• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
20170828_232007.png

The Braves are now 57-72. If you remove the 14 games they've played against the Phillies, they would be 55-60.

Likewise, the Phillies would be 37-79 instead of 49-81 without their games against the Braves.

I mean, there are legitimate baseball reasons why the Rangers would decline (I.E. playing that series in Houston in September would create a 12 game 4-city road trip at the end of the season which would be tough on a team chasing a WC spot)

But it's a terrible visual for the Rangers to put those baseball reasons over the humanitarian concerns Houston's dealing with right now.

No matter how bad your team may be, at least they're not the Royals right now.

Except for the Royals fans that appeared a couple years ago and have subsequently disappeared.

David Wright stopped his rehab assignment due to shoulder pain (RETIRE),!

If he retires doesn't he give up the rest of the $ from that huge contract the next 4 years or whatever? Why would he retire if he can just keep rehabbing and collect those checks? Unless the Mets make him some buyout offer yeah? Not certain how It would work with his deal.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I mean, there are legitimate baseball reasons why the Rangers would decline (I.E. playing that series in Houston in September would create a 12 game 4-city road trip at the end of the season which would be tough on a team chasing a WC spot)

But it's a terrible visual for the Rangers to put those baseball reasons over the humanitarian concerns Houston's dealing with right now.

And the Astros now have to play 22 games on the Road.

Boo-fucking-hoo Rangers.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Grandy Man wrote an article:

On Duda:

Now, know this: Duda’s a big Drake guy. Very big. Like, to an extreme. So I’d always get on his case because every song he wanted to hear would be Drake. But what surprised me at first was that Duda can go back. People don’t realize. He loves The Brothers Johnson, James Brown — like funk and Motown stuff. So if it wasn’t Drake, it’d be older jams … or he’d throw in a request for some Cypress Hill out of the blue. I mean, Duda will surprise you sometimes.

Anyway, after a while we had the whole setup down. I’d DJ and Duda would serve as my bodyguard during those sets. He wouldn’t let anyone get to me, and if any of the guys wanted to make a song request, they’d have to go to Duda first and get his approval before it even got to me.

It was awesome.

Everyone talks about the Instagram account, but Club Grandy was really where it was at.

On being a Yankee:

When I came to the Yankees in 2010, my first game was at Fenway.

Talk about jumping right into the fire.

During spring training that year I hadn’t hit a single home run, and people were kind of wondering what my deal was.

So that was kind of the vibe for me going into Boston to start the season.

But not only was the no-home-runs thing in my head, I was also just really nervous about playing at Fenway for the first time as a Yankee.

I got to play alongside some of the best people I’ve ever met — Derek, CC Sabathia, Mariano Rivera, Jorge Posada, Robinson Cano, Nick Swisher and so many others. And I got to see firsthand the passion and pride that Yankees fans bring to every single game.

On being a Met:

When I Became a Met, I got to know another amazing fan base.

The thing that has always struck me about Mets fans is that they just have so much heart. I always loved how they would give massive ovations to guys like Tim Teufel and Mookie Wilson from that ’86 team. Or how they got behind Bartolo Colon in such a cool way. There’s a real, genuine love for that team and those players they’ve rooted so hard for over the years. And they are loyal.

Something I love about college sports, and about international sports, is seeing fan bases doing things collectively together, and the Mets have something like that going with the 7 Line Army. The fact that the 7 Line is able to take over entire stadium sections, both at Citi Field and on the road, is something that stood out to me right away. And those are the types of things that get you extra wins over the course of the season.

One of the things that always touched me was that Mets fans would give me gifts. I’d get fans making me bracelets out of rubber bands in Mets colors. Or little kids would make drawings of me and give them to me before games. I even received a crayon with my name on it. I used to love coloring as a kid, but even though I haven’t done it in a while, getting a crayon with my name on it was really cool. Also, one little guy, I’ll never forget it, he gave me his autograph on a baseball card.

I loved that, and I kept that card. Like how New York is that? Here, you take my autograph Mr. Baseball Player.

At the same time, I’m only human. So it’s tough not to dream of what might be. After making it to the World Series twice, and coming up short both times, I can’t help but think maybe this might be my time.

And if it is — if I’m fortunate enough to be part of a team that wins it all — I can say for certain that all the people who supported me and showed me love in New York City over the years will be a big reason why I finally reached my ultimate goal.

My heartfelt thanks goes out to each and every one you.

So the Rangers take an arguably inferior package from the Dodgers for Darvish just to screw over the Astros and then they do this. Not to mention the fleecing that is the new stadium.

The Rangers are dicks.

Vyse24

The Rays announced that all revenue from ticket sales, parking, and concessions made from the Rangers/Astros series in Tropicana will be donated to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts.

We scored a fucking run!!! Go Royals. 45 innings later.

Besides pitching, fielding, and hitting, we're doing great.

No matter how bad your team may be, at least they're not the Royals right now.

Except for the Royals fans that appeared a couple years ago and have subsequently disappeared.

I've watched all but one game this season, even caught them win down in Oakland. I just don't post on here.

Line_HTX

Y'know, I really cannot bring myself to be mad at the score. Everyone, the broadcasters, players, AJ Hinch, they're all frustrated at not being able to help physically and in person. I wasn't even mad at Shin-Soo Choo's 3 run bomb either or Odor's strikeout / wild pitch.

If there's any consolation, anything, it's that I'm glad Will Harris is back from the DL and has good command again.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Y'all know I love minor league baseball but actually watching it bums me out. I'm at the Canadians-Hawks game and it's error after error.

Tall4Life

Dodgers are so far ahead right now that it really doesn't matter too much if they get in a slump

All that matters is that they get hot again come playoff time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom