• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
LoooooooooooooooooooooooL

But I guess I shouldnt be the one laughing that much about an MVP player taking drugs to improve performance...

Considering Braun has a company that makes ugly Affliction style t shirts this should be less surprising. He probably hangs out with a bunch of meathead d-bags.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Trends: United States
Ryan Braun
PED's
#cheater
Hebrew Hammer
Matt Kemp
#steroids
#brewers

What a fraud. I am so disappointed, Braun to me was one of those guys "you never would have thought" were juicing.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I request this season to be wiped from the records

a32bI.gif

Milchjon

I don't even care about baseball, and I enjoy this. Go Cardinals, Red Sox and Yankees!
Did I miss any team to be a true bandwagoner?

TangMeng

LMAO at Braun

The fact that he KNEW he was caught before he even won the MVP and still accepted it shows what kind of dumbass asshole he is.

Gaborn

I think any positive PED test should be a 1 year ban personally, eligible to come back the following year after whatever game you tested positive after. So, if you test positive in game 100 you should be eligible game 101 the following year. 50 games, 100 games, it's clearly not stopping the cheating.

Also officially make you ineligible for any future awards or the HOF. Also a lifetime all star game ban.

Doytch

I think any positive PED test should be a 1 year ban personally, eligible to come back the following year after whatever game you tested positive after. So, if you test positive in game 100 you should be eligible game 101 the following year. 50 games, 100 games, it's clearly not stopping the cheating.

Also officially make you ineligible for any future awards or the HOF. Also a lifetime all star game ban.

Wait, you actually think PEDs do anything?

Gaborn

Af_m79pCMAER-3A.jpg

Yep. Amazing.

I'm not surprised that players try things to attempt to get an advantage, I'm surprised they haven't caught on they're not getting away with it. Braun must be one dumb bastard.

Doytch - No, the home run numbers in the steroids era are an illusion.

Doytch

I'm not surprised that players try things to attempt to get an advantage, I'm surprised they haven't caught on they're not getting away with it. Braun must be one dumb bastard.

Doytch - No, the home run numbers in the steroids era are an illusion.

You are aware they were using a completely different baseball in the "steroid years"? And that upper body muscle mass doesn't help in generating power?

Or just cocky. Or burdened by the weight of being the superstar on a playoff team.

Doesn't matter. I'm pissed.

Gaborn

You are aware they were using a completely different baseball in the "steroid years"?

Are you actually a denier that steroids can enhance performance? I mean, really? REALLY REALLY? or are you trolling?

Steroids unquestionably make you stronger. It's not going to help you hit a baseball much, but it certainly is going to make a good hitter into a better power hitter.

Doytch

Are you actually a denier that steroids can enhance performance? I mean, really? REALLY REALLY? or are you trolling?

Steroids unquestionably make you stronger. It's not going to help you hit a baseball much, but it certainly is going to make a good hitter into a better power hitter.

No, it won't make you a better power hitter. If you actually posted on this thread regularly, you'd know there's been enough actual articles and studies done on this.

Gaborn

No, it won't make you a better power hitter. If you actually posted on this thread regularly, you'd know there's been enough actual articles and studies done on this.

Well, it's certainly true that some PEDs will not enhance performance. The "cough syrup" example someone mentioned earlier. We can certainly quibble over individual substances that should or should not be banned but the majority of the steroid era hitters (and possibly pitchers) gained material advantages from their use. Whether it might be faster healing from injuries as ARod claims he tried to do, or adding muscle as others have done athletes have a responsibility to stay within the rules and apparently Braun did not do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom