• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Sanjuro

It sucks that the Cardinals got destroyed three games in a row. Complete blowouts like that, especially three times in a row, is not fun baseball to watch.

zanzQ.jpg

Amazing, just amazing. The Giants pulled off such an incredible comeback... it was so great to watch. Game 7 went just like games 5 and 6 did, which was awesome. More early-inning blowups for the Cardinals, more key errors and mistakes, and no offense... it may not be good baseball, but it sure made for an exciting series. And I'm quite happy that the Giants are in the world series again. I hope they win.

This is not the first Game 7 blowout for the Cardinals.

But it is the first for the Giants -- the Giants franchise (SF or NY) was 0-5 all-time in postseason game 7s going into this game (worst record among any team with at least three), while the Cardinals were 11-5 (best record of any team with at least three)... well, that's different now.

Recon

Banned
Is Goliath the team that finished six games behind David?

There is no David in this series.

It was more of a joke on how the Tigers have been given little recognition this post season. Everyone predicted the A's were going to win, and a lot saw them winning it all. But the Tigers pulled through. Then when the Tigers obliterated the Yankees, it was all about how the Yankees collapsed, not the Tigers excellent pitching. Not to mention Cabrera's triple crown being pushed to the side because of the A's "magical" run.

It was more of a joke on how the Tigers have been given little recognition this post season. Everyone predicted the A's were going to win, and a lot saw them winning it all. But the Tigers pulled through. Then when the Tigers obliterated the Yankees, it was all about how the Yankees collapsed, not the Tigers excellent pitching. Not to mention Cabrera's triple crown being pushed to the side because of the A's "magical" run.
You should be happy that they aren't getting any recognition. It'll make that World Series win that much sweeter to you.

Sup Rodney Dangerfield.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8457479/mlb-espn-predicts-postseason

about half predicted the tigers going to the world series, yeah little recognition.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
So ESPN is the only site on the internet? LOL.
i'm sorry I couldn't research it any further. Why don't you do it, I have a feeling you will find similar predictions. All I heard from the national media was Verlander, Fielder and Cabrera etc... and how they liked their chances.

Recon

Banned
i'm sorry I couldn't research it any further. Why don't you do it, I have a feeling you will find similar predictions. All I heard from the national media was Verlander, Fielder and Cabrera etc... and how they liked their chances.

All I heard about was how shitty the Yankees were and before that how great a season the A's were having.

Recon

Banned
just like a lot of people in the national media predicted.

All I heard on the radio/tv was how magical the A's season was and how they were the favorites. Also, my point still stands about the Yanks. There was a definite "story" during that series, and it wasnt about the Tigers. Either way. Wasnt trying to shit up the thread. Have fun!

If it makes Cardinals-hating-GAF any happier, I'm still really sad. I think I'm going to root for the Tigers now though if gun-to-my-head I have to pick a team, as I really feel he deserves a WS win at some point in his (albeit still fairly young) career.

If it makes Cardinals-hating-GAF any happier, I'm still really sad. I think I'm going to root for the Tigers now though if gun-to-my-head I have to pick a team, as I really feel he deserves a WS win at some point in his (albeit still fairly young) career.
I'm disappointed to lose in this fashion but remembering how awesome last year's run was takes the sting out of it. Our elimination game streak had to end some time and it's kinda cool to pass the torch to another crazy comeback team.

P.S. I want the Giants bloop-crazy offense to expose that Detroit defense.

harSon

Banned
Glad I don't have to cheer for the San Francisco Gigantic Shitstains anymore, their matchups against division rivals are finally over.

I hope the Tigers systematically destroy them, sending all of their fairweather garbage fans into long lasting depression.

I will freeze their tears for future thirst quenching. I will go to the stadium on the day of elimination, find me the most innocent of the Giant's youth, and I'll look him dead in the eyes with a huge douche of a grin plastered across my face as I watch his dreams crushed, and his soul torn from his useless vessel. The pitiful moans of the neighborhood's sobbing will ring wonderfully in my ear, serenading me as I fall into a peaceful slumber, ever so happy that evil failed to triumph that day.

The only thing Giant that day will be my massive erection in the face of such utter destruction, and it will be beautiful. Murals, hymns, odes and statues will be erected in honor of this wonderful sight, and we'll all come together in the aftermath a better society than before.

rekameohs

Banned

lol yeah the Tigers were the underdogs in that A's series...

All I heard about was how shitty the Yankees were and before that how great a season the A's were having.

All I heard on the radio/tv was how magical the A's season was and how they were the favorites. Also, my point still stands about the Yanks. There was a definite "story" during that series, and it wasnt about the Tigers. Either way. Wasnt trying to shit up the thread. Have fun!

quit whining man. Yankees hitting sucked gigantic balls and you know it.
edit: amazing run byt he Giants, still think tigers will take it.

Meier

Hoping for a Tigers sweep. Posey isn't even doing well so there is literally nothing good about the Giants making it this far.. other than the fact the Cards are out now.

Kccitystar

Glad I don't have to cheer for the San Francisco Gigantic Shitstains anymore, their matchups against division rivals are finally over.

I hope the Tigers systematically destroy them, sending all of their fairweather garbage fans into long lasting depression.

I will freeze their tears for future thirst quenching. I will go to the stadium on the day of elimination, find me the most innocent of the Giant's youth, and I'll look him dead in the eyes with a huge douche of a grin plastered across my face as I watch his dreams crushed, and his soul torn from his useless vessel. The pitiful moans of the neighborhood's sobbing will ring wonderfully in my ear, serenading me as I fall into a peaceful slumber, ever so happy that evil failed to triumph that day.

The only thing Giant that day will be my massive erection in the face of such utter destruction, and it will be beautiful. Murals, hymns, odes and statues will be erected in honor of this wonderful sight, and we'll all come together in the aftermath a better society than before.

Tell us how you REALLY feel.

Top Bottom