• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably (hopefully?) AA wasn't as high on Molina as others seem to be, and thought he would end up in the bullpen anyway... if they thought he had a chance to be a legit frontline starter... ugh.

Santos sure does have a nice contract if he can keep up his numbers from last year, though. Dat K-rate.

I don't get the santos trade, is this guy that good? They're saying he was ranked #2 in their system.

He was pretty unheralded for most of the year, then a beat reporter in New Hampshire (Jays AA team) started raving about him, followed by Sickels ranking him ahead of much more highly-hyped prospects. He only really became a "name" prospect over the past month or so.

eznark

Banned
I don't get the santos trade, is this guy that good? They're saying he was ranked #2 in their system.

This is a very nice deal for Chicago. A 27 year old marginal bullpen arm for a 22 year old with middle of the rotation potential? Every time.

Presumably (hopefully?) AA wasn't as high on Molina as others seem to be, and thought he would end up in the bullpen anyway... if they thought he had a chance to be a legit frontline starter... ugh.

Santos sure does have a nice contract if he can keep up his numbers from last year, though. Dat K-rate.

He started off hot (set some records iirc) but blew some big saves at the end.

Gaborn

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (WXYZ) - The Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Department confirms Tigers infielder Brandon Inge was involved in a multiple car accident Tuesday morning in Freedom Township near Ann Arbor.

Police report Inge was traveling southbound on Parker near Scio Church Rd. when his vehicle slid through a four-way stop hitting multiple vehicles. At least five other vehicles are confirmed as involved in the accident.

The incident happened at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday morning and weather is reported as a contributing factor.

They say citations were not issued and there is no report of any major injuries.

Story Here

Hope the no major injuries part turns out to be accurate

Doytch

Not sure I like this, but AA, Farrell and The Lip Fur in Lansing were all talking about Molina like a reliever long-term, so I guess there was something they didn't quite buy in him as a starter.

eznark

Banned
I bet all the tea in China that the deal is not done today.

Kevin Goldstein:
That's the thing, this is actually a pretty good trade for both side if you are realistic about what Molina is.
Maybe I'm too high on him?

"So, your final offer is ten years, $220 million?"

"Yes."

"And just to clarify, this is in real money, not Monopoly money?"

*pause*
*indecipherable whispering*

"...we'll call you right back."

eznark

Banned
Ozzie has been summoned.

I would think that means they don't have a deal. No way would Ozzie be able to keep his mouth shut.

Sanjuro

Bfczh.gif

Omar Minaya did so much harm to the Mets with his WIN NOW~! philosophy. Yeah, they blew away the NL East in 2006...but damn, it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel with that team.

eznark

Banned
well fuck

There's lots of buzz that Ryan Madson and Francisco Rodriguez could accept arbitration with the Phillies and Brewers

I'm no longer laughing, Cajole

Rosenthal is reporting that the Marlins are "fading" from the the C.J. Wilson discussions, but are still in on Mark Buerhle.

I would imagine that if the Cardinals pull a rabbit out of their hat and get Pujols back, the Marlins will be right back into the Wilson talks.

I fucking love Twitter. Makes this shit so EASY to follow.

The Mets are going to get a 4th-round pick when Pujols signs with the Marlins.

FUCK

K-Rod won't get *that* much because he didn't close, right?

eznark

Banned
Rosenthal is reporting that the Marlins are "fading" from the the C.J. Wilson discussions, but are still in on Mark Buerhle.

I would imagine that if the Cardinals pull a rabbit out of their hat and get Pujols back, the Marlins will be right back into the Wilson talks.

I fucking love Twitter. Makes this shit so EASY to follow.

I like that you just repost all relevant info. Makes it even easier!

CajoleJuice said:
oh shit nice
ass

BFIB

Marlins apparently have added a full no trade clause to the Pujols contract, per mlbtraderumors.

Looks like this might be decided today.

Strauss from the StL Post states the Cardinals have inquired on Beltran, and also looking for possible suitors for Lohse. They would then attempt to sign Buehrle.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Cajole, at least the Twins saved you from having to see Matt Capps in a Mets uniform! That's gotta count for something, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom