• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bustah reporting the Reds have interest in Andrew Bailey. A's likewise have interest in Alonso. I think hope a Reds - Rays trade involving Alonso and a SP is more likely though.

Via Gammons

Cespedes people told club they already have an offer w/ $10M up front and eight years. "The $35-50M estimate may be light," says a GM.

shitty news about Halman. I have to say, didn't know much about him (always confused him with Saunders for some reason) but for anyone to have their life cut short at that age, when they were doing something they loved, sucks.

Anybody have a problem with a starter winning it? I believe Verlander really deserves it. Most guys on MLBN believe only everyday players deserve it..

clemenx

Banned
Fuck Michael Young.

Yeah, I don't have problems with pitchers getting it. Perhaps there were better choices but it wasn't because Verlander's a pitcher.

Doytch

I kinda want to see the ballots of the people who put Verlander, Ellsbury and Bautista 8th or lower. Just for the sheer hilarity.

Doytch

The David Robertson vote is such a blatant troll. Obv the dude who gave him the Cy vote, did we figure out who that was?
I thought verlander wont win because some vote might split with Cabrera.
Nah, the whole Narrative was that the Tigers only made the playoffs because they were brought their on the muscular back of Verlander. The Narrative left no room for Avila or Cabrera or Fister or anyone else.

Anybody have a problem with a starter winning it? I believe Verlander really deserves it. Most guys on MLBN believe only everyday players deserve it..

I used to think this until I realized that the average position player will have about 600-700 plate appearances a season while the average full-time starter faces over 900 batters a season.

Well, I guess the MVP is nice and Verlander deserves the award. Hopefully the hardware motivates him and the rest if the Tigers to make that final push into the World Series next year

MQdSs.png

I'm sure it's that easy.

Because I totally said it would be easy, right? Go eat a dick

Just blows being on the verge and having the Rangers blow us up in the ALCS after a huge series against the Yankees. It'll be nice to have Fister for the full year and I can only hope the bats arn't so up and down like they have been for the past 3 years

eznark

Banned
Well, I guess the MVP is nice and Verlander deserves the award. Hopefully the hardware motivates him and the rest if the Tigers to make that final push into the World Series next year

Why would you want it to motivate Verlander? Not like he'll pitch in the postseason, he is way too valuable for that!

laughingleyland.jpg

Macattk15

Man this sucks. I liked Greg Halman.

Yeah it stinks, from Lookout Landing just now ... puts it into perspective .... 24 years old .... really stinks man.

He wasn't just a Mariners prospect on the brink of a big league career. He was the first Dutch-born, Dutch-raised, and Dutch-developed player in Major League history, and from the bottom of Geoff Baker's piece:

[Coach] Chlup said Halman was surprised that so many fans in the Czech Republic seemed to know who he was. Other than Fielder, Chlup said, Halman got the loudest reception of any player introduced to the crowds.

"He knew that, for a lot of Dutch kids, he was the one who got it done.''

Halman was one of the faces of European baseball. In one sense, he was trying to make it. In another sense, he already had.

Why would you want it to motivate Verlander? Not like he'll pitch in the postseason, he is way too valuable for that!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PIBS3GrOocw/TCXON_udqwI/AAAAAAAAAsg/sRdroZ76zck/s1600/laughingleyland.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Some wounds will never stop being salted

eznark

Banned
Yeah it stinks, from Lookout Landing just now ... puts it into perspective .... 24 years old .... really stinks man.

He wasn't just a Mariners prospect on the brink of a big league career. He was the first Dutch-born, Dutch-raised, and Dutch-developed player in Major League history

Jurrjens?

Some wounds will never stop being salted
You can get me back in spades Thursday afternoon.

clemenx

Banned
YEah, that's the first thing I thought when I read about Halman. He's probably the only Euro player who had a real chance of being a regular in the MLB for the next years. Maybe Liddi too if the M's don't find a 3B.

Jurrjens?
Curaçao raised and developed. I know he's "dutch" But baseball is part of the caribbean.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
YEah, that's the first thing I thought when I read about Halman. He's probably the only Euro player who had a real chance of being a regular in the MLB for the next years. Maybe Liddi too if the M's don't find a 3B.

Curaçao raised and developed. I know he's "dutch" But baseball is part of the caribbean.
Max Kepler is several years away, but he's one of the best Euro prospects ever, supposedly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom