• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

HA! and people at work trying to tell me Yankees are still in it...

I am sooo glad I was wrong.

so Bud Selig would rather protect the west coast liberal (Posey) with his bullshit catcher rule but he doesn't want to do anything about the fucking stupid macho bullshit of hitting people and as result we have one of the game's best players seriously hurt (hopefully i'm wrong)

cashman

Banned
The Tampa Bay Rays have been eliminated winning the AL East

and

The Arizona Diamondbacks have been eliminated from the NL Wildcard and are officially out of the running for a playoff spot.

Every hbp is intentional.

why'd the other guy get hit? anyway moving on. catcher rule is still shit and it was only made to protect Posey.

The Tampa Bay Rays have been eliminated winning the AL East

and

The Arizona Diamondbacks have been eliminated from the NL Wildcard and are officially out of the running for a playoff spot.

I know Enigma, I posted with Enigma. you sir, are no Enigma.

eznark

Banned
Two in a row! We're back!

Get well soon Mike.

so Bud Selig would rather protect the west coast liberal (Posey) with his bullshit catcher rule but he doesn't want to do anything about the fucking stupid macho bullshit of hitting people and as result we have one of the game's best players seriously hurt (hopefully i'm wrong)

The only player hit intentionally was Carlos Gomez.

aFIGurANT

I know Enigma, I posted with Enigma. you sir, are no Enigma.

black-kid-oh-snap.gif

Too soon maybe.

jbug617

Banned
@JoeFrisaro: #Marlins Giancarlo Stanton suffered a facial laceration requiring stitches, multiple facial fractures and dental damage

aFIGurANT

@JoeFrisaro: #Marlins Giancarlo Stanton suffered a facial laceration requiring stitches, multiple facial fractures and dental damage

Yeah, my first thought after I saw that vine was that Stanton was going to be sporting a hockey smile for the rest of his life. The whole thing couldn't have happened to a more exciting player either is the sad part. This certainly was not the Marlins' season at all.

Yeah, my first thought after I saw that vine was that Stanton was going to be sporting a hockey smile for the rest of his life. The whole thing couldn't have happened to a more exciting player either is the sad part. This certainly was not the Marlins' season at all.

Chapman got it worse. That ball came at him harder than he threw it.

Just watched Stanton getting hit. Honestly, what was more disgusting was the whining by the Marlins commentators. Mike Fiers were clearly not trying to hit either Stanton or Johnson. Their macho bullshit was totally insufferable. "THE MARLINS HAVE TO DO THIS! YOU HIT ONE OF OUR BIG BOYS, AND THEY HAVE TO DO THIS!" No they don't, you dumbshit.

Two in a row! We're back!

Get well soon Mike.

The only player hit intentionally was Carlos Gomez.

Just watched Stanton getting hit. Honestly, what was more disgusting was the whining by the Marlins commentators. Mike Fiers were clearly not trying to hit either Stanton or Johnson. Their macho bullshit was totally insufferable. "THE MARLINS HAVE TO DO THIS! YOU HIT ONE OF OUR BIG BOYS, AND THEY HAVE TO DO THIS!" No they don't, you dumbshit.

you guys aren't listening. they'd rather continue to allow the hit by pitch bullshit (whether intentional or not) which happens far more than collisions at home plate in order to make it seem like Bud Selig cares about the players. in one night we had Jeter and Headley hit by balls and hurt pretty good (Jeter got lucky) Mike Trout hit twice and Stanton knocked out for the rest of the season!

I can't believe Trout didn't rush the mound after getting hit the second time.

Sucks for Stanton. I guess this locks up the NL MVP for Kershaw.

jakncoke

Banned
you guys aren't listening. they'd rather continue to allow the hit by pitch bullshit (whether intentional or not) which happens far more than collisions at home plate in order to make it seem like Bud Selig cares about the players. in one night we had Jeter and Headley hit by balls and hurt pretty good (Jeter got lucky) Mike Trout hit twice and Stanton knocked out for the rest of the season!

Everyone knows Bud true colors specially after he let that dick Kirk Gibson off after they hunted Andrews rib cage. Just another thing in long list of things that Bud shit at as a commish, his retirement cant come soon enough.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
the marlins announcers are always annoying. they take everything personally. probably because they are the only ones watching the game.

Fox318

But Stanton doesn't have a huge contract with the Giants.

Why should MLB care?

eznark

Banned
I think the fuck-awful Diamondbacks/Pirates macho retaliation bullshit is as bad as anyone (particularly since it's always Brewers getting beaned without even hitting anyone first!) and it's ludicrous how poor the discipline has been on those, but how exactly do you expect the commissioner's office to stop unintentional beanings? Eliminate the inside half of the plate? Enjoy your 15-10 5 hour baseball games.

Fox318

I think the fuck-awful Diamondbacks/Pirates macho retaliation bullshit is as bad as anyone (particularly since it's always Brewers getting beaned without even hitting anyone first!) and it's ludicrous how poor the discipline has been on those, but how exactly do you expect the commissioner's office to stop unintentional beanings? Eliminate the inside half of the plate? Enjoy your 15-10 5 hour baseball games.

Send em to Australia/

Shame Gibson into managing a tball team.

Make the Diamondbacks wear the Purple and teal uniforms again.

Reminds me of when Mike Matheny got hit in the mouth.

I mean they could make it so pitchers are allowed to use pine tar (although a lot already do, obviously) which might help with control, but yeah there's not a lot Selig could do

BFIB

Stanton probably weighing his options. Which was worse, getting hit in the face with a fastball, or playing for the Miami Marlins?

Chuck

Still without luck
He was so sanctimonious about it last year too. What is it with Orioles and being such vocal hypocrits about PEDs?

“I think it sucks that guys in our day and age have to answer for mistakes that guys have made in the past. But it is part of it,” said Davis, who has 33 home runs in his first 92 games for the Orioles this season. “That’s what happened when Major League Baseball started addressing the issue. We knew we were going to have to deal with it.”

So Davis is dealing with it. He’s been asked by some national media types. He’s been asked on Twitter. He was asked again Thursday to address performance-enhancing drugs, and he addressed it at length.

“I have never taken them. I have no reason to. I’ve always been a power hitter. With me, I think the biggest thing was the consistency of the contact,” said Davis, who also hit 33 homers last year in first true full season in the majors. “When I was making contact, I was always hitting for power. I’m a guy that likes to work out a lot. I’m a guy that used to eat whatever I wanted to, but I started getting into my mid-20s, I’ve been seeing that change. So I’ve been taking better care of my body. I have a pretty strict diet. But I’ve never taken [performance-enhancing drugs]. I haven’t felt the need to.”

Top Bottom