• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Answer time!

The correct answer was both C and D (this calendar is a bitch, because it should suggest that there could be a tie...either way I am giving points to whoever guessed C or D). Rivera and Quiz each won the award 5 times. Congrats to Windu, Eznark, Sanjuro, Duane, Clemenx, DCM, RBH, and Zeroray today. I'll catch you guys tomorrow!

Sanjuro

Lousy news. Always liked Victor.

M9sjE.jpg

Oxx

Does anyone here have much experience of ordering clothing from MLB.com?

There are a load of negative reviews online, but I figure that only the people who have problems make the effort to leave reviews, right?

I would be shipping to Europe, so if anything were to go wrong it would be a real pain.

He never should have allowed Miggy to put him in that Figure 4 leglock.

Lol

But yeah, that's shitty. If I were one of those weird fucks with multiple favorite teams, the Tigers would be my favorite AL team. Sad to hear.

Excellent news about K-Rod. Now I won't vomit with rage when he loads the bases up nearly as much I would have if he took the original amount.

And lulz at the Counsell proceedings.

rekameohs

Banned
D'backs will sign Joe Saunders again for next year. One year, $6MM.

lol and he was trying to get 3 years, 27 million this offseason. Whoops.

McNei1y

So I watched Moneyball last night and god damn that movie for hyping baseball season up again. I can't believe its only January. Hurry the hell up baseball. Also, the movie is fantastic.

Madtown_

Brewers sign Aoki to a two year deal.

No gaurantees about playing time supposedly, but Corey Hart will be playing some games at 1B (good too, because he gets injured too much) which would presumably allow Aoki more playing time.

Keep in mind the 50 games that Braun is probably missing, and all in all, good signing by Doug Melvin.

#Brewers sign Aoki for two years plus an option

eznark

Banned
Pretty great day for Melvin and the Crew today. Aoki to 2 years plus a club option and getting Loe and KRod done before arb.

nice.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Moylan coming back to the Braves! 1 year minor league deal for 1 million plus incentives and stuff per DOB twitter...
we didn't really need him but i guess its nice to have him back. I wouldn't have gave him fair market value so 1m is nice.

anyway, i think the payroll looks something like this

xZr2z.png

i just gave all of the pre arb guys 500k (min is 414k) and guessed on a few roster spots like Martinez and Constanza. The roster is really pretty much set though.

it would be nice if 10m of that could be used elsewhere though...pretty good deal for the indians.

edit: oh, there is also 1.25m going to mclouth for declining his option. So yay 10+ million for non roster spots.

Huh? DETAILS.

There's no story. Wainwright didn't go. Rafael Furcal didn't go either. Wainwright said he didn't want to skip two days of rehab.

Albert Pujols, Tony La Russa, Wainwright, and Furcal didn't attend. Four players who aren't on the team anymore (Authur Rhodes, Corey Patterson, Edwin Jackson, and Gerald Laird) attended.

Even though I'm still salty about losing to the Tigers in the ALDS last year, I feel sorry for them. V-Mart was a big part of that offense - and to lose that bat for the season even before pitchers and catchers? That sucks.

They gotta go get a stick like yesterday.

Jon

It's that time again, Jon's Page-a-Day Trivia Extravaganza!

Question 7:

Which non-expansion team holds the record for most consecutive years without reaching a World Series?

(Do I really need to list the choices? :-/)

A) Cleveland Indians
B) Chicago Cubs
C) St. Louis Browns
D) Chicago White Sox

Good luck!

Jon

Bonus trivia today, since the real question is so fucking stupid:

Today is a former baseball player's birthday, guess him from these five clues!

1) Played in the NL his entire career, which started in the 1990s.
2) Former All-Star.
3) Has had three home runs in one game.
4) Had a pretty bad knee injury that cemented a decline in his career.
5) Was a Dodger fan growing up.

Sanjuro

It's that time again, Jon's Page-a-Day Trivia Extravaganza!

Question 7:

Which non-expansion team holds the record for most consecutive years without reaching a World Series?

(Do I really need to list the choices? :-/)

A) Cleveland Indians
B) Chicago Cubs
C) St. Louis Browns
D) Chicago White Sox

Good luck!

The Chicago Epsteins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom