• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

Daww I should have gone to the game tonight lol

Was a good game. Slow start but obviously it was in the 7th when it picked up.

And here's my pick-up from the game:
AFAC59DC-24D4-4115-A0A5-42BE85B29F70_zpscrxy0bha.jpg

Yes I got it signed and yes I'm still on Bart heading home to the East Bay.

Is there anything that going to derail your hype train or are you full on board you're winning WS after WS starting latest 2016 or 2017
Pretty much. If we can sign one of Lester,Shields, or Scherzer this FA and then bring Price or Samardzija next FA plus bringing up Bryant and Russell should put us in serious WS contention by 2017, hopefully earlier.

Wow. The Jays are 3.5 games behind. Damn at this false hope

I know they're not going to make it. Not when there are two teams between them and the second WC spot. Not when they're running a Melky-less line-up out there, and relying on Stroman/Dickey/Hutch to have sub-2.00 ERAs. Not when they're a super-streaky team that can go from being one of the best in baseball to one of the worst in the the space of a game.

And yet...

I know they're not going to make it. Not when there are two teams between them and the second WC spot. Not when they're running a Melky-less line-up out there, and relying on Stroman/Dickey/Hutch to have sub-2.00 ERAs. Not when they're a super-streaky team that can go from being one of the best in baseball to one of the worst in the the space of a game.

And yet...

I'm in.

Full hope.

Jays flying high.

I'm ready for full disappointment too.

Their last rest day of the season.

Parch

I'm in. Full hope. Jays flying high. I'm ready for full disappointment too.
I'm not going to let a sweep against the Cubs cause high hopes, but stranger things have happened in September. If anything it'll make the Jays interesting to watch for the rest of the season. They've got the Yankees, Mariners, and Orioles X2 down the stretch, so if they pull this off I'd call it a minor miracle.

jbug617

Banned
Guys guess what the Red Sox are going to spend a significant amount of money in the offseason.

Apparently rumors are heating up that Lester is going to end up with the Cubs.

jakncoke

Banned
I wonder how how much Russell Martin is going to get on the open market, seems like a foregone conclusion that he'll be gone.

edit; lol on espn the listed weather for the game between pirates/phillies is broken clouds

edit; lol martin nearly derped

Top Bottom