• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

stressboy

Glad I don't have to cheer for the San Francisco Gigantic Shitstains anymore, their matchups against division rivals are finally over.

I hope the Tigers systematically destroy them, sending all of their fairweather garbage fans into long lasting depression.

I will freeze their tears for future thirst quenching. I will go to the stadium on the day of elimination, find me the most innocent of the Giant's youth, and I'll look him dead in the eyes with a huge douche of a grin plastered across my face as I watch his dreams crushed, and his soul torn from his useless vessel. The pitiful moans of the neighborhood's sobbing will ring wonderfully in my ear, serenading me as I fall into a peaceful slumber, ever so happy that evil failed to triumph that day.

The only thing Giant that day will be my massive erection in the face of such utter destruction, and it will be beautiful. Murals, hymns, odes and statues will be erected in honor of this wonderful sight, and we'll all come together in the aftermath a better society than before.

Hater

rekameohs

Banned
Glad I don't have to cheer for the San Francisco Gigantic Shitstains anymore, their matchups against division rivals are finally over.

I hope the Tigers systematically destroy them, sending all of their fairweather garbage fans into long lasting depression.

I will freeze their tears for future thirst quenching. I will go to the stadium on the day of elimination, find me the most innocent of the Giant's youth, and I'll look him dead in the eyes with a huge douche of a grin plastered across my face as I watch his dreams crushed, and his soul torn from his useless vessel. The pitiful moans of the neighborhood's sobbing will ring wonderfully in my ear, serenading me as I fall into a peaceful slumber, ever so happy that evil failed to triumph that day.

The only thing Giant that day will be my massive erection in the face of such utter destruction, and it will be beautiful. Murals, hymns, odes and statues will be erected in honor of this wonderful sight, and we'll all come together in the aftermath a better society than before.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7c2_1349096783

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
So who the hell was that dude visible throughout the game wearing the Marlins gear?

WbG9jl.jpg

JABEE

This is some good stuff.

HarSon's rant is truth. It conveyed all my feelings so well. I will care greatly about this series, but only for a Giants loss. Things are already bad with Giants fans, but a second Superbowl would be unbearable. I already had several calls and messages from Giants fans yesterday to shove their success in my face, and to remind me the Orioles are out. These same people don't know who Will Clark is.

Parch

That super slow mo is great. The regular replay couldn't pick up that 3 contact hit. Yay science.

So it has to be the Tigers right? Fully rested. They have better starting pitching. They have much better hitting. The Giants' elimination game miracles will be put to the test.

turnbuckle

That super slow mo is great. The regular replay couldn't pick up that 3 contact hit. Yay science.

So it has to be the Tigers right? Fully rested. They have better starting pitching. They have much better hitting. The Giants' elimination game miracles will be put to the test.

The defense is going to be the end of the Tigers. I don't expect them to score a ton of runs, and the outfield is going to be a circus playing in San Francisco. It's a circus anytime Delmon is involved anyways.

see5harp

I think the Giants have a chance. The Tigers haven't really been generating that many runs. Great pitching can win games but sometimes luck is on your side. Giants seem to have all of the momentum.

Game 6 Ratings:
Michel Hiestand said:
MLB hangs in: Fox's St. Louis Cardinals-San Francisco Giants NLCS Game 6 on Sunday night drew a 5.5 overnight, up 6% compared to Fox's Texas Rangers-Detroit Tigers American League Championship Series Game 6 last year -- which was played on a Saturday night and didn't compete against NFL action.

*Big gain
: NBC's coverage of the Pittsburgh's Steelers win against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday night drew an 11.7 overnight -- up a whopping 43% over comparable coverage of a Indianapolis Colts-New Orleans Saints game last year.

Preliminary ratings for Game 7= On FOX, MLB Baseball Playoffs scored a preliminary 2.3 adults 18-49 rating, but will definitely be adjusted in the finals. 6 overnight. About 7.9 million viewers.

BFIB

Ban is lifted....one day after the Cards lay the biggest egg I've seen since the '96 LCS.

But, all in all, the Cards did a lot better than I expected given the turnaround they had last offseason. Kudos to the Giants, its going to be a fun World Series to watch.

Tigers in 5.

MechaX

Ban is lifted....one day after the Cards lay the biggest egg I've seen since the '96 LCS.

But, all in all, the Cards did a lot better than I expected given the turnaround they had last offseason. Kudos to the Giants, its going to be a fun World Series to watch.

Tigers in 5.

I just personally wished that the Cards were a bit more... consistent with their quality, not being like "Satan Magic/Insanely good" some days and being like "how do i swung bat" on other days.

Ah oh well, I'm not even mad anymore. Hopefully this WS will be a good one. Curious to see how Verlander performs.

BFIB

Cards are blessed that they made it that far.

In hindsight, I'd have to agree. Not for the talent, just the turnover the team had this past offseason.

But I have never seen a more inconsistent team in my life. I think the Cards main offseason priority will be to deepen that bench.

Oh, and for those who aren't familiar, Chris Duncan, who has been on the radio since he retired, had a tumor removed from his head. Hopefully he's OK.

BFIB

What? They didn't try to trade him first?

Shame the Red Sox hired Farell. That seemed like a match made in baseball heaven.

For those of you keeping score:
2005: Jack McKeon
2006: Joe Girardi
2007: Fredi Gonzalez
2008: Fredi Gonzalez
2009: Fredi Gonzalez
2010: Fredi Gonzalez/Edwin Rodriguez
2011: Edwin Rodriguez/Jack McKeon
2012: Ozzie Guillen
2013: ?

Think about this: Chipper Jones played for two managers in his entire 19-season career. Hanley Ramirez has already played for six in seven seasons.

Top Bottom