• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
How many chances does he even get at 1st in a game? Unless you guys are claiming that he cant catch. His playing first hasnt stopped the Phils from having the best record the last 2 years, so it cant be to bad.

Brewers win the NL Central! I guess Betancourt is an awesome short stop! Woohoo!

I have not seen anyone saying his defense was awesome. He is adequate for a 1st baseman.

He's below average and only going to get worse. And just because it's not as easy to track as RBI or Homeruns doesn't mean defense isn't important and potentially a liability that will make the team worse. My statement was basically that the Phillies are going to have a shitty infield locked into long term contracts if they sign Ramirez to play 3B.

Jon

There are no two ways of looking at it. Short of a miracle, this off-season is a disaster for the Phillies.

- Papelbon at 50 mil
- Laynce Nix at any price
- Freddy Galvis future
- Papelbon at 50 mil

Wigginton is a fine bench addition, and Thome is fine for the lulz, but Amaro has really handcuffed the team already with some of these contracts. He's going to have to play hardball with Jimmy, and it's only a matter of time before Ruben does something stupid since it appears the Phillies are negotiating against themselves.

Look at the bright side, with Ramirez, Thome, Howard and (?) Ibanez, the Phillies will have DH on lockdown for those valuable Interleague games.

Jon

If the Phillies get Ramirez we will have no flexibility for the foreseeable future. Even less than we already have. I'm hoping it's just posturing, but Rube might sign him out of spite.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea how the Phillies are going to construct their 25 man roster with all these complimentary pieces. Maybe they were granted a 30 man roster in the CBA?

Fox318

hZ1Xh.jpg

Perfect!!

Can't wait to see the empty seats at Shiti Field.

If Met's fans really cared about the Met's they shouldn't go to games, watch SNY, or buy merchandise.

Any word yet if the Marlins are going to make Reyes cut his hair like the way they made poor HanRam cut his long locks? Predator can't go out this way, I really hate the Miami Marlins now.

That was Joe Girardi decision. Girardi made everyone on the Marlins with long hair get it cut off in 2006 before Loria shitcanned him. Hanley just never grew it back.

Let's be honest here, if the Mets had resigned him to the same contract a lot of us would be making fun of them for overspending their limited resources on a guy with his injury history.
Pretty much this.
Oh god and all the Heat bandwagoners are migrating to the MLB thread too, fucking end times all over the place.

Well MLB-GAF, we had a good run as Best-GAF. when PheeKnicks, cerrius, and the rest of Heat-gaf start posting here it's over.

Did Furcal sign somewhere else? Why are the Cardinals considered the top team to sign Rollins? I'd just as soon the Brewers sign Furcal to a short term deal and let the Cardinals sink a 6 year deal on JRo
I believe Furcal is giving the Cards until the winter meetings are over to deal with the Pujols situation before signing with a team. Which hopefully resolves itself before more free agents are off the board.

hell no @ Jimmy "lmao MVP" Rollins

ZeroRay

I hope you new Marlins lifelongs don't leave the first time we go to .500
or when we have another firesale

That said, I'm really enjoying all this attention the team is receiving, even if most of it is from the result of Loria scamming us.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Aaron Harang is close to signing a 2 year deal with the Dodgers.

I wonder when the Astros are going to give Omar a call.

Larry Beinfest - "The closer formally known as Leo Nunez did a great job for us"

Lol.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
The white Marlins uniforms looks fine, the hat though...ugh.
Aaron Harang is close to signing a 2 year deal with the Dodgers.

I wonder when the Astros are going to give Omar a call.

Larry Beinfest - "The closer formally known as Leo Nunez did a great job for us"

Lol.
I think Omar is in the padres front office now.

Wonder if the Marlins hat would have been better with just a bigger version of the Fish and no "M". I think they really wanted to emphasize the move to Miami though.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder if the Marlins hat would have been better with just a bigger version of the Fish and no "M". I think they really wanted to emphasize the move to Miami though.
If the logo was smaller, I think that would help dramatically. Though I do like it that big on the orange alternate cap, so who knows.

Dodgers just signed Jerry Hairston Jr. to a 2-year, $6 million deal with incentives.

I thought the Dodgers were supposed to have no free agent money to spend? I know these aren't big moves, but it adds up, right? And they seem like shitty moves. Do you really have nobody in your Triple A roster that can replicate what Jerry Hariston Jr or Mark Ellis can give you for a lot less money? And then use that money to sign one really good FA instead of a bunch of shitty ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom