• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hats off Dodgers. Your rotation showed up as advertised. I can only assume Fernando Rodney was on drugs or flat out trying to lose tonight--otherwise dunno how a professional can be that terrible. Trying to fight off the knee jerk reaction to dump this motherfucker. His stat line this year is fine, but I'm not convinced he ever knows where the ball is going. Can't you not show up against the Padres or some shit? You gotta blows saves against fucking Col/Col/LAD? What a dumpster of a performance.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Dave Roberts: "Fernando Rodney has a proven track record."

And it looks like

f2OphG0.jpg

Caja 117

looking to book seats on the bandwagon?
Nah, I have been a fan of Dodgers ever since and because Pedro Guerrero and Tommy Lasorda . (Pedro because he is uncle to a a very good school friend and Lasorda because he got to be manager of my Dominican team Licey)

Altough I havent been a hardcore follower ever since Mike Piazza was traded. You could say if anything I have been a bandwagon Yankees fan since 1998/99.

i wonder if you didn't read my post, or are just pretending not to have

tenor.gif

Like, sure, maybe Schwarber turns it around and starts hitting. There's always a chance. But beyond things like prospect ranking, the actual numbers aren't good. He isn't as bad as he's been this year (as I've made clear), but what he is projected to be isn't exactly a great player. Objectively speaking, he is projected to be an average to below-average player, which is fine. That's the "rational human" take about Schwarber. If you want to think that he's more than this type of player, he's got to prove it, which he has so far not been able to do.

But maybe math is just trolling the Cubs

Meier

BA top 100 midseason prospects. Includes 2017 draft picks.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2017-midseason-top-100-prospects-july-7/#bUpbi27VyEFkixPo.97

Braves 9 in top 75. 6 in top 50.

#1 2017 Pick royce lewis #39. Gore and Greene are #30 and 31 though. McKay and Wright #40 and 41.

Walker Buehler's stat line looks very encouraging. Fantastic strikeout to walk ratio. It's a shame we have such a glut of OFers -- would like to see Verdugo at some point this season. Those power numbers for Willie Calhoun over the past two seasons are nuts...surely he's ready for the majors? Should replace Utley next season.

Malo

Banned

BFIB

Judge graduated, Kaprielian got taken off the list due to TJ and Mateo got taken off due to his poor play in high A. Yet, 7 Yankees still made the top 100. Impressive.

Can't wait to get one of them in a Lynn trade.

Isn't Lynn a FA after this season?

Yeah he is. Doubt he could get a top 100 pick, maybe a backend one at best.

It'll be a tricky spot because any return for him is going to have to be greater than the extra draft pick the Cardinals will get when he signs with another team.

Malo

Banned
Yeah he is. Doubt he could get a top 100 pick, maybe a backend one at best.

It'll be a tricky spot because any return for him is going to have to be greater than the extra draft pick the Cardinals will get when he signs with another team.
He's definitely not on their radar. The Yankees are looking for pitchers that controllable for a few years.

Line_HTX

Meh... I think Correa is barking up on the wrong tree. It's not like Osuna is David Price, not sure why he would say something that stupid.

Walker Buehler's stat line looks very encouraging. Fantastic strikeout to walk ratio. It's a shame we have such a glut of OFers -- would like to see Verdugo at some point this season. Those power numbers for Willie Calhoun over the past two seasons are nuts...surely he's ready for the majors? Should replace Utley next season.

The problem with Calhoun is that he has shitty defense. He's not fast, doesn't have good hands, and glove isn't good. That is why I think he's the most tradeable top prospect as he would be perfect as a DH in the AL. Buehler is exciting, as he has 4 pitches that can be good. His fastball sits at 96-98 and occasionally hits 99 or 100. He has a nasty curve too. The concern with Walker is injury.

If I was to name another player that will shoot up like Buehler, it would be Mitchell White. I don't think he's as good as Buehler, but he's probably the pitching prospect after Buehler I'm most excited about. I don't think he made the top 100 due to him being out with injury since late May.

zulux21

why is javier baez standing naked holding a baseball bat with my address bar censoring his penis on the cover of my espn mag?

this... is not something I wanted.

edit: good god almost the entire mag is naked people.

I did not know espn had a nude edition @_@

Tall4Life

why is javier baez standing naked holding a baseball bat with my address bar censoring his penis on the cover of my espn mag?

this... is not something I wanted.

edit: good god almost the entire mag is naked people.

I did not know espn had a nude edition @_@
The Body issue?
r100071_3776x4500cc.jpg

nude wilfork, everyone

zulux21

the home run derby is still using the same format as last year right?

thus I don't have any real reason to watch it because it was kind of boring to watch.

zulux21

Thought the new format was fun actually with the brackets and it being timed.

I personally found it really boring.

technically it was likely more exciting overall but with everything just going there wasn't any time to really appreciate when someone got in a groove or for someone to have a killer comeback which made it less interesting to watch for me.

one of my favorite things about baseball is the simple fact that even down to your last strike there is still a chance for a comeback.

I loved watching someone in the home run derby get to 9 outs and then go crazy and manage to come from behind the new format really doesn't give that freedom.

WTF, Mets? How do you not sign Bartolo back in a season that's going absolutely nowhere and the Braves have to pay him the rest of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom