• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Verlander? Lol. It's debatable if he actually deserved the CY over sabathia and he wins the MVP too. I have no problem with pitchers winning, but no way verlander derseved it.

Windu

I love that writer's reasoning for giving young the vote. He batted in 3 different lineup spots!

tumblr_luttxwnbGa1qgjv49o1_500.jpg

Also, a relief pitcher getting a MVP and Cy Young vote that's not a closer...

IN 2011

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Honestly I'm happy Robertson got that vote. At least some voter gets the fact that being a closer doesn't mean crap. If closers can get CY / MVP votes then so can 8th inning guys. Sticking it to the man.

Sanjuro

It's seeming pretty clear that Valentine will be our new manager.

Pros: He won't be calling Sunday Night Baseball.

Cons: He will be managing my team.

fuuuuuuuuuuu

My hatred of the Red Sox has to unfortunately overwrite my love of Bobby Valentine. I hope he doesn't go to Boston. :(

Also, Verlander as MVP is great for the technical arguments for the award, if only because it makes a pitcher a valid example again...but it probably should've been Joey Bats.

But at least it wasn't A-Gon or Chief Tacoby.

Windu

I love to hear your case for Sabathia against verlander.
well i still would have probably voted for Verlander but as i said it was debatable. Verlander wasn't the slam dunk that everyone said he was (probably why one of the reasons for his mvp). Verlander led in Siera so that is why i would have voted for him, FIP and xFIP favor CC though, but i prefer Siera over those two. And CC playing in the East closes the gap a little.

Buster reported that CC wasn't an option for the Cy Young due to influences on the younger generations of baseball fans. We have enough obesity issues in this country.

Sanjuro

I think it's an excellent signing by the Rangers. He is the best closer by far available if healthy...maybe they know something we don't? I just can't see him be a 100% pitcher going into the next season.

Jangocube

Banned
Awwww yeah, Orioles going World Series!

"According to Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com, the Orioles have signed Korean right-hander Chong Tae-Hyon.

No word on the exact terms, but MyKBO.net believes he'll get a two-year, $3.2 million deal to join the O's bullpen. Tae-Hyon, a 33-year-old submariner, had a 1.48 ERA, 16 saves and a 39/25 K/BB ratio in 54 2/3 innings for the SK Wyverns last season and tops out at around 85 mph on his fastball. He will be the first player ever to make the jump from the Korean professional league to MLB."

Puddles

Banned
My current top 10 players in baseball are:

1. Jose Bautista
2. Evan Longoria
3. Joey Votto
4. Miguel Cabrera
5. Ryan Braun
6. Albert Pujols
7. Troy Tulowitzki
8. Adrian Gonzalez
9. Dustin Pedroia
10. Ben Zobrist

Reactions, thoughts, criticisms?

Kemp not a top 10 player in baseball? Come on, man.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's an excellent signing by the Rangers. He is the best closer by far available if healthy...maybe they know something we don't? I just can't see him be a 100% pitcher going into the next season.
Once he got sorted out about half way through the season he was solid. His velocity was down about 2 mph from 2009 and earlier, but he was still pitching well. I think he'll be great the next year or two, but I think the Rangers did overpay slightly. I hope the only saves he blows are against the Twins.

rekameohs

Banned
1. Adam Dunn
2. Carl Crawford
3. John Lackey
4. A.J. Burnett
5. Barry Zito
6. Adam Dunn
7. Manny Ramirez
8. Tony La Russa
9. Adam Dunn
10. Craig Counsell

Windu

1. Adam Dunn
2. Carl Crawford
3. John Lackey
4. A.J. Burnett
5. Barry Zito
6. Adam Dunn
7. Manny Ramirez
8. Tony La Russa
9. Adam Dunn
10. Craig Counsell
Ryan Howard?
Kemp not a top 10 player in baseball? Come on, man.
needs to be a little more consistent. This is the first year where he has been considered one of the best in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom