• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
Beautiful.

DEZU3ApUwAEh-FV.jpg:large

Everyone is 6-4 or 6-5 in that pic (outside of Turner).

Teams are now full of big guys.

zulux21

your anecdotes always amuse me, if they're even real

i saw a guy with a white sox hat driving a truck with a trump bumper sticker, white sox fans support trump
there are indeed plenty of white sox fans that are like trump supports just like there are plenty of cubs fans who are also trump supports.

I wasn't referring to mere single incident though. for weeks before he was actually sent down every article that talked about the cubs or him seemed to be overflowing with hate towards the guy for being crappy.

obviously not every cubs fan has given up on him, but a very vocal part of the cubs fans sure have and now are hoping that he might one day return to form but doubt it.

there are indeed plenty of white sox fans that are like trump supports just like there are plenty of cubs fans who are also trump supports.

I wasn't referring to mere single incident though. for weeks before he was actually sent down every article that talked about the cubs or him seemed to be overflowing with hate towards the guy for being crappy.

obviously not every cubs fan has given up on him, but a very vocal part of the cubs fans sure have and now are hoping that he might one day return to form but doubt it.

anecdotal sports rival bs to the extreme. sports fans are generally dumb as shit, you're noticing the cubs ones more and projecting it to be bigger because you don't like that particular team.

let me tell you folks, this guy is as impressive off the field as he is on the field. also the guy on deck really gets it too. this is special.

Chris R

If the Mariners could go .700 or .125 the rest of the month that would be so good. Either give me hope or free me from my pain and suffering early this year.

RBH

• Manfred also touched upon a few open stadium issues. As Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times writes. “I continue to believe Tampa (Bay) is a viable major-league market, and I also believe it may be better than the alternatives than we have out there,” Manfred said of the Rays and their efforts to move into a newly constructed, more modern facility. “And I am hopeful we get to a resolution.” The commissioner did concede that eventually there may come a point where alternatives must be considered but stressed that such a point is not close at hand. Topkin adds that based on Manfred’s comments about expansion/relocation on Monday, the primary alternatives are believed to be Montreal, Charlotte and Mexico City (or elsewhere in Mexico).
  • Regarding the ongoing stadium issues for the cross-country Athletics, Manfred again offered hope that the team would not need to relocate (via MLB.com’s Mark Newman). Newly hired A’s president Dave Kaval, who was brought in largely to oversee the stadium process, has said recently that the team hopes to have a proposal for the site of a new facility this year, and Manfred is heartened by the efforts being put forth. “I think the renewed interest that [managing partner] John Fisher has shown in finding a new site in Oakland is positive,” said Manfred. “Baseball has had a long history of commitment to its communities. We have been the sport least likely to relocate. We’d like to have Oakland be a success. I think the identification of a single site in Oakland will be a step forward in that stadium process.”
  • Newman also notes that Manfred continues to have interest in expanding the league, though the commissioner said expansion will not become a prominent focus until the stadium issues for both the Rays and A’s are resolved. “I know the Mayor of Montreal has been very vocal about bringing baseball back to Montreal,” said Manfred. “Charlotte’s a possibility. And I’d like to think that Mexico City or some other place in Mexico would be a possibility.”
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/07/rob-manfred-tony-clark-all-star-game.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom