• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

You know, I have mad respect for Manny Ramirez continuing to play in the minors knowing there is zero chance he'll get called up. A lot of the old timers used to do that after they couldn't play at the MLB level anymore and no one does that anymore. Very cool to see Manny doing it. They should call him up in September anyways.

Malvingt2

simmonss.0.gif

Askani

That was inexcusable. All Chen's shit from his locker should be in a box and waiting for him at the gate. 1 or 2...okay, stuff happens. 6? GTFO.

Dilson Herrera has been called up by the Mets. Murphy and Vic Black to the DL. Im excited to see Herrera dude has killed it in the minors.

Enron

Banned
Montero goes after Mariners' scout for sending him an ice cream sandwich in the dugout

According to MiLB.com, Montero was coaching first base when the scout yelled at him to hustle off the field at the conclusion of the inning. A game official said the scout then ordered an ice cream sandwich and had it sent to Montero in the dugout.

Montero -- who made news for reporting to spring training 40 pounds overweight this season -- did not appreciate the gesture. He approached the stands with a baseball bat, screaming profanities, and threw the ice cream sandwich at the scout. Montero had to be restrained by the team's pitching coach, according to the game's official scorer.

Chris R

If the Mariners don't sweep or at least win 2 against the Nats I think were done for the year.

Can't win against Texas, going to struggle against the A's and might even have issues in Toronto :(

Askani

Well, fuck off Chen. And Guthrie, you're on thin ice too.

That was inexcusable. All Chen's shit from his locker should be in a box and waiting for him at the gate. 1 or 2...okay, stuff happens. 6? GTFO.

DFA'd...right on que. lol

Royals Review ‏@royalsreview 11m
Bruce Chen designated for assignment. Louis Coleman is recalled to take his place on the roster http://sbnation.com/e/5848548

I shouldn't hate on him so much. he's been around with us a while and has done some good things...but goddamn he pissed me off last night.

jakncoke

Banned
lol Pirates taking advantage of some rule. Sent Cole to Bristol and Brought up Lambo, he can come back whenever because Bristol season concludes tonight

Edit: man i swear every start edison nearly hits a dude in the head.

jakncoke

Banned
Pirates going to hit 2 million attendance on the year tonight. 6th time ever we hit that, our per game attendance average is 2nd best ever only bested by the opening year of PNC

Top Bottom