• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

still trying to find the full details but I thought I heard the tigers were paying 10 miles per year of his remaining salary.

Either way I don't think I could have woken up to better news this morning. I know he's not as good as he once was but he's still quite good.

tigers are paying 8 mil a year of remaining salary which is 2 years 28mil per season unless he finishes in the top 5 voting for cy young in 2019.

aka the tigers most likely saved 40 mil by making the trade over the next 2 seasons + what ever verlander has left this year on his contract.

zulux21

Tigers are blowing it up, but with zero way to get rid of Miggy. Wonder if that situation could get ugly.

most likely they have to hope that he rebounds next year, and then towards the trade deadline give him away for almost nothing to just move the contract.

he has 6 years at 30 mil + per year left on his contract which is just crazy.

to be fair it was one of the stupidest signings I have ever seen when it happened in the first place.

I still don't understand what the thought process of signing a 31 year old that you have under control for another year to an 8 year contract extension at around market price was.

most likely they have to hope that he rebounds next year, and then towards the trade deadline give him away for almost nothing to just move the contract.

he has 6 years at 30 mil + per year left on his contract which is just crazy.

to be fair it was one of the stupidest signings I have ever seen when it happened in the first place.

I still don't understand what the thought process of signing a 31 year old that you have under control for another year to an 8 year contract extension at around market price was.

I think they'd have to eat like half of the contract just to get teams even interested. Keep in mind, right handed bats aren't exactly in demand right now. It's an awful contract, and Albert Pujols is just sitting there as a living breathing cautionary tale for teams who might think about trading for Cabrera.

zulux21

I guess the Mariners didn't get off too badly only paying Cano 24mil a year til he's 40.

that wasn't a great signing either, but was a move to at least get a player around his prime on your team.

they tigers still had miggy when they signed him again, and when the original contract was up he would have been 32 going on 33. even great hitters tend to fall off by age 37. It should have been a very simple choice that you either sign him to only a 4 year extension at most or let him walk at that point... not give him 8 years at 30 mil per year as effectively it should have been expected that it would be more like 4 years at 60 mil per year and then 4 years of him being on the roster taking up a space after that :/

I think they'd have to eat like half of the contract just to get teams even interested. Keep in mind, right handed bats aren't exactly in demand right now. It's an awful contract, and Albert Pujols is just sitting there as a living breathing cautionary tale for teams who might think about trading for Cabrera.

if he rebounds to normal form, and the tigers take a bag of balls in return. I could at least see a team only asking 20 mil or so from the tigers for him. they will likely want something back though so you are likely correct that it will take about half of his contract cost to get him moved.

I know Tigers aren't what they used to be, but dunno how the Tribe survived bases loaded two outs with Cabrera up at the end of the game there. lol

Sanjuro

Jim Rice commenting on Burger Donut Champion, CC Sabathia.

"What is he talking about? Bunting is part of the game," Rice said. "You try to get on the base any way you can. If you tell him to leave some of that chicken, that donut and that burger weight — maybe his leg will be OK that he can field that baseball. That's just stupid.

Toth

Pretty bad game overall for the Yankees. They just can't stay consistent. It's maddening. Is Fister THAT good? I'm guessing no.

Tall4Life

Pretty bad game overall for the Yankees. They just can't stay consistent. It's maddening. Is Fister THAT good? I'm guessing no.

Fister tends to drop a run or two in the first inning and then pitch great for the rest

and he was absolutely not like this before he came to Boston, he's done this recently though to the Indians and O's as well for example

I have this awful feeling that muh Indians are peeking a month too early.

;_________;

Nah man, we're still a pretty banged up team, and Tito teams typically perform better after the ASB.

They also said on the telecast we are at exactly the same record right now as we were last year so we good.

Toth

Fister tends to drop a run or two in the first inning and then pitch great for the rest

and he was absolutely not like this before he came to Boston, he's done this recently though to the Indians and O's as well for example

Oh okay, makes sense then.

BFIB

Cards erupt. Crazy how when Bader was up earlier in the year, the Cards kept piling on. I don't know, maybe play him more?

Mrbob

Rockies keep fading... I looked at their next 12 games and the schedule looks brutal. Diamondbacks, Giants (easy here), dodgers, diamondbacks. Brewers are going to jump them for the wild card if they stay playing well.

MechDX

Jeremy Branham‏Verified account @JeremyBranham 16h16 hours ago
More
The first pitcher the Stros will face at home since the storm is Harvey. Time for some payback..
DIrGlNCUMAA37b6.jpg:large

Entire city of Houston is triggered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom