• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Sanjuro

Girardi can't be held responsible for his otherwise high-performing players doing nothing for a two week stretch. No manager can.

What he CAN be held responsible for is batting Ibanez against a lefty in a crucial spot (all the heroics in the world can't undo his current skillset deficiences) and possibly for pitching Lowe in game 1 to turn a 2-0 deficit into a 4-0 one.

The organization certainly can be blamed though. Retardi is just dumb.

Girardi can't be held responsible for his otherwise high-performing players doing nothing for a two week stretch. No manager can.

What he CAN be held responsible for is batting Ibanez against a lefty in a crucial spot (all the heroics in the world can't undo his current skillset deficiences) and possibly for pitching Lowe in game 1 to turn a 2-0 deficit into a 4-0 one.

I'm pretty sure they had a right-handed pitcher warming up at that point, so it was either Ibanez vs a lefty Coke or Arod vs a righty.

Who would root for the Yankees?

I know tons of Mariners fans including myself who just wanted to see Ichiro get a ring. Nothing more than that, really. Can't imagine they're too broken up about the Yankees losing though. I know I'm not.

Why would Ichiro be gone?

Because he's a free agent and he will explore free agency? I mean I guess he could re-sign, but I'd give it a 50-50 shot he does so. Why are you so certain he'll stick with you guys?

Frankly given how cold the entire offense was nothing he could have done in that regard would have had any discernible help. Well, except maybe not batting Ibanez against a lefty, but we've already been over that many times now.

I mean Girardi did a variety of moves during the season that were at times perplexing. Managers don't affect the game.... until they put in people that fail constantly. in situations they know they will fail.

girardi says he does not need to repair his relationship with arod

so either he or arod is going

A-Rod I guess.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
D5FU4.gif

Sanjuro

I do think Bobby V was unfairly scapegoated this season, yes. I certainly don't think they do any better with Terry Francona at the very least.

Boston media went fairly easy on him at the conclusion, guess we figured he has enough.

I'll still always love him for blowing up this cancer team. Best possible scenario.

Because he's a free agent and he will explore free agency? I mean I guess he could re-sign, but I'd give it a 50-50 shot he does so. Why are you so certain he'll stick with you guys?

Because the Yankees can pay him the most (for a 1 year deal), because he's made for this field, because there probably won't be a lot of teams who will give him a longer deal or let him play as much.

Top Bottom