• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

eznark

Banned
cry.gif
sick.gif
cry.gif
C69EFF7B1B8D5435857A21A8C9ABC8FD771DDD88
cry.gif

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Mets fired me for being pregnant and unwed: exec

It’s another beanball for the hapless Mets.

A former high-ranking franchise executive claims she was canned by the team because co-owner Jeff Wilpon, son of principal owner Jeff, objected to her becoming pregnant out of wedlock, according to a stunning Brooklyn federal court lawsuit filed Wednesday.

Penn grad and former soccer player Leigh Castergine said Wilpon and the Mets dumped her from her powerful position as head of marketing and ticket sales last month because the bumbling owner was “morally opposed” to her out-of-wedlock pregnancy.

“He frequently humiliated Castergine in front of others by, among other things, pretending to see if she had an engagement ring on her finger and openly stating in a meeting of the Team’s all-male senior executives that he is ‘morally opposed’ to Castergine ‘having this baby without being married,'” the suit states.

“Wilpon told her that, when she gets a ring, she will make more money and get a bigger bonus,” the suit states.

Wilpon told Castergine that “something had changed” in Castergine after the birth of her child — “with still no ring on her finger,” the suit states. “Wilpon told her that she was no longer as ‘aggressive” as she used to be.”

When the first female senior vice president in the team’s 52-year history complained about Wilpon’s behavior to the team’s human resources department, she was abruptly terminated, according to the suit.

One can only hope this will force the Wilpons to sell the team.

jakncoke

Banned
Lets start it out fast off of Jerome hitting us twice to start the game

Could of been way worse for Jerome. We suck at capitalizing on bad innings.

Holy shit. dead.

Some 250ish lb dude wearing a red shirt saying something about knowing how to meet the ladies. one the root announcers is like he claims this.. uhh i dont think so

RGVNOE

I know he didn't like some of those calls, but Lackey didn't even say anything to him, I don't see the need for an ejection there

It's amazing to see the Jays manhandle a team like this, even if it is just the Cubs. Pillar and Gose being productive members of the lineup, Hutch and Stroman being lights out...it's enough to make you think the team has some sort of future.

Then again, it's September, they're out of it, and the team they're against is all minor leaguers, so...meh.

Tough stretch for the Cubs. It sucks when your two all stars are out for the season :(.
May 1st and signing Lester is what has me hyped for next year though.

aFIGurANT

Watching Chapman decimate Ellis, Bourjos, and Pham is more brutal than anything I've seen yet in the world of football. The STL broadcast said he's in line to be the first MLB player to ever average 100 MPH on the fastball for an entire season. Also his K/IP is near 2. sweet lord.

Tough stretch for the Cubs. It sucks when your two all stars are out for the season :(.
May 1st and signing Lester is what has me hyped for next year though.

I'd be a little concerned about Soler. His swing seems a little long. He's obviously got power, but if he can't shorten his swing a little, he's not going to have much chance to showcase it.

Still, it'll be interesting to see where the Cubs are in three years.

The home run Bryce Harper hit off Craig Kimbrel today was the first home run Kimbrel has ever given up at the MLB level off his breaking ball.

JDeluis

Puig mind seems to be somewhere. Narcos probably asking for more money. That and his mother having eye surgery as Vin mentioned.

I'd be a little concerned about Soler. His swing seems a little long. He's obviously got power, but if he can't shorten his swing a little, he's not going to have much chance to showcase it.

Still, it'll be interesting to see where the Cubs are in three years.

Yeah not too worried tbh. Rizzo's swing was awful when he came up too.

Askani

Hot damn, the Royals salvaged the last game. Taking at least one of the three was huge. A sweep would have been devastating.

Doyers winning!!
And dodgers alum Mikey's team still kicking butt :(

The Machine locked up Comeback Player of the Year. Kersh getting close to that MVP

Top Bottom