close to the features that MLB.tv would offer either. At home, I just watch from my cable service.

Basically, want MLB to review their blackout policy and work towards a solution at some point down the road.

droopy

Does anyone remember the price cutting schedule for mlb.tv?
I know it gets real cheap after the AS break but is there usually anything in the first month or two?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I don't have satellite though. I'm not sure that would give me anywhere close to the features that MLB.tv would offer either. At home, I just watch from my cable service.

Basically, want MLB to review their blackout policy and work towards a solution at some point down the road.
good news, mlb did say they would review the blackouts. Bad news that was like 5 yrs ago.

zychi

Banned
Does anyone remember the price cutting schedule for mlb.tv?
I know it gets real cheap after the AS break but is there usually anything in the first month or two?

some father's days they've cut it in half. i don't remember if they did it last year tho. the best is to get a few buddies together and split it.

zulux21

I can't believe I just watched hunter drop that ball....
hopefully KC can score some runs from that very sad error.

edit: nope :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom