• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

who the fuck are the bandwagoners? you know who's a fucking bandwagon jumper, any dumbass that roots against teams that always wins. they just love to see losing and then crawl right back when the team wins. man I sure hope the lakers/Heat/Patriots and Cardinals all win. then I'd love to hear you people.

Nonono he's right. Yankees-AGE here is terrible and is all just sour grapes and doesn't stick around after they're eliminated.

I mean, look at all the Baltimore posters who are still here!

eznark

Banned
Nonono he's right. Yankees-AGE here is terrible and is all just sour grapes and doesn't stick around after they're eliminated.

I mean, look at all the Baltimore posters who are still here!

That's not fair, there is only one Baltimore poster and he is rare.

The disappearance of Red Sox fans, MrBob and TJ Farks is a fucking disgrace.

Except he ditched the binder. The G3 loss was awful. Having Ibanez face Coke who has never gotten a right handed batter out in his career was fucking terrible. Girardi should be fired for bailing on his principles, he ditched the binder.

God are you stupid. You have got to be the most clueless baseball fan ever.

Oh fuck off. Your team is terrible. You are clueless as your manager. Phil Coke was one of the worst pitchers in all of baseball against right handed batting this year. The binder doesn't lie.

binder is full of historical data, probably not current trends. and the trend was A-Rod was lost at the plate, not hitting air.

lucius

I always liked Jim Leyland a class act, and how can you not be impressed by Verlander guy is amazing, Prince Fielder is likable also, but Carbera is still a fat ass even if he is the best hitter in the MLB and Mantle had better numbers in his Triple Crown.

C'mon Yankees. Way to let down all the Mariners fans who were actually pulling for you guys this year. Oh well, at least Doug Fister.

EbOqt.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
would it have mattered?

I think the logic in keeping Ibanez in with the game on the line in G3 was absolutely egregious. Ibanez hasn't demonstrated the ability to hit left handed pitching at any point in the last 3 years. Girardi hit the lottery with Ibanez once when he hit a homer off that bum Matusz and thought that actually meant he could hit lefties. I don't know if the result would have been any different if he put in a RHB but the point was he put his team in a sub-optimal position simply because he was a victim of the moment rather than trusting the guys that got him to this point. Trust the binder.

YANKEES POTENTIAL 2013 FREE AGENTS:
-- David Aardsma (2013 club option)
-- Robinson Cano (2013 club option)
-- Eric Chavez
-- Pedro Feliciano (2013 club option)
-- Freddy Garcia
-- Curtis Granderson (2013 club option)
-- Raul Ibanez
-- Andruw Jones
-- Hiroki Kuroda
-- Derek Lowe
-- Russell Martin
-- Andy Pettitte
-- Mariano Rivera
-- Rafael Soriano (can opt out of contract)
-- Ichiro Suzuki
-- Nick Swisher

jman2050

Well at least they got properly beaten this time instead of losing a nailbiter.

I'm okay with any of the three remaining teams winning, though I wouldn't shed any tears for Detroit if they lost to an NL team again :p

Malo

Banned
-- David Aardsma (2013 club option)- Coming back
-- Robinson Cano (2013 club option)-Coming back
-- Eric Chavez- I think he'll be nack
-- Pedro Feliciano (2013 club option)-Gone
-- Freddy Garcia-Gone
-- Curtis Granderson (2013 club option)Coming back
-- Raul Ibanez-Maybe
-- Andruw Jones-Gone
-- Hiroki Kuroda-If he doesn't retire they'll resign him
-- Derek Lowe-Gone
-- Russell Martin-Coming back
-- Andy Pettitte-Same with kuorda
-- Mariano Rivera- Coming back
-- Rafael Soriano (can opt out of contract)-He'll opt out and he'll be gone
-- Ichiro Suzuki- Gone
-- Nick Swisher-Gone

eznark

Banned
-- David Aardsma (2013 club option)
-- Robinson Cano (2013 club option)
-- Eric Chavez
-- Pedro Feliciano (2013 club option)
-- Freddy Garcia
-- Curtis Granderson (2013 club option)
-- Raul Ibanez
-- Andruw Jones
-- Hiroki Kuroda
-- Derek Lowe
-- Russell Martin
-- Andy Pettitte
-- Mariano Rivera
-- Rafael Soriano (can opt out of contract)
-- Ichiro Suzuki
-- Nick Swisher

Dibs on Kuroda

Oh fuck off. Your team is terrible. You are clueless as your manager. Phil Coke was one of the worst pitchers in all of baseball against right handed batting this year. The binder doesn't lie.

Ibanez was the SAVOIR of the Yankees ALDS, who in their right mind would bench him? Who the fuck cares what Coke's regular season numbers were, that would have been absurdly stupid.

.....you thought starting Ibanez and sitting ARod against Verlander was smart?

No, starting CHAVEZ and sitting Arod was stupid, but that was clearly not just Girardi decision, it was management. And of course I wanted Ibanez starting, he was hot.

Girardi's biggest mistake this series was starting Swisher and Granderson too much, other then that you can't blame him from much, maybe bringing in Lowe this game when we were only down 6-1.

Why would Ichiro be gone?

jman2050

Girardi can't be held responsible for his otherwise high-performing players doing nothing for a two week stretch. No manager can.

What he CAN be held responsible for is batting Ibanez against a lefty in a crucial spot (all the heroics in the world can't undo his current skillset deficiences) and possibly for pitching Lowe in game 1 to turn a 2-0 deficit into a 4-0 one.

Girardi can't be held responsible for his otherwise high-performing players doing nothing for a two week stretch. No manager can.

What he CAN be held responsible for is batting Ibanez against a lefty in a crucial spot (all the heroics in the world can't undo his current skillset deficiences) and possibly for pitching Lowe in game 1 to turn a 2-0 deficit into a 4-0 one.

yeah but it's a variety of moves he's done that don't work.

Top Bottom