• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

Fox318

I'm at the point with PEDs where they should almost be forced to take it.

Bud already let the numbers get tainted.

All is lost. There is no such thing as real baseball players anymore.

Only a matter of time before McCLutchen and Trout get busted

All that shit he was talking about Maris being the real record holder.

PalmeiroCongress2.jpg

Parch

Just when Chris Davis was finally starting to play better just in time for the playoffs, he gets caught. Back on the juice, eh?

Tops off a disastrous year for fantasy owners who drafted this guy in the first round.

Fox318

All that shit he was talking about Maris being the real record holder.

I honestly believe people don't think of the damage if does to baseball.

I've spoken with so many people who used to be into baseball and nobody believes in anyone being authentic.

It just makes me sad.

I think the fuck-awful Diamondbacks/Pirates macho retaliation bullshit is as bad as anyone (particularly since it's always Brewers getting beaned without even hitting anyone first!) and it's ludicrous how poor the discipline has been on those, but how exactly do you expect the commissioner's office to stop unintentional beanings? Eliminate the inside half of the plate? Enjoy your 15-10 5 hour baseball games.

frankly high scoring games are more fun and gets more people in the park.

I honestly believe people don't think of the damage if does to baseball.

I've spoken with so many people who used to be into baseball and nobody believes in anyone being authentic.

It just makes me sad.

those same people don't give a damn that football players use PEDs as well so who cares? seriously? so what if a guy uses modern medicine to gain an edge. that's what modern sports are about, gain an edge over the other guy.

I'm at the point with PEDs where they should almost be forced to take it.

Bud already let the numbers get tainted.

All is lost. There is no such thing as real baseball players anymore.

Only a matter of time before McCLutchen and Trout get busted

Seriously, real baseball players don't wear gloves, but they will bet on games.

No, wait, real baseball players don't play against players of other races.

No, wait, real baseball players all take amphetamines.

Wait...When exactly did we ever have "real" baseball players? It seems like the only people obsessed with the purity of today's game are the ones who don't know much about its history.

Though I'd think the fact Davis was busted for amphetamines would make him a hero to people who love to complain about the past. Greenies were good enough for Mays, Mantle and Aaron, so they're good enough for today's players, too.

Sephzilla

I'll pop my head in here for a quick comment. I think how the Marlins reacted to the Stanton thing was kind of classless and hot headed.

Fox318

Seriously, real baseball players don't wear gloves, but they will bet on games.

No, wait, real baseball players don't play against players of other races.

No, wait, real baseball players all take amphetamines.

Wait...When exactly did we ever have "real" baseball players? It seems like the only people obsessed with the purity of today's game are the ones who don't know much about its history.

Though I'd think the fact Davis was busted for amphetamines would make him a hero to people who love to complain about the past. Greenies were good enough for Mays, Mantle and Aaron, so they're good enough for today's players, too.

The people I was talking too weren't even that old. They were young sports fans that have grown distant from the game. They weren't even the history freak type fan.

no. PEDs have been highly suspected as far back as 1987. this has been an ongoing battle for many decades now.

Didn't Tom House (former Rangers pitching coach) say he knew people were using back in the '70s? Anyone who thinks it was suddenly discovered in the '90s is delusional. Why would people in every other sport have been using, but not baseball?

The '90s home run explosion had way more factors than just "sluggers are using steroids!" (assuming steroids even did/do cause more power). It's no coincidence that the sudden power surge coincided with the sudden addition of four new teams -- especially since one of those teams was in a stadium that produced wildly inflated offensive numbers, and another one (Arizona) that's been known for its homer-friendly environment, too.

Didn't Tom House (former Rangers pitching coach) say he knew people were using back in the '70s? Anyone who thinks it was suddenly discovered in the '90s is delusional. Why would people in every other sport have been using, but not baseball?

The '90s home run explosion had way more factors than just "sluggers are using steroids!" (assuming steroids even did/do cause more power). It's no coincidence that the sudden power surge coincided with the sudden addition of four new teams -- especially since one of those teams was in a stadium that produced wildly inflated offensive numbers, and another one (Arizona) that's been known for its homer-friendly environment, too.

drugs of all types have always been present in American sports. it's just how things are done. anyone crying trying to appeal to some moral authority is just delusional. instead of banning it (ala the war on drugs) let's regulate it instead.

Top Bottom