• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doytch

I don't think the new CBA destroys small market teams; I think it results in a shittier product for me to watch. I want to see the players like Stanton and the huge list of other two-sport athletes. Now they'll just play football/basketball.

Sanjuro

I don't think the new CBA destroys small market teams; I think it results in a shittier product for me to watch. I want to see the players like Stanton and the huge list of other two-sport athletes. Now they'll just play football/basketball.

Wasn't that always the smartest thing to do?

eznark

Banned

Doesn't it really only affect first rounders. How many first round MLB drafted multi-sport athletes have turned out to be fantastic baseball players? I'm guessing the list is less than "huge."

The Yankees might miss out on the next Drew Henson!

Sanjuro

Doesn't it really only affect first rounders. How many first round MLB drafted multi-sport athletes have turned out to be fantastic baseball players? I'm guessing the list is less than "huge."

The Yankees might miss out on the next Drew Henson!

Oh, god. I hoped to never hear his name again.

Doytch

I'm much too busy watching this leafs game Nd getting drunk to look it up, but I saw a list of two-sporters a few days ago ad it was pretty long. Maybe they wouldn't all bail out, but I rally don't see the point. And seriously, fans cheering for restrictions of draftee compensation are dumb as fuck. Darn no good kids!!!

eznark

Banned
I'm much too busy watching this leafs game Nd getting drunk to look it up, but I saw a list of two-sporters a few days ago ad it was pretty long. Maybe they wouldn't all bail out, but I rally don't see the point. And seriously, fans cheering for restrictions of draftee compensation are dumb as fuck. Darn no good kids!!!

Fine, but just saying someone is a two-sport athlete does not mean they are affected by this change. Slotting won't affect anything after the first round. It still makes more financial sense for most players to play football/basketball (just like it did before).

Also, blame the union. The players love this. They traded slotting for expanding arb.

Doytch

Fine, but just saying someone is a two-sport athlete does not mean they are affected by this change. Slotting won't affect anything after the first round. It still makes more financial sense for most players to play football/basketball (just like it did before).

Also, blame the union. The players love this. They traded slotting for expanding arb.

Uh why wouldn't it affect rounds 2+? Those players and those in tr supplemental rounds were much quite often signed over slot. And yeah, the union and the owners are equally to blame. I just don't get the fans like yankeehatr who are ecstatic that these billionaires get to save some pocket change rather than give it to 16 year old kids who will get their families out of poverty with the money. Shits ludicrous.

And Sanjuro, I never posted in the NHL thread befor cause I just talked hockey with real life dudes. Can't do that in friggin Raleigh north Carolina.

eznark

Banned
Uh why wouldn't it affect rounds 2+? Those players and those in tr supplemental rounds were much quite often signed over slot.

I don't think over-slot in later rounds is enough to sway a person from playing a different sport. When you sober up, let me know if I am right or not.

You better be drinking Elsinore.

Doytch

I don't think over-slot in later rounds is enough to sway a person from playing a different sport. When you sober up, let me know if I am right or not.

You better be drinking Elsinore.

I dunno, I don't think you can do any sort of a quantitative analysis on this. But would Bubba Starling sign with the royals thus year if he had to take slot? Maybe, maybe not. Would Stanton? Same deal, we don't know. But why the fuck should I defend the owners when there is no upside for a fan like me here? Maybe the damage will be less than what I'm thinking. But it won't be positive, because it can't be positive. But whatever, they paid for the teams, not me so they get the votes.

Baseball's new CBA does not place an outright ban on the use of smokeless tobacco as some anti-tobacco groups had hoped, but it does significantly limit their usage and visibility. The groups that have pushed for baseball to ban tobacco were happy with the changes, saying they represented real progress.

Players are now forbidden to have tobacco packages and tins in their back pocket while fans are permitted into the ballpark. They can also no longer chew tobacco during pregame or postgame interviews as well as team functions.

The players union also agreed to join forces with the Partnership at DrugFree.Org and the baseball commissioner's office to create a nationwide public service announcement campaign. Several players have already agreed to do public outreach, such as Curtis Granderson, C.J. Wilson, and Jeremy Guthrie. In addition, the union will start a Tobacco Cesstation Center for its players. Players will be offered training and advice on how to give up the habit.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7269744/baseball-labor-deal-union-limits-does-not-ban-tobacco-use

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Jim Callis
When Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association announced a new five-year Collective Bargaining Agreement today, including several changes to the draft, reaction from club executives and player agents was as swift as a Justin Verlander fastball. Most contacted by Baseball America or quoted elsewhere believed new penalties for exceeding bonus recommendations were so harsh that they would drastically alter the landscape of the draft.

That may not be the case. Until we learn exactly what those recommendations are, it's impossible to make an accurate judgment.

Under the new CBA, teams that exceed the "aggregate signing bonus pool" assigned to them for the first 10 rounds of the draft are subject to a tax on the overage and a loss of draft picks. A 0-5 percent overage would result in a 75 percent tax; a 5-10 percent overage would result in a 75 percent tax and the loss of a first-round pick; a 10-15 percent overage would result in a 100 percent tax and the loss of first- and second-rounders; and a 15 percent or higher overage would result in a 100 percent tax and the loss of two first-rounders.

That's a dramatic difference from the informal slotting system MLB had employed since 2000. The commissioner's office recommended specific bonuses for every pick in the first five rounds and a maximum for all subsequent choices, but couldn't really punish teams that decided to ignore those guidelines. In 2011, clubs spent a record $228 million on draft bonuses, and 20 of them exceeded their aggregate slot totals for the first 10 rounds by at least 15 percent.

However, the initial assumption that the new penalties would be based on something near the old slots doesn't appear to be correct. Last year, MLB valued the total worth of the 331 picks in the first 10 rounds at $133 million. Those slot numbers were less that MLB's guidelines from five years earlier, however, and were 44 percent lower than the $192 million teams paid to sign 303 of those players.

MLB won't get to unilaterally decide the worth of draft picks going forward, though. It negotiated the values with the union, and they reportedly (and not surprisingly) will be much higher. Sports Illustrated's Jon Heyman and CBS Sports' Danny Knobler tweeted that the aggregate pools would range from $4.5 million to $11.5 million, depending on how many picks a team had and where they fell. Yahoo's Jeff Passan tweeted that the total pool for all 30 teams would be around $200 million.

If you use MLB's 2011 slot recommendations, 20 of the 30 teams would have paid a 100 percent tax on their overage and forfeited two first-round picks. If the total for the first 10 rounds rises from last year's $133 million to the reported $200 million, that's a 50 percent increase. Extrapolating the 2011 numbers, just six clubs would have received the maximum penalty.

The limits on draft spending will restrict teams such as the Pirates (who spent a draft-record $17 million on bonuses in 2011) and Royals ($14 million), who are aggressive in the draft but can't go toe to toe with baseball's big spenders for major league free agents. But if the reports from Heyman, Knobler and Passan are correct, the draft cap isn't as devastating a blow as initially feared.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/2011/11/draft-cap-may-not-be-so-harsh/
In my previous Draft Blog post, I explained why the new Collective Bargaining Agreement's penalties for what is deemed to be excessive draft spending may not be as harsh as initially feared. Here's some analysis on various draft-related provisions of the new CBA:

Draft cap: Teams that exceed the "aggregate signing bonus pool" assigned to them for the first 10 rounds of the draft are subject to a tax on the overage and a loss of draft picks. A 0-5 percent overage would result in a 75 percent tax; a 5-10 percent overage would result in a 75 percent tax and the loss of a first-round pick; a 10-15 percent overage would result in a 100 percent tax and the loss of first- and second-rounders; and a 15 percent or higher overage would result in a 100 percent tax and the loss of two first-rounders.

If the overall bonus pool is approximately $200 million as has been reported, up from MLB's $133 million in slot recommendations in 2011, clubs still can be aggressive but not as much at the top end. I think the end result will be that the top picks in the draft still will sign, though the high-end bonuses will come down a little so teams don't blow most of their cap on one player. The top high school players still will sign, as seven-figure bonuses still will be alluring.

More second-tier prep players will wind up in college, however. Guys who previously would have gotten $250,000 to $750,000 will be harder to fit into a club's draft budget, especially those after the 10th round (if they sign for more than $100,000, the difference counts against the pool). Teams squeezed college juniors in 2011, figuring they didn't have much leverage unless they were willing to return for their senior years and have no leverage in the next draft, and they may tighten the clamps further in the future to free up more cap space.

This change is a blow to teams like the Pirates and Royals, who don't have the money to chase prime big league free agents but can afford to outspend anyone in the draft. Pittsburgh paid a draft-record $17 million in bonuses last year, and the new system means they'd incur a penalty unless they didn't give $5 million to second-rounder Josh Bell and find another $2 million to trim. Kansas City couldn't have given $1.5 million to third-rounder Bryan Brickhouse and $575,000 or more to seven other non-first-rounders without a hefty tax bill and the loss of two future first-round selections.

It’s also easier for wealthier, more successful teams to swallow a penalty by paying the bill and giving up lower first-round picks than it is for other clubs, who would surrender more valuable choices.

Any draft tax collected will be redistributed to teams under MLB's revenue-sharing plan, and any draft picks surrendered will be awarded in a lottery weighted by a club's winning percentage and revenues the previous year. The catch is that any team that goes over its draft cap is ineligible to receive draft-tax cash or a forfeited draft pick–another stick to discourage teams from going over the limit.

Signing deadline: The deadline will move from Aug. 15 to somewhere between July 12-18, depending on the timing of the All-Star Game. This move was a no-brainer that both sides wanted. So many players waited until the deadline to sign—101 came to terms on the final day in 2011—that several of the draft's top talents signed too late to play in the minors until the following season.

The timing of the deadline won't affect bonuses, though we'll still see the most expensive players go down to the wire. Here's hoping MLB will end its charade of sitting on lucrative deals and pretending they don't exist, instead letting teams and players announce agreements when they actually happen. That actually could spur a few extra high school players to sign, rather than getting cold feet when they're forced to wait 10 weeks after the draft.

Competitive-balance lottery: In a new twist, the teams with the 10 lowest revenues and in the 10 smallest markets (there will be some overlap) will enter a lottery (weighted by winning percentage) for six supplemental picks immediately after the first round. Clubs that lose that lottery will go into a second lottery for six supplemental picks immediately after the second round. Also included in the second-round lottery will be any clubs that received money as part of baseball's revenue-sharing plan.

This gives less-advantaged teams the ability to grab an extra player and have a higher draft cap, though it doesn't come close to making up for no longer being able to spend as much as they want. By far the most interesting provision of the lottery is . . . 

Draft-pick trades: To quote the press release summarizing the CBA: "Picks awarded in the Competitive Balance Lottery may be assigned by a Club, subject to certain restrictions." That means those choices can be traded, a first in draft history, though apparently all other choices still cannot.

One club executive said the restriction would be that only half of the value of the pick would transfer in a trade. A choice worth $1,000,000 would add only $500,000 to another team's draft cap if it changed hands.

It's hard to envision a team that believes in spending on the draft would deal a competitive-balance choice, but a team that doesn't might relish the opportunity.

Reduced free-agent compensation: There were a number of flaws with old compensation rules, including an antiquated rating that overvalued many players (especially relievers) and allowed teams (particularly those with money) to game the system to get extra picks. Compensation was tweaked for this offseason and will totally change going forward.

First, only players who are with a team for an entire season are eligible for compensation. And rather than merely having to offer arbitration to a free agent ranked among the top 40 percent of players at his position, a club will get compensation only if it tenders a free agent a one-year guaranteed contract equal to the average of the 125 highest-paid players from the previous year (estimated at $10 million or more).

Instead of having a sandwich round of 27 picks as in 2011, we'll see six competitive-balance choices and maybe 6-10 compensation selections. That's more equitable for a team like the Pirates, which had the first selection in the 2011 draft and the top choice in the second round—but had to wait 60 picks for it.

Teams that sign a compensation free agent will forfeit their first-round choice, unless it's one of the first 10 picks (reduced from the first 15). The CBA summary didn't explicitly state that the surrendered selection would go to the free agent's former club, though I assume that remains the case. The former team also will receive a sandwich pick.

No major league contracts: Draftees no longer will be eligible to sign big league deals, as five of them did in 2011. The main effect of this change is that clubs won't be able to skirt the draft cap by reducing a player's bonus and making it up to him with guaranteed major league salaries.

Possible medical combine: The CBA summary also states: "Top 200 prospects will be subject to a predraft drug test and will participate in a predraft medical program." The top 200 prospects already are drug tested, but the medical program is new.

While it's unclear exactly what form it will take or if and how players will be compelled to attend, it's a step in the right direction that could avoid the snafus that led to 2010 first-round picks Barret Loux and Dylan Covey not signing. The Diamondbacks were alarmed by the results of Loux's physical after he agreed to a $2 million bonus, and the team backed out of the deal. Covey learned he had Type 1 diabetes shortly before the signing deadline and decided it would be easier to adjust to his condition in college than in pro ball.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/2011/11/analyzing-draft-changes-in-the-cba/

Let's try and hit all the CBA points.

-- Expires on December 1, 2016

Scheduling, Realignment, and Postseason Play

-- Expanded playoffs to 10 teams. Each league gets an extra Wild Card. Wild Card championship game will be played the day after the regular season ends. Selig said he had until March 1 to make a decision whether to begin the new playoff system in 2012 or 2013.

-- Houston Astros will move to the AL West starting in 2013.

-- Interleague play will be expanded to all six months of the regular season instead of May-June starting in 2013.

-- Active roster limits will be expanded to 26 on days of regular or split doubleheaders which were scheduled at least 48 hours ahead of time.

Free Agency

-- All eligible players will automatically become free agents at the conclusion of the World Series with no filing or election required. The other 29 teams can begin negotiating with free agents after a five-day "quiet period" has elapsed.

-- The deadline for teams to tender contracts to their arbitration eligible players will be December 2.

-- Free agents who sign Minor League contracts and are not on the Opening Day 25-man roster or unconditionally released within 5 days prior of Opening Day will be paid a $100,000 retention bonus. Those players will be given the right to opt out of their contract and become a free agent if they have not been placed on the 25-man roster by June 1.

Draft Pick Compensation

-- No more "Type A" or "Type B" free agent classification/compensation. In order to receive compensation for a player signing with another team as a free agent, the team has to make a "qualifying offer" to that player. The offer must guarantee one year and at least the average salary for the top 125 paid players in baseball. Using 2011 as an example, the qualifying offer would have to guarantee $12.4 million. The qualifying offer must be made within the five-day "quiet period". The player will be given one week to accept or reject the offer.

-- If a player gets traded midseason, the team that acquired him is not eligible for compensation under any circumstances. In order for a team to recieve compensation for a departing free agent, the player must have spent the entire season with the team and rejected a qualifying offer. A club that signs such a player would lose their first-round draft pick. The club that lost the player would recieve a "sandwich" pick between the official first and second rounds. Only the top 10 first round picks are protected from these rules. Under the previous CBA, the top 15 picks were protected. In this case, the team's second round pick would be lost. In the supplemental round, the former clubs will select in reverse order of winning percentage of the previous season (lowest percentage goes first).

Salary Arbitration

-- "Super Two" status will be expanded from the top 17% service time to the top 22% service time. All players tied at the 22% cutoff will be eligible for Super Two status.

Minimum Salaries

-- Majors
2012: $480,000
2013: $490,000
2014: $500,000
2015-2016: Cost of Living Adjustment

-- Minors
2012: $78,250
2013: $79,900
2014: $81,500
2015-2016: Cost of Living Adjustment

Amateur Draft

-- The deadline for teams to sign players will now be between July 12 and July 18. Exact date is dependent on the date for that season's All-Star Game.

-- Drafted players may now only sign Minor League contracts.

-- Each team is now alloted a "Signing Bonus Pool" which will police how much money a team spends in the first 10 rounds of the amateur draft. MLB will assign slot value to all picks in the first 10 rounds. Bonuses to players selected after the 10th round will not deduct from a team's pool unless the bonus exceeds $100,000.

-- Signing Bonus Pool Penalties
1-5%: 75% tax
6-10%: 75% tax, lost of first round draft pick for next draft
11-15%: 100% tax, lost of first round draft pick for next draft
16%+: 100% tax, lost of first round draft pick for next two drafts

-- Tax penalties will be awarded to the teams that did not exceed their signing pool bonus. Forfeited draft picks will be awarded to teams via lotteries. The odds of winning a lottery is based on the team's previous season winning percentage (lowest percentages = highest odds). The ten teams with the lowest revenues and the ten teams in the smallest markets will be entered into lotteries for the picks. The first lottery will decide to top six picks and will take place immediately after the completion of the first round. The second lottery will take place for the next six picks immediately after the first six picks have been made. The second lottery will not only include the teams not selected in the first lottery, but as well any other team in the league who did not exceed their signing pool bonus. At the conclusion of the twelve picks, the supplemental round will begin.

-- The top 200 ranked prospects will be subject to a pre-draft drug test and medical screening.

International Talent Acquisition

-- For the 2012-2013 signing season, all 30 teams will recieve an equal signing bonus pool of $2.9 million.

-- Starting in the 2013-2014 signing season, each team will recieve a signing bonus pool ordered by their winning percentage (worst team gets the highest pool). Teams may also trade a portion of their signing bonus.

-- Signing Bonus Pool Penalties
1-5%: 75% tax
6-10%: 75% tax, cannot offer a signing bonus more than $500,000 in next signing period
11-15%: 100% tax, cannot offer a signing bonus more than $500,000 in next signing period
16%+: 100% tax, cannot offer a signing bonus more than $250,000 in next signing period

-- Top 100 ranked prospects will be subject to a drug test.

Revenue Sharing

-- By the 2016 season, teams in the top 15 markets will no longer be eligible to recieve revenue sharing money. Money that would have been given to these clubs will be refunded to the paying team, unless the team has exceeded the competitive balance tax two or more consecutive times. In which case, the paying team will forfeit either a portion or all of the refund.

Competitive Balance Tax

-- Threshold stays at $178 million in 2012 and 2013. Increases to $187 million from 2014-2016.

-- Penalty will decrease to 17.5% for teams that exceed for the first time. New penality of 50% for teams that exceed the fourth time or more. Penalties remain the same for second- (30%) and third-time (40%) exceeders.

Health and Safety

-- Players, managers, and coaches will be prohibited from using smokeless tobacco in televised interviews and club functions. Also, tobacco pouches and tins are not to be carried by a player at any point when fans are permitted into the ballpark.

-- Mandatory evaluation by a trained professional of a player suspected of an alcohol abuse problem, arrested of an alcohol-related crime (such as DWI) or arrested of a crime that involved force or violence.

-- No new players will be permitted to use a low-density maple bat.

-- Starting in 2013, all players will be required to wear a new batting helmet created by Rawlings designed to withstand the impact of a 100mph fastball. The design will be significantly less "bulky" than the previous versions.

Drug Program

-- Starting in 2012 spring training, all players will be subject to blood testing for Human Growth Hormone with reasonable cause. Each year following, all players will be tested in spring training. Starting with 2012-2013 offseason, all players will be subject to unannounced blood testing.

Other

-- Instant replay will be expanded to include fair/foul calls and trap/catch calls.

-- If elected by either fans or players/coaches, participation in the All-Star Game will be required unless the player is injured or given special excusal from the commissioner's office.

-- All players, managers, and coaches will be subject to a policy on the use of Social Media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, etc.).

-- Weekend waivers will be implemented beginning in 2012.

-- Games will be played in International countries that MLB has not visited before.

-- Non-descrimination protections based on sexual orientation added.

-- Improved process for challenging official scorer decisions.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
-- If elected by either fans or players/coaches, participation in the All-Star Game will be required unless the player is injured or given special excusal from the commissioner's office.

Wonder what excuse the commish will let people like Jeter skip it this year.

Haaaate the expanded Interleague play.

These threads moving around in the sticky section confuses me greatly lol.

Malo

Banned
Wonder what excuse the commish will let people like Jeter skip it this year.

Haaaate the expanded Interleague play.

These threads moving around in the sticky section confuses me greatly lol.

I've wandered into the soccer and hockey threads a couple of times because of it :lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Maybe ESPN got their states mixed up.

d1pRr.jpg

Also the social media policy, lol. Bet LoMo has already violated it.

bizofbaseball.com said:
Sources: Agent Name Surfaces That Allegedly Used Porn Star to Recruit MLB Players

Multiple sources to The Biz of Baseball are reporting that Terry Bross, an agent for Phoenix-based Gaylord Sports Management is the agent that allegedly put porn star Bibi Jones in touch with MLB players. Not all that Jones “spent the night with” signed with Bross, but some have. No money ever exchanged hands, and according to Jones, she wasn’t expected to have sex with the players. The activity occurred during 2010.

According to Jones, “It was never expected that I hook up with these guys,” she said. “It was that I wanted to.”

The word of Bross being the agent in question is also being reported by Business Insider.
Lozano not the only one.

Sanjuro

She had an interview locally after the Gronkowski scandal. I forget the quote, but it seems like she has a knack for screwing professional players.

The era is upon us brah, he won Comeback player of the year award.

Daarvish needs to understand that he won't be considered a foreign devil like Hoffpauir.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I kinda hope pujols signs a 10 year 10 million deal now just to see how many players that guy loses.

jakncoke

Banned
mlb-age: I ponder to you has anyone been to the all you eat sections of pnc and progressive? If so are they as shitty as they seem from the seating chart? If they are, which are the best bang for your buck sections in either stadium.

Sanjuro

Evidently the Indians were the only team that promised Grady he would still play CF.

I can't think of another situation, but what happens when a player who is in an incentive heavy contract like Sizemore is traded? I would imagine some of the incentives would be triggered or pro-rated into the overall salary.

bluemax

Banned
mlb-age: I ponder to you has anyone been to the all you eat sections of pnc and progressive? If so are they as shitty as they seem from the seating chart? If they are, which are the best bang for your buck sections in either stadium.

I ate at the one at Dodger Stadium. I'll never do it again.

ToxicAdam

I can't think of another situation, but what happens when a player who is in an incentive heavy contract like Sizemore is traded? I would imagine some of the incentives would be triggered or pro-rated into the overall salary.

I would think the team that is in possession of the player at the time the trigger happens is responsible. But, it's probably something that is used in determining the value of the player at the time of the trade.

It's a good question though, I'll ask around.

Slot numbers for first six draft picks:

#1: $7.2 million
#2: $6.2 million
#3: $5.2 million
#4: $4.2 million
#5: $3.5 million
#6: $3.2 million

Final pick of the first round is $1.6 million.

ToxicAdam

I missed that jakncoke post.

The all-you-can-eat sections in Progressive are terrible. The view is bad and the food they allow you to eat even worse.

The best bang for your buck in Progressive is in the corners by the foul poles. It's called Lower Reserve and they cost 24 dollars.

Or, if you want to take a chance, just buy the cheapest ticket and move down to the lower section around the 4th and 5th inning. The security gets super lax around then and you can pretty much pick any seat/section you want. There are plenty of empty seats right by the dugouts during most games.

---

As for PNC. I would spend a few bucks and get the 50-55 dollar tickets. They are called the Pittsburgh Baseball Club seats. You get access to special bars and a concession area that serves heaping, deli-style sandwiches. Pool tables with plenty of flat screens around. Your seats are right on the rail of the upper deck behind home plate. So, you get a terrific view of the game along with that great skyline. They have wider seats with padding.

jakncoke

Banned
I missed that jakncoke post.

The all-you-can-eat sections in Progressive are terrible. The view is bad and the food they allow you to eat even worse.

The best bang for your buck in Progressive is in the corners by the foul poles. It's called Lower Reserve and they cost 24 dollars.

Or, if you want to take a chance, just buy the cheapest ticket and move down to the lower section around the 4th and 5th inning. The security gets super lax around then and you can pretty much pick any seat/section you want. There are plenty of empty seats right by the dugouts during most games.

---

As for PNC. I would spend a few bucks and get the 50-55 dollar tickets. They are called the Pittsburgh Baseball Club seats. You get access to special bars and a concession area that serves heaping, deli-style sandwiches. Pool tables with plenty of flat screens around. Your seats are right on the rail of the upper deck behind home plate. So, you get a terrific view of the game along with that great skyline. They have wider seats with padding.

tks for the info :)

The Padres have offered arbitration to Heath Bell. Bell stated publicly near the end of last season that he would accept arbitration if it was offered. Should be interesting.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Padres have offered arbitration to Heath Bell. Bell stated publicly near the end of last season that he would accept arbitration if it was offered. Should be interesting.

It's amazing how just a few months ago people were speculating the Padres shouldn't offer arbitration because he was going to get a huge salary the Padres didn't want to pay.

Now Bell might end up turning it down because hes going to get paid.

Evidently money rains with a new CBA like you're at a strip club with Dan Lozano.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom