• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
I really hope he's exonerated, because I can't bring myself to cheer for a known cheat.

If guilty, he'd make some unscrupulous team very happy. With that contract he'd be easy to trade. Don't want cheaters ruining anything good the team manages to accomplish

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
... about just how long it took for all the Winstrol, synthetic testosterone, and Bulatanol-14 he took to clear his system? I agree.

AldersonVampires.png

Frank. This image is not funny. Stop using it.

eznark

Banned
Milwaukee radio reporter saying he didn't actually test for any banned substance but his test somehow came back positive which is the whole "no one seen anything like this" thing everyone is saying.

Mrbob

I'd normally love to hop all over Eznark and his Brew Crew friends on this issue, but if Braun requested a new test right away and it came up negative I don't see the news story.

ESPN, withholding information towards child rape in secret for years but breaking a story about a possible false positive drug test as soon as possible.

Madtown_

Brewers fan here. Long time lurker.

Heard this last night and FUUUUCk my night was screwed. I want to believe Braun and his people. Hopefully it's a big misunderstanding.

For those mentioning and asking why Braun didn't have a press conference around the MVP time.. 1) He can't, legally. and 2) It would have killed his rep to even be linked. (like it is now)

Screw ESPN either way.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's worth noting that Manny was suspended for a drug that was a banned substance that wasn't actually a PED. If Braun got busted taking women's fertility drugs then that's even worse than roids.

eznark

Banned
It's worth noting that Manny was suspended for a drug that was a banned substance that wasn't actually a PED. If Braun got busted taking women's fertility drugs then that's even worse than roids.

No doubt. However Braun's side is claiming nothing like this has happened before. Multiple players (mostly minor leaguers but notably Manny) have been busted for masking/balancing agents.

And GAF destroyed Manny for it, especially Yankee-GAF.
After he was clearly found guilty. I've already bashed Braun, looking like possibly prematurely, and will be harder on him than anyone if he is a cheater.

LJ11

Maybe he was taking some drug to regulate his pituitary after a cycle? Who knows? Back in October we had a brief GH discussion, I decided to ask a long time juicer and "trainer" (amateur/pro BB) about this stuff, it was pretty fascinating.

Braun tested positive for a banned substance, not steroids. That's some damn fine reporting, ESPN.
Seems like it qould be a pretty convoluted lie, what with the claims that the B sample got sent to the World Anti Doping Agency and came back positive for synthetic testosterone. I mean this isn't a simple reporting error so I wouldn't dismiss it so easily. Heads should roll @ ESPN if it turns out false though.

eznark

Banned
Seems like it qould be a pretty convoluted lie, what with the claims that the B sample got sent to the World Anti Doping Agency and came back positive for synthetic testosterone. I mean this isn't a simple reporting error so I wouldn't dismiss it so easily. Heads should roll @ ESPN if it turns out false though.

Olney is already backtracking from the PED statement. I'm guessing that turns out to be completely bullshit.

Maybe he was taking some drug to regulate his pituitary after a cycle?
That's my guess, although it would make him the worlds worst doper. Why schedule off-cycle for the playoffs?

LJ11

That's my guess, although it would make him the worlds worst doper. Why schedule off-cycle for the playoffs?

Maybe his levels were elevated and he had to get off.

Without someone instructing you on the bro science you risk fucking yourself up. I guess it's why they had personnel trainers hanging around.

Without someone instructing you on the bro science you risk fucking yourself up. I guess it's why they had personnel trainers hanging around.

Yeah. A very high percentage of the guys who did steroids in the 70s and 80s developed tons of health issues because no one really knew what it did. Everyone in the 90s fared much better because trainers learned all this stuff.

LJ11

Yeah. A very high percentage of the guys who did steroids in the 70s and 80s developed tons of health issues because no one really knew what it did. Everyone in the 90s fared much better because trainers learned all this stuff.

Giambi had pituitary issues.

After talking to my juicer friend it kind of convinced me that less are doing it. Maybe some don't care about the repercussions and just go nuts, but if you want to cut down the risk you have to really be meticulous.

As a side note this dude was telling me that he intends to regularly cycle GH after the age 40, with constant blood tests and knowing what to do he should be fine, according to him anyway. Florida has a shit load of anti-aging clinics, all they do is pump GH to rich folks who want better skin.

eznark

Banned
I'm guessing if Braun was roiding he had someone helping him do it. To go uncaught for this long takes serious sophistication.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...p-lawyer-insists-client-peds-article-1.990020

Milwaukee Brewers' star outfielder Ryan Braun's original test for performance-enhancing drugs as the playoffs were winding down in October was "insanely high, the highest ever for anyone who has ever taken a test, twice the level of the highest test ever taken," said a source familiar with the developing case in which Ryan was reported to have tested positive for an elevated level of testosterone caused by a synthetic substance, triggering a possible 50-game suspension if the test results are upheld.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...p-lawyer-insists-client-peds-article-1.990020

Milwaukee Brewers' star outfielder Ryan Braun's original test for performance-enhancing drugs as the playoffs were winding down in October was "insanely high, the highest ever for anyone who has ever taken a test, twice the level of the highest test ever taken," said a source familiar with the developing case in which Ryan was reported to have tested positive for an elevated level of testosterone caused by a synthetic substance, triggering a possible 50-game suspension if the test results are upheld.

hahaha I'm picturing identical bags labelled "M&M's" and "STEROIDS" right next to each other or something

Joe

Women fertility drugs are banned because they are what you take after taking steroids to get your body back to nomal.

You take supplemental drugs during and after steroids not just steroids and that's it.

With the more details that come out, it sounds like something was very very wrong about Braun's test. Perhaps tainted equipment?

Or he was roiding it up? I'm not sure why you would trust the Braun camp any more than ESPN at this point. There's a sizable gap between the 2 stories and both sides have a vested interest to convince the public they're right.

Fox318

Was digging through some old film in the house and found some with the Brooklyn Dodgers vs St. Louis. Sent away for it to be put on DVD and wow Ebbets was an empty stadium.

Braun doesn't really look like a roider, but I guess it doesn't matter. Still, if his head isn't thick, you must acquit. "Twice the highest level" thing seals it. Braun is going to be proven innocent.

On a side note, do you any of you guy have baseball jerseys of teams that aren't your favorite team because you think they look cool? I have wanted the Washington Nationals road jersey for years now. One of these days I'm going to buy it.

6300%20WAS%20R-2T.jpg

Braun doesn't really look like a roider, but I guess it doesn't matter. Still, if his head isn't thick, you must acquit. "Twice the highest level" thing seals it. Braun is going to be proven innocent.

On a side note, do you any of you guy have baseball jerseys of teams that aren't your favorite team because you think they look cool? I have wanted the Washington Nationals road jersey for years now. One of these days I'm going to buy it.

6300%20WAS%20R-2T.jpg

These ain't yo' Big Mac's 'roids, son!

Also, I've always wanted an Expos jersey. And the green jerseys the Athletics wore in the 90s; I think they still wear them very rarely as alternate colors?

They really are. I also like the new Mets jerseys, too. The Reds jerseys have always been snoozeville.

I like the road jerseys a lot because of the classic lettering a lot of them use.

Blue Jays had the best new unis this offseason. But I love the Mets changes. Getting rid of the black drop shadow makes a big difference.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm not mad about the Marlins not getting Pujols or Wilson, but with Reyes and Buherle, we should be a contender, provided that both of 'em live up to expectations, and Josh Johnson stays out of the DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom