• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

I never really liked Granderson personally to fit in this Yankee team because of his strikeout rate. I think that we need a new CF with all the tool, which is gonna be shit luck to find unless is within our minor league system itself. Gardner is fine at LF and bring back Ichiro to play RF. Slade Heathcott is still a few years away but he's a good prospect. Our pitching proved itself throughout the entire postseason except for today's nightmare.

BUT FUCK, these fucking guys can't hit w/RISP and it's been downhill for the past 3 seasons. We need a new hitting philosophy and new hitting coach to install a new hitting philosophy into these players. Mark McGuire is doing a great job in St. Louis, we need a spark like that. Maybe Barry Bonds (lmaoo) but fuck something that will jump start this offense into thinking differently at the batters box. Jeter went to his Minor League hitting instructor to find and fix his swing something that Kevin Long couldn't do and he had a tremendous season. We need that spark.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
probably would have been a double. nice catch. (if he actually ran faster then he could have just waited for it at the wall)

hfELu.jpg

How Timmy got his groove back.

I said it yesterday. It isn't that Matt Carpenter or Beltran are great, it is that number two spot is blessed by GodRussa himself. Pagan is also a beast in center. Catcher botched that tag at home.

I gotta ask, guys...obviously the Yankees are going to go through a lot of changes next year (Swisher, Granderson, maybe A-Rod) but is there also a possibility that Joe Girardi gets fired?

I mean, think about it, the Yankees don't have a culture of "win now", it's "win five minutes ago". Joe Torre's 3-in-4-years set a standard in the Bronx: if the Yankees don't win it all, they may as well have finished last in the AL East. The Yankees postseason failure (and yes, I'm including the ALDS, as the Yankees had no business winning that series) isn't the fault of one particular player (although A-Rod will get a majority of the blame), so you've got to lump it on the scapegoat, and typically that's the manager. And Girardi's only won one title in 4 years...a far cry from his predecessor. Not to mention there's a possibility that his wild management choices, not starting A-Rod despite his failing, for instance, may not make him a lot of fans with the Yankee front office.

And if he does get canned, where does he go? Of course, one job comes to mind, one he won't have to travel far for...and one I'm sure would love to have their arch-rival's former manager now sitting on their bench.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I gotta ask, guys...obviously the Yankees are going to go through a lot of changes next year (Swisher, Granderson, maybe A-Rod) but is there also a possibility that Joe Girardi gets fired?

I mean, think about it, the Yankees don't have a culture of "win now", it's "win five minutes ago". Joe Torre's 3-in-4-years set a standard in the Bronx: if the Yankees don't win it all, they may as well have finished last in the AL East. The Yankees postseason failure (and yes, I'm including the ALDS, as the Yankees had no business winning that series) isn't the fault of one particular player (although A-Rod will get a majority of the blame), so you've got to lump it on the scapegoat, and typically that's the manager. And Girardi's only won one title in 4 years...a far cry from his predecessor. Not to mention there's a possibility that his wild management choices, not starting A-Rod despite his failing, for instance, may not make him a lot of fans with the Yankee front office.

And if he does get canned, where does he go? Of course, one job comes to mind, one he won't have to travel far for...and one I'm sure would love to have their arch-rival's former manager now sitting on their bench.
•GM Brian Cashman reiterated Joe Girardi will manage the Yankees next year, according to Ken Davidoff of the New York Post. Cashman was specifically asked, if in his mind, Girardi will be the manager regardless of what happens. "Yup," was Cashman's reply.
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/joe_girardi/

Raziel

I have to blame that on the SF catcher, Pagan had a tough play to snare let alone get a one hopper to the plate.
pagan made a strong, perfectly placed throw to the cut-off man. the pathetic one-hopper from the top of the diamond was made by crawford. but no one ever seems to point out horribly, weak throws in baseball telecasts for some reason.

TheNatural

My Member!
I for one, am totally shocked once again at the results of the MLB Playoffs. The two worst teams going in, once again, look like they're going to the World Series. It's usually at least one team or the other from each league with the worst record going in, but this year it looks to be both.

Great accomplishment Bud. Maybe with no hockey this year, baseball can be the least watched championship event in all of the major sports.

MechaX

Am I just imagining things, or was that an extreme case of Deja Vu where Sandoval has a perfect set-up but still manages to strike out?

Top Bottom