• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT| This Year, We Put Some Mustard on It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

What the fuck was that, Valverde?

Why can't you lowly pieces of shit ever make this simple? Why do you so consistently need to make games you should have in the bag into such dramatic moments? Fuck you.

CheezyMac88

giphy.gif

Syrinx

*goes into bottom of the ninth up 4-0*
*gets tying run on flyout to CF warning track to end game*

Why must you always make this so difficult Mets?

A win is a win, but jeez.

Syrinx

I'm seriously trying to temper my excitement for Noah Syndergaard since it may as well be guaranteed he'll need TJ surgery at some point.

I'm seriously trying to temper my excitement for Noah Syndergaard since it may as well be guaranteed he'll need TJ surgery at some point.

The most amazing part about modern baseball is just how minor a deal TJ surgery has become. Guys come back so much faster, and it doesn't seem to hurt pitchers careers anymore. I mean, it's to the point where most pitchers get it, some even while they're in HS or college.

cashman

Banned
The most amazing part about modern baseball is just how minor a deal TJ surgery has become. Guys come back so much faster, and it doesn't seem to hurt pitchers careers anymore. I mean, it's to the point where most pitchers get it, some even while they're in HS or college.

They still lose a year from it, but yeah not as career derailing as it once was.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I really hate to admit this but the Reds are awful. It's painful to watch them play.

UraMallas

FUCK YEAAAAAH! Hart, you sexy motherfucker.

Hurray Smoak. Too bad hopeless Corey Hart is up now.

Just quoting for later.

Parch

That's assuming it's an elbow problem.
The one thing I learned following minor league ball is that pitching is a meat market. The amount of pitching careers that end at the minor league level because of injuries is staggering.

Syrinx

That's assuming it's an elbow problem.
The one thing I learned following minor league ball is that pitching is a meat market. The amount of pitching careers that end at the minor league level because of injuries is staggering.

He was talking about TJ in particular, which is an elbow deal, but yeah. Shoulder injuries especially are often a kiss of death for pitchers.

Absolutely bizarre decision to overturn that call. The original call looked right.

And if you are going to overturn it, how do you not place him on third?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom