• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
I can't tell you guys how happy I am that the Orioles are playing the Blue Jays right now.

11 in a row here we come!

If Upton opts in (and signs are pointing to him doing so) the Angels just made arguably the best move they've made since drafting Trout lol.

30 and coming off his best year, he's good value for another 2-3 years.

Beckx

The Phillies picked up Nicasio off waivers

Let's all be sure to congratulate Robert Nutting for his shrewd move to save himself $600,000

:/

Beckx

lol i couldn't believe that when i heard they were going to give him away

when you look behind the curtain and see he uses revenue sharing to field a team just competitive enough to make him a lot of money, and then demands the front office meet salary targets, it all clicks into place

2015-2018: what might have been

If Upton opts in (and signs are pointing to him doing so) the Angels just made arguably the best move they've made since drafting Trout lol.

30 and coming off his best year, he's good value for another 2-3 years.

I don't know I'm not optimistic. One would think his value exceeds his current contract but who knows.

However, an outfield of Upton, Trout, and Kalhoun is drool worthy.

Rosenthal reporting the Angels are trying to acquire Brandon Phillips from the Braves. Phillips would have to waive his no-trade clause.

Sanjuro

Da fuq Arte/Eppler? I'm so confused. Are we really making a run at October based on a wild card run?

ygStwkF.gif

EDIT: #OLD

7kn6VAF.jpg

zulux21

when is the official deadline for trades to have people still eligible for post season rosters. I know today is the last day but is there a time?

I can't understand how Miguel Gonzalez is still on the white sox. is there really no one that needs a solid 5th starter who has been running a 2.94 ERA since the second half started?

Sanjuro

when is the official deadline for trades to have people still eligible for post season rosters. I know today is the last day but is there a time?

I can't understand how Miguel Gonzalez is still on the white sox. is there really no one that needs a solid 5th starter who has been running a 2.94 ERA since the second half started?

The stroke of midnight.

PQwL0eZ.gif

He probably wouldn't pass waivers.

nnex

Neo Member
The Phillies picked up Nicasio off waivers

Let's all be sure to congratulate Robert Nutting for his shrewd move to save himself $600,000

:/

I'm choosing to delude myself into thinking that money is going toward the Otani fund.

lol :(

zulux21

That's surprising. Seems like a pretty low risk.

low risk, he is a free agent next year so I doubt the white sox are asking for much.

he even has a little bit of post season experience as a starter with two solid starts.

I just don't understand how some other team hasn't picked him up. He should be on a team in the race for the post season :/

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Brandon Phillips deal done. Braves getting Minor League catcher Tony Sanchez. Braves sure do like those former high draft picks.

zulux21

not an ideal team to get on for a run at the post season but miguel is with the rangers now

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/08/rangers-expected-to-acquire-miguel-gonzalez.html

The Rangers have struck a deal to add righty Miguel Gonzalez from the White Sox, as Eduardo Encina of the Baltimore Sun first reported (Twitter link). Per the report, the Orioles were also attempting to bring back the veteran starter, but weren’t willing to meet the asking price. Infielder Ti’Quan Forbes will go to Chicago in return. The Rangers have designated righty Anthony Bass to open a roster spot.

Forbes only just turned 21 and was a second-round pick in 2014. But he has not really shown much yet as a professional. While playing mostly at third base this season, which he has split between the Class A and High-A levels, Forbes carries a meager .234/.281/.344 batting line with 11 home runs through 517 plate appearances.

I mean it's weird to me that the O's couldn't find a A prospect that was drafted in the first two rounds that wasn't panning out at all to give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom