• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014 Season |OT2| - Derek Jeter Appreciation Thread

There are already rumors that Braves are going to shitcan Frank Wren at the end of the season and name John Hart as the new GM. Hart was the driving force behind all the extensions that were signed in the offseason and is currently a "senior advisor for baseball operations". There's apparently been a lot of heat on Wren since the offseason for not re-signing Tim Hudson and the horrible B.J. Upton contract (which everyone knew was an overpay before he regressed so badly in 2013; the guy they wanted was Michael Bourn back and he ended up signing for much cheaper).

There are already rumors that Braves are going to shitcan Frank Wren at the end of the season and name John Hart as the new GM. Hart was the driving force behind all the extensions that were signed in the offseason and is currently a "senior advisor for baseball operations". There's apparently been a lot of heat on Wren since the offseason for not re-signing Tim Hudson and the horrible B.J. Upton contract (which everyone knew was an overpay before he regressed so badly in 2013; the guy they wanted was Michael Bourn back and he ended up signing for much cheaper).
And Bourne hasn't done shit in an Indians uniform.

cashman

Banned

lol John Hart. He never did shit as the Rangers GM

eznark

Banned

Fredi should get full control. He need to pull a Parcels power move here.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
so i should blame hart for the awful chris johnson extension?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Oh silly Lambtron may your Twins never bring you happiness, Vikebikes as well
The Twins will probably never bring me happiness, though I will be happy as hell to watch Miguel Sano when he's up!

I'm not a Vikings fan, though. Wolves, yes, unfortunately. But I am a Packers fan.

wow.. this kid frias is getting lit up

dodgers are going nowhere with this pitching

couldn't even get through 1 inning .. 8-0 .. fucking awful

The Dodgers announced their transition to the AAA OKC RedHawks today as well as the AA Tulsa Drillers.
Los Angeles Dodgers
‏@Dodgers
Dodger owners have purchased stake in the @okcredhawks and will move the Dodgers’ Triple-A affiliation to OKC in 2015.

Los Angeles Dodgers
‏@Dodgers
The Dodgers have announced their Double-A affiliation with the Tulsa Drillers of the Texas League for the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

JDeluis

So the Dodgers weaknesses are bases loaded and shitty last place teams. The Giants are the opposite.

Still have 4 games with the Cubs and that didn't go very well for the Dodgers last time. Ay Dios mío!

Edit: this is embarrassing. Can't we just forfeit. This bullpen is just awful. I miss Beckett.

harSon

Banned
Polanco <3

Edit: On a side note, there's no clear cut pitcher for us to start in the Wild Card game, should we make it. It's probably between Liriano and Cole, but both of them have been prone to a shit game or two, even within this stretch of good games.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Polanco <3

Edit: On a side note, there's no clear cut pitcher for us to start in the Wild Card game, should we make it. It's probably between Liriano and Cole, but both of them have been prone to a shit game or two, even within this stretch of good games.
You will need your best to beat Kershaw.

Today sucked. So here's a picture of Joc Pederson as Captain America.

BxxjC5pIQAQnEEy.jpg:large

jakncoke

Banned
Liriano with another 5 walk game.

I wonder how many homers the Clemente wall has robbed

Edit: Poor red sox foot and ball hit

They were talking about first to worst on air and mentioned the A's back in 1914 and I looked it up and wow, So they go from winning 3 ws, going to 4 in a 5 year span. 1914 being 99-53-6 to..

1915 43-109-2
1916 36-117-1
1917 55-98-1
1918 52-76-2
1919 36-104
1920 48-106-2
1921 53-100-2

Any one fill me in on why they went from so good to complete shit following?

Edit: what a play there

Top Bottom