• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

Jays-GAF: Daniel Norris making his major league debut against David Ortiz!

Also, what happened to Melky? I just saw he left with an injury -- was it serious?

EDIT: And Norris strikes out Ortiz with a knee-buckling curve!

Askani

Whew...tough win. Talk about grinding one out, goddamn. Shields was putting in the hard work.

Saved Holland for another day too. Didn't understand the Wade Davis call but it worked out.

JDeluis

Never ends....just not our year... :/

EUmQQjm.jpg

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I am deathly afraid that by 2016 the Reds are going to take the Cubs place as the basement dwelling embarrassments of the NL Central. I need a Xanax and a stiff drink.

Haha love that baserunning by Stroman

LOL Craig thought that was the 3rd out hahaha

I feel kind of bad for Craig. Not a lot, but it must suck to be so terrible, and then have such a lousy mental lapse.

Also, Stroman should never be allowed to slide anywhere ever.

And it sucks that Melky is done for the year. Maybe it helps the Jays re-sign him, though?

Choomp

Banned
Good to see the Mets and their callups have a decent night at the plate. I still have no clue of what to think of Herrera, guys got hands of stone but he can hit. If they really want to compete the Mets need some more consistent hitters, Wright's been trash pretty much up until tonight, the only truly solid player has been Duda, given Murphy is bad in the field and horrible on the bases, still hard not to be excited about the pitching.

I feel kind of bad for Craig. Not a lot, but it must suck to be so terrible, and then have such a lousy mental lapse.

Also, Stroman should never be allowed to slide anywhere ever.

And it sucks that Melky is done for the year. Maybe it helps the Jays re-sign him, though?

Yea, never want to see pitchers slide but he is young and seems pretty athletic

Best slide by a pitcher EVER

bloody+chin+1.jpg

Parch

Ouch. That one hurts. Friggin Jannsen has been struggling.
Stupid Red Sox. You're just supposed to roll over and die.

Hopefully that's the last time we ever have to watch Janssen in a Jays uniform. The only reason to bring him in now would be early in a blowout loss, when you don't want to risk injuring any halfway decent pitchers.

Carlos Zambrano is retiring.
Man he was so good for the Cubs for a long stretch. Shame it ended like it did, but it seems he's on a lot better terms with the team now.

That Jays lost was just painful to watch.

Horribly painful.

I missed what happened to Melky. He's out for the year now?

Well, fuck. We had a decent run.

Broke his pinky and tore the muscle in his hand sliding back into first on a pickoff attempt. Maybe it'll depress his FA value enough that the Jays will be able to afford him, but I doubt it.

Top Bottom