• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choomp

Banned
giphy.gif

holy shit haha

That's some kind of shit that would happen to me in The Show, honestly

Mrbob

Number one offense since the all Star break doing work again, feels good even though the team has more issues than last year.

zulux21

going into the last day of august the wild card races look as such

*angels will likely get another loss before the night is over

NL race is
*arizona will likely have another win before the night is over

the only team with a real threat of falling out of their division lead is the cubs.

so how have these teams been in their last 30 games?

NY Yankees 16-14
Minnesota 18-12
Baltimore 19-11
LA Angels 19-11
Texas 16-14
Tampa Bay 13-17
Seattle 15-15
Kansas City 11-19

meaning that if the rest of the season goes like the last 30 your wild card teams would be...

The minnesota Twins and the blatimore oriels.

That being said none of those teams are out of the running and a seriously wouldn't rule out KC which has been one of the streakier teams I can remember as they seem to go on a 10-1 run only to instantly turn around and go 1-10 @_@

in the NL we are looking at
Arizona 15-15
Colorado 14-16
Milwaukee 14-16
Miami 18-12
St. Louis 16-14
and for good measure the cubs 17-13

even if things repeated themselves none of the rankings would change. that being said the brewers have 6 games left against the cubs and the cards have 7 against the cubs and miami has an interesting schedule

aside from the nats, the marlins are facing a bunch of pretty weak teams until they face the brewers and then a small break before facing both the diamondbacks and rockies. If miami continues their pace, and then can sweep both the diamond backs and rockies, the end of the WC for the NL could be very very interesting.

either way it should be fun. Here's hoping the brewers can get back in front of the cubs :p

rekameohs

Banned
The dubs keep on comin'!

7-8 vs the Dodgers this year, where they smoked the rest of MLB. Just need to make it to and through the Wild Card and I feel strongly about a 5 game set (much better than a 7 game).

Christopher Kamka @ckamka
2017 #Cubs: 1st team in MLB history with 5 players to hit 20+ HR in age 25 or younger season. Báez, Bryant, Contreras, Schwarber, Happ
21:15 - 30 Aug 2017
18 18 Replies 475 475 Retweets 635 635 likes

Jesus at this quote from Indians owner Paul Dolan:

We are Clevelanders. We have that relationship with Chief Wahoo that so many do, but we're empathetic to those who find some reason to be offended by it.

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. "Those who find some reason to be offended by it"?

Destroy them!! I need to catch a game this weekend at PetCo. I miss that stadium

I legit feel blessed that it's my home park. No matter how bad the team is, it's just such a fantastic place to hang out at for a few hours.

I legit feel blessed that it's my home park. No matter how bad the team is, it's just such a fantastic place to hang out at for a few hours.
yeah that place is nice.. and easy access in and out of the stadium/traffic. I just park across the street from there and leaving it only takes 5 minutes or so.

Oh, you need a long ass slump alright.

*Manhattan drops sf2
I think The Machine's homerun is about to land, finally

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Anyone have a gif or video of what caused Hinch to get ejected? He's usually pretty even keel.

Rosenthal: Angels close to getting Justin Upton.

Hoooollllyyyyy shit....it's done.

Edit: Mixed feeling. Could just end up being a rental with his opt out after this year. I'm not convinced Angels pitching health (severe lack of healthy pitching) can get into a playoff spot on a wild card race alone.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Angels get Justin Upton

Astros get Cameron Maybin from Angels and are possibly in talks with Tigers to get Verlander.

Anyone have a gif or video of what caused Hinch to get ejected? He's usually pretty even keel.

Joe West being Joe West.

Angels get Justin Upton

Astros get Cameron Maybin from Angels and are possibly in talks with Tigers to get Verlander.

Joe West being Joe West.

Maybin's bats been cold since June but he's got great speed. Actually kinda sad to see him go though, he's got a lot of heart and was helpful in Trout's absence. No sense in us having 5 outfielders though.

This made me laugh though (and cry):
Justin Upton in 2017: 28 HRs
Angels starting LFs since 2015: 27HRs

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Maybin's bats been cold since June but he's got great speed. Actually kinda sad to see him go though, he's got a lot of heart and was helpful in Trout's absence. No sense in us having 5 outfielders though.

I'm thinking part of it might be due to Fisher not having much major league experience, Maybin can help a bit more in the playoffs with that speed.

Line_HTX

Julia Morales‏ @JuliaMorales 2m2 minutes ago

Adrian Beltre just pulled up. Didn't look good. He's headed straight for the clubhouse favoring left hamstring/leg.

RBH

Pete-Rose-Undeniable-832x447.jpg

Pete Rose’s time as a Fox Sports analyst appears to have come to a close. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Rose will not appear as part of Fox’s postseason baseball coverage amid allegations that he had a sexual relationship with an underage woman in the 1970s.

A woman publicly referred to as Jane Doe has claimed Rose had sex with her when she was 14 or 15 (under the age of consent in Ohio, where they both lived) and he was in his 30s. Rose has acknowledged having a relationship with the woman over several years but has said he thought she was 16 when it began.

Rose will not face criminal charges for his relationship with Doe, as the statute of limitations has expired.

Bizarrely, these allegations came to light thanks to Rose’s own defamation lawsuit against prosecutor John Dowd, who produced the report that got him banned from baseball back in 1989. Rose sued Dowd last year after Dowd claimed on the radio that Rose used to have sex with young women during Spring Training. Dowd brought Doe as part of his defense.

Fox Sports might have been especially sensitive to sexual misconduct allegations given the issues with sexual harassment at its parent company.

Sports Illustrated’s Michael McCann had cautioned that Fox could fire Rose thanks to a “morals clause” in his contract.
http://awfulannouncing.com/fox/pete...on.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom