• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
do i really need to explain to you the problem with small sample sizes? kyle schwarber had a "career" .262/.373/.524 line going into this season. one terrible month later and his OPS drops 100+ points. so did he go from adam dunn to matt adams in one month? is that how you think this works? add in the circumstances (having played like 5 games over the previous 18 months) and your usage of this tiny amount of data gets even more silly.

Well, if you want a projection system that weights performance in the minors more heavily than performance in the majors, then you'll have to make it yourself. I'm just going off what the systems are saying about Schwarber, which is that he's an average, 2-win player (at least with the Cubs using him in the OF; likely more valuable as a 1B/DH) with 16% better than average offense and bad defense. That's basically what Adams has been.

Not every prospect has to end up a super star!

Choomp

Banned
Just traded Thames for Cueto and Teheran in my fantasy league. Bad? Needed pitching depth in a huge way. Tons of HR and K guys on my team already.

RBH

And Acuna hits a home run in his first AA plate appearance. Very, very good.

UuaFvjI.gif

why was Tommy Pham not in the majors before this week

wowwwwww Sierra!! is that a single + second taken on error? Ozuna didn't really do anything to warrant an error, besides, like, not paying attention

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
why was Tommy Pham not in the majors before this week

wowwwwww Sierra!! is that a single + second taken on error? Ozuna didn't really do anything to warrant an error, besides, like, not paying attention

He had additude problems which can certainly be toxic to a clubhouse (see: Colby Rasmus). He also lacked discipline and made one or two more errors than deemed acceptable.

Though I would like to see a speedy player again, it's been a while since we've seen a team chemistry similar to the 06 team.

He had additude problems which can certainly be toxic to a clubhouse (see: Colby Rasmus). He also lacked discipline and made one or two more errors than deemed acceptable.

Though I would like to see a speedy player again, it's been a while since we've seen a team chemistry similar to the 06 team.

Wait, Pham had attitude problems? I hadn't heard about that.

Grichuk almost gave us the lead, ugh. Hard to hate a ball crushed like he did

Marp is so fucking good. MLB should hire him to be an ump after he retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom