• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Indeed, my bad Windu. I should have known you'd beat me to it. Either way, that video is amazing for its terribleness.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Finally got around to watching moneyball, great movie as I expected but it does make scouts look really bad lol. Can't we all just get along?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
@Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal
Sources: #RedSox trying to get G. Gonzalez, Bailey in "monster" deal. #Rangers, #Rays also on Bailey. #Nationals team to beat on Gio. #MLB
1 hour ago via Twitter for Mac

Wouldn't that be something.

Wait a sec... via Twitter for Mac?

rinse82

Nats got raped, hefty price to pay.

I think the NL will do Gio good though.

Problem for the Jays, this just drove up the market for Garza.

Windu

Strasburg, Zimmerman and Gio. The NL East aint going to be fun.

steep price though, good deal for oakland.

Windu

Mets to be competitive again in 2019?
Mets Competitive?

aRQoL.jpg

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
What do you guys think the NL East will look like at the end of the season based on current rosters? My guess:

95-67 Phils
91-71 Braves
88-74 Nats
84-78 Marlins
62-100 Mets

Miami could go up to 86-87 wins with Cespedes.

What do you guys think the NL East will look like at the end of the season based on current rosters? My guess:

95-67 Phils
91-71 Braves
88-74 Nats
84-78 Marlins
62-100 Mets

I dont see the Phils winning 7 less games with mostly the same team plus a full year of Pence. I guess it is possible, but I think they pull off another 100 win season.

And then get knocked out in the first round due to their offense not being able to score against good pitchers.

verbum

Do you think the Braves should go for Seth Smith?
I can't remember seeing him play. He has played LF and RF.
Arbitration is 2012 and FA is 2015.

Seth Smith is drawing interest from the Athletics, Rays, Mariners, Braves and Mets, according to Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. The Reds have also been linked to Smith this offseason and are looking for a left fielder, though Rosenthal and Morosi don't mention Cincinnati. The Rockies can afford to part with Smith, as they already have outfielders Carlos Gonzalez, Dexter Fowler, Michael Cuddyer and Tyler Colvin.

GM Dan O'Dowd would likely look for MLB-ready pitching or a second baseman for Smith, Rosenthal and Morosi write. Smith, a left-handed hitter, posted a .284/.347/.483 line with 15 homers in 533 plate appearances this past season, playing left and right field. MLBTR contributor Matt Swartz estimates a 2012 salary of $2.6MM for the 29-year-old via the arbitration process.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

verbum

95-67 Phils
91-71 Braves
88-74 Nats
84-78 Marlins
62-100 Mets

I would bump up the Nats for 3 more wins, Werth will probably be more of a factor this year.

I think it will be a tighter race this year between the Braves, Phillies, and Nats.

Windu

95-67 Phils
91-71 Braves
88-74 Nats
84-78 Marlins
62-100 Mets

i haven't really put much thought into it, but with the current rosters that looks good. The braves offense should be better this year, they under performed last season. the Pitching staff i don't think will be as good though.

Windu

Depends what we'd have to give up. I wouldn't trade Prado for him.
debatable. They are similar offensive players but prado can play the infield. I think i might do it for smith plus a prospect. Seth is under control for longer than prado too.

Macattk15

NATIONALS GET:

-- LHP Gio Gonzalez

ATHLETICS GET:

-- RHP A.J. Cole
-- LHP Tommy Milone
-- C Derek Norris
-- RHP Brad Peacock

What the piss? Gio isn't even that great .... serviceable #3 .... sure if he got that walk rate down he could be awesome ... but god damn.

Jack Z needs to trade some of our god damn pitching to fill some holes with blue chips!

Is Dominican Winter League over? Was hoping to see Kazmir in the more than a third inning.

Na Round Robin with top four teams about to start up. Top two teams will then duke it out to represent DR in the Caribbean Series. Let me see if he still on the roster.
Kazmir might be done though man. I don't see him on any of the rosters.

Somehow, this deal isn't going to quite work out for the Nats perfectly.
The one thing that matters though, is that it's probably going to result in them winning more games than the Orioles...and that's okay. :jangocube

Also...holy shit, the NL East is getting tough again.

Lowering that luxury tax is the reason why there's been no big signings. They'll get under it - just in time to be able to resign and extend Cano, and absorb any albatross contacts holding them back.

You know which one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom