• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

Wait, did the Yankees really just go from Joe West behind the plate last night to Angel Hernandez tonight?

Vwg2pO9.gif

3N16MA

Banned
He had a .338 career batting average over 20 seasons, with 434 career strikeouts in 10232 plate appearances. In what universe is he overrated?

For the very reason you stated. Too much emphasis on his BA and and a bit of an oversight on other aspects of his game.

He is good, really good but there are other players that have produced very good careers that are not looked upon as favourably.

Sanjuro

I remember some guy in Brooklyn at a sad Mets bar telling me a terrible story about his wife dying and his son not loving him anymore.

Then I said Ryan Howard was a pretty good baseball player, and he told me to go fuck myself.

Malo

Banned
I remember some guy in Brooklyn at a sad Mets bar telling me a terrible story about his wife dying and his son not loving him anymore.

Then I said Ryan Howard was a pretty good baseball player, and he told me to go fuck myself.
Lmao

JABEE

Achilles injuries can be career-changing. He was never the same after that.

And he had the Achilles injury for half the season. They gave him cortisone shots to get him into that Cardinals series. The cortisone shots increased the chances for it to rupture. Such a shame.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
For the very reason you stated. Too much emphasis on his BA and and a bit of an oversight on other aspects of his game.

He is good, really good but there are other players that have produced very good careers that are not looked upon as favourably.

He was a Gold Glover when he was thin, as well as a good threat to steal bases. He was never a liability in the field even when he was at his heaviest.

I think its less that he is overrated and more that you seem to be underrating how good it is to be almost immune to striking out, much less hitting .350 all the time. Dude finished the 1994 strike season at .394. THREE NINETY FOUR.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I assume the DH is the never-ending argument in here.

rrc1594

Man so happy that Yankees are doing well, couldn't deal with another one of my favs sucking after Knicks this basketball season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom