• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doytch

Fenix said:
It would be nice if they're going right back to the original logo, but the Canadians also wore that logo on their sleeve last year so don't read too much in to it, I guess.
Didn't know that.

anyway, hellickson and Kimbrel won the roty.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
A Rays player has finished 4th or higher in ROTY voting for the past 5 years with wins by Longo and Hellickson.

You might as well give Matt Moore the 2012 trophy now, unless they keep him in the minors for half a season :(

Kimbrel is the first unanimous winner of the Rookie of the Year award since Pujols in 2001. 10th in history. First time players from the same team finished #1 and #2 since 1989 when Jerome Walton and Dwight Smith of the Cubs finished #1 and #2.

Kemp's deal has a full no-trade clause.

eznark

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
Kimbrel is the first unanimous winner of the Rookie of the Year award since Pujols in 2001. 10th in history. First time players from the same team finished #1 and #2 since 1989 when Jerome Walton and Dwight Smith of the Cubs finished #1 and #2.

Kemp's deal has a full no-trade clause.

Have you seen the year-by-year breakdown?

NL 2011 ROOKIE OF THE YEAR VOTING
1. C.Kimbrel(ATL) - 160
2. F.Freeman(ATL) - 70
3. V.Worley(PHI) - 40
4. W.Ramos(WSH) - 6
5. J.Collmenter(ARI) - 5
6. Danny Espinosa(WSH) - 3
7a. Darwin Barney(CHC) - 2
7b. Kenley Jansen(LAD) - 2

AL 2011 ROOKIE OF THE YEAR VOTING
1. J.Hellickson(TB) - 102
2. M.Trumbo(LAA) - 60
3. E.Hosmer(KC) - 38
4. I.Nova(NYY) - 30
5. M.Pinieda(SEA) - 11
6. D.Ackley(SEA) - 6
7a. D.Jennings(TB) - 1
7b. J.Walden(LAA) - 1

eznark said:
Have you seen the year-by-year breakdown?
Can't find it yet.

jman2050

darkside31337 said:
A Rays player has finished 4th or higher in ROTY voting for the past 5 years with wins by Longo and Hellickson.

You might as well give Matt Moore the 2012 trophy now, unless they keep him in the minors for half a season :(

Jesus has 2012 locked up, better hope they withhold Moore's eligibility to 2013!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
jman2050 said:
Jesus has 2012 locked up, better hope they withhold Moore's eligibility to 2013!

I agree Jesus has a great chance to win the 2012 ROTY.

Once he gets traded to the NL this offseason.

Also Hanley Ramirez in CF? BJ Upton thinks he's going to be a lazy ass playing CF.

Meier

Glad we're getting the Kemp deal out of the way early. A bit scared to see how much Kershaw will end up making, lol.

Meier said:
Glad we're getting the Kemp deal out of the way early. A bit scared to see how much Kershaw will end up making, lol.

You still have a few years of team control before you have to start worrying about that.

It's going to be a fuckton, btw.

Sharp

lol @ 3 points for Danny Espinosa. I thought we would at least have some people who looked beyond the batting average.

Doytch

Bill James projections are out. Time to look at young players:

Stanton: .273/.366/.568, .397 wOBA, 39 HR
Poutine with Maple Syrup Drizzle and a can of Labatt 50: .284/.337/.495, .363 wOBA, 22 HR, 30 SB
Jesus Montero: .289/.351/.505, .371 wOBA
Ackley: .255/.341/.388, .327 wOBA LOLOL #6org #evenbilljamesdoesntlikethemariners

Doytch

acheron_xl said:
He lead NL offensive rookies in WAR, for whatever that's worth. I could see how some people thought he would be worth an honorable mention.
Uhhh, yeah the lol was most likely because it's so few votes.

5 people didn't vote for Freeman. Those are usually interesting because of who they did vote for, like last year when the Pirates guy voted for Jose Tabata and Neil Walker without voting for Jason Heyward.

Jon Morosi is reporting that Tigers contacted the Braves over the weekend and offered Delmon Young for Martin Prado. Not known whether the Braves are interested.

Meohsix

Prospective Astros owner Jim Crane has agreed to move the team to the American League in 2013, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (on Twitter). Crane still needs the approval of baseball's other owners. He would get a discount of approximately $50MM to switch leagues, according to Heyman. Bob Nightengale of USA Today says compensation will be in the $80MM range (Twitter link).

The move would even out the two leagues at 15 teams each and create six divisions of five teams, assuming Houston joins the four-team American League West. The shift is tied to the upcoming collective bargaining agreement, which may include identical schedules for teams within the same division and boost inter-league play considerably. As MLBTR's Tim Dierkes explained in his GM Meetings preview, owners are expected to approve the sale of the Astros from Drayton McLane to Crane this week.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
congrats to kimbrel, hell of a year, but booo @ beachy getting no love.
Jon Morosi is reporting that Tigers contacted the Braves over the weekend and offered Delmon Young for Martin Prado. Not known whether the Braves are interested.
hopefully wren is still laughing at that proposal.

BFIB

I'm all for having both leagues with the same number of teams, but I really hate that this is going to expand interleague. I want to do away w/ it and just go back to a balanced schedule.

nemss said:
I'm all for having both leagues with the same number of teams, but I really hate that this is going to expand interleague. I want to do away w/ it and just go back to a balanced schedule.
Interleague makes way too much money for everybody to ditch it now. It's never going away.

The NL teams make a shitload of cash when the Yankees or Red Sox come to town.

Windu

interleague makes a lot of money compared to regular games because the games are always on the weekends.

edit: but yeah the Yankees and red sox do bring a big crowd to the ballpark, but nothing different from the dodgers, cubs etc.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Interleague makes way too much money for everybody to ditch it now. It's never going away.

The NL teams make a shitload of cash when the Yankees or Red Sox come to town.
Having it everyday might water it down though.
Red Sox and Yanks bring more fans out to the park than any other team, defintely agree. Dodgers or Cubs do not compare.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Uggg... it's tough to see my Astros moving to the AL. They'll be near the cellar for years. I'd rather they change Interleague play to make it only play each team in another division 3 times at home and away. Rotate the divisions each year, and remove "rivalry" games. Who are going to be the NL rivals for Texas and the Astros now?

Well, things are about to get interesting.

Hanley told the Marlins he will tell them to fuck off if they sign Reyes and ask him to move to 3B.

Popcorn-14-Jimmy-Fallon.gif

Windu

AnEternalEnigma said:
Well, things are about to get interesting.

Hanley told the Marlins he will tell them to fuck off if they sign Reyes and ask him to move to 3B.
lol

Of COURSE Hanley would pull some shit like this. He should just go to the new ballpark and piss on the spot he's positioned in just to stake his claim even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom