• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Sanjuro

Looks like Mike Aviles is going to Toronto, no idea who is coming back to the Sox.

Please don't be Yunel. Please don't be Yunel.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8532919/shohei-otani-japanese-high-school-fireballer-opting-mlb

TOKYO -- Japanese high school pitcher Shohei Otani says he will pursue a career in Major League Baseball instead of turning professional in Japan.

The 18-year-old Otani said "I think I will start in the minor leagues but I want to challenge in the majors. It's been my dream since entering high school."

Otani was expected to go in the first round of Thursday's amateur draft in Japan.

If he signs with a major league team, Otani would become the first potential top draft pick to make the direct jump from a Japanese high school to the U.S.

Well this will be fun.

Talon

Because he has ass cancer.
original.jpg

turnbuckle

Delmon Young will be playing LF in the NL ballpark games, Leyland has announced. I get why, I mean, we need his bat but good god he is a terrible fielder.

As mentioned, reached on error.

I would much rather dirks bat than Youngs, much rather dirks fielding than Youngs. Part of our resurgence can be linked to when we finally put competent fielders in the corners and left delmon to dh. Rather young be a pinch hitter. This sucks

Red Sox will receive pitcher David Carpenter from the Bluejays.

I'm pretty happy with that. Jays get a perfectly good utility guy in exchange for a reliever they didn't want and a manager who didn't seem to fit in with AA's vision for the club. Hopefully they bring in someone like Dave Martinez now, and he brings along some of Joe Maddon's genius.

Sanjuro

I'm pretty happy with that. Jays get a perfectly good utility guy in exchange for a reliever they didn't want and a manager who didn't seem to fit in with AA's vision for the club. Hopefully they bring in someone like Dave Martinez now, and he brings along some of Joe Maddon's genius.

Aviles can play every day and was one of the better defensive shortstops last season. Perfect backup plan for Yunel Cancerbar.

Aviles can play every day and was one of the better defensive shortstops last season. Perfect backup plan for Yunel Cancerbar.

They already have a backup shortstop though, in Hechavarria (he's the Blue Jay version on Iglesias, with a slightly better bat). What they need is someone who can play third when Lawrie hurts himself, and who can provide some kind of insurance at second. Aviles is perfect for the role.

Matt Holliday has been scratched from the Cardinals lineup due to back stiffness.
He's had a rough couple of weeks on and off the field. Hope he gets everything back together but it's not like we're missing a lot of production with him out. Maybe 2 Carpenters is just what we need to close this thing out...

Top Bottom