• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
Seen Moneyball today. It was decent, not sure where i'd rank it amongst baseball movies but im sure if i thought hard enough about the baseball films i seen it would be down

Opiate

wainwright does that by himself

Agreed, assuming Pujols doesn't have a huge bounceback year.

However, I don't see what's wrong with the Beltran contract at all. He's been worth 3 WAR or more every single year of his career except 2010. Last year, he was worth ~20 million. He was just .3 WAR less valuable than Pujols, according to Fangraphs.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but even injury prone, Beltran is worth 13 million / anum. If it were a long contract I'd completely understand, but 2 years is fantastic.

Fatalah

Posted yet? So awesome looking.

18623.jpg

Buster Olney is already making his 2012 playoff predictions:

AL East: Rays
AL Central: Tigers
AL West: Rangers
AL Wild Card: Yankees

NL East: Phillies
NL Central: Cardinals
NL West: Diamondbacks
NL Wild Card: Giants

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Buster Olney is already making his 2012 playoff predictions:

AL East: Rays
AL Central: Tigers
AL West: Rangers
AL Wild Card: Yankees

NL East: Phillies
NL Central: Cardinals
NL West: Diamondbacks
NL Wild Card: Giants

Well shit the Rays are screwed now.

2K cover looks terrible. It worked well for NBA2K but it just doesn't work for me with baseball. Verlander's head looks so roided up on that cover.

Athletics designated OF Jai Miller for assignment.

Miller was cleared to make room for the A's new acquisitions from the Gio Gonzalez trade with the Nationals. The 26-year-old outfielder appeared in six games at the major-league level this past season, but spent the majority of the year with Triple-A Sacramento, batting .276/.368/.588 with 32 homers, 88 RBI, 16 stolen bases and a .956 OPS over 475 plate appearances.
Why can't this guy stay on a team?
Yorvit Torrealba attacked home plate umpire Dario Rivero, Jr. during a game Friday afternoon in the Venezuelan Winter League. Torrealba gave a shove to Rivero's face after striking out. The Rangers were made aware of the incident Friday evening and plan to investigate. "[We're] aware, but we haven’t gotten much info yet," said Rangers general manager. "We will look into it." It's not clear what sort of punishment Torrealba could receive, either from the Venezuelan Winter League or the Rangers.
AHAHAHHHHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAA

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
@BNightengale Bob Nightengale
All signs and top #MLB sources say that the #Athletics will be granted permission by Feb to move to San Jose.

It's happening.

@BNightengale Bob Nightengale
All signs and top #MLB sources say that the #Athletics will be granted permission by Feb to move to San Jose.

It's happening.

That really leaves only the Rays in a very bad location for baseball.
Finding a location for them would seems hard though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think Kev's been dipping into the egg nog a little early again.

So I've always loved eggnog. Like the kind you buy in a store. So I was at a bar last new years eve and ordered the egg nog and it was like fucking pure alcohol. tasted NOTHING like the store kind. i couldn't drink it.

We did it brahs, do you know the way to San Jose? Now just announce two new expansion franchises for Montreal and Portland, find the Rays a real stadium and everything is good brahs. Almost there.

McNei1y

With Bryce and Gio tweeting about Prince Fielder... they should just sign the damn man already!

p.s. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and all that good stuff!

Yorvit Torrealba got suspended 66 games from the Venezuelan league for piefacing that umpire. :lol

Cubs and Andy Sonnanstine have agreed to a "non-guaranteed split" deal. Whatever that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom