• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Curacao is not the Netherlands. There have been quite a few from Curacao if I remember correctly. Andruw Jones, Wladimir Balentien, Jurrjens ... to name a few.

You always rain on things!

But Jurrjens is Dutch, right? I mean, that's a fact? As far as Jones, I thought he went somewhere else to develop and was just born there?

I feel terrible for forgetting Wladimir. Just terrible.

Macattk15

But Jurrjens is Dutch, right? I mean, that's a fact? As far as Jones, I thought he went somewhere else to develop and was just born there?

I feel terrible for forgetting Wladimir. Just terrible.

Sure. He is "Dutch". Carribean vs. Europe. Why you gotta be such a stickler!

Looking it up, Roger Bernadina and Kenley Jansen are also from Curacao.

And no, Andruw Jones signed with the Braves at Age 16 out of Curacao.

eznark

Banned
Sure. He is "Dutch". Carribean vs. Europe. Why you gotta be such a stickler!

Looking it up, Roger Bernadina and Kenley Jansen are also from Curacao.

And no, Andruw Jones signed with the Braves at Age 16 out of Curacao.

Do you consider Hawaiians to be "American"?

This is a dumb thing to argue about.

Macattk15

Do you consider Hawaiians to be "American"?

This is a dumb thing to argue about.

It is a dumb argument, but I believe you started it.

I post about a kids death / importance and you point out a retarded fact downplaying the role Halman may have / did play in Europeans coming to the MLB.

eznark

Banned
It is a dumb argument, but I believe you started it.

I post about a kids death / importance and you point out a retarded fact downplaying the role Halman may have / did play in Europeans coming to the MLB.

I absolutely started it. I wasn't downplaying anything. I thought I might be missing something about Jurrjens like he was actually born in Yugoslavia and taught baseball by Bohemians.

Anybody have a problem with a starter winning it? I believe Verlander really deserves it. Most guys on MLBN believe only everyday players deserve it..

I don't have a problem with it. You could actually argue that because the amount of batters Verlander faces is greater than the amount of at-bats a position player has, he could have more impact on his team's season.

hemtae

Anybody have a problem with a starter winning it? I believe Verlander really deserves it. Most guys on MLBN believe only everyday players deserve it..

If Pedro didn't win it, no pitcher should win it.

But I really think Ellsbury or Bautista should have won it.

Just got out of my Grandfather's funeral, he would have been going crazy to see JV get the MVP as well. Well deserved, time to bathe in that Verlander butter for a while.

eznark

Banned
Pretty much why I said "retarded". Though I honestly don't think he can fall off the face of the Earth as badly as Sexson did.

I think we could get 3 awesome years out of Fielder, Sexons barely managed 2!

If he goes to the AL I think he will be productive for at least 5 years.

Yeah, who cares about mourning the death of your Grandfather. Go bathe is Verlander butter.
This is way worse than my assy argument.

eznark

Banned
I don't have a problem with it. You could actually argue that because the amount of batters Verlander faces is greater than the amount of at-bats a position player has, he could have more impact on his team's season.

What did Verlander face? 725 or so? I think that's about what a guy who plays every day would get.

Ponder a position player playing defense and getting at bats. Not to mention running the bases. Daily.
Pitchers don't play defense????

Martinez got robbed way back when. That's not a good reason to keep any pitcher ever from winning it; the ballot even explicitly says pitchers should be considered.

Yeah, in hindsight, Pedro should've gotten it over Pudge in '99.

What did Verlander face? 725 or so? I think that's about what a guy who plays every day would get.

Verlander faced 969 batters in 2011.

Carlbeego

Holy shit! Way more than I imagined.

So he does play defense. I thought so.

Position players affect the game more.

Verlander winning the mvp is a joke.

I guess when 5 of the last 6 CY young awards have come out of the AL Central, it shows how shitty the division is.

Look for Valverde to win the CY young and mvp award next year.

Doytch

I absolutely started it. I wasn't downplaying anything. I thought I might be missing something about Jurrjens like he was actually born in Yugoslavia and taught baseball by Bohemians.
Yugoslavians are most definitely not Bohemian. Don't lump them in with my awesomnity.

Sanjuro

And you are who?

7kfu6.jpg

Lol at the Michael Young vote, must be the unaccounted for locker room leadership that only the Rangers beat writer could observe while stalking him all season, right? What an embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom