• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Atlanta fans have more class than cardinal players. Fucking assholes. And i should have added another "fucking" in that statement before nationals.

devilhawk

I don't blame the fans for throwing things as long as nobody got hurt. Throwing things is the only recourse the fans have in a one game playoff. Causing the delay and throwing things will bring attention to the injustice much more than booing and a manager ejection. Even though it amounted to nothing, the fans did the only thing they could and have caused the story to be focused on the egregious call. It would have been nothing more than a foot note on the highlights without the fans reacting. MLB had to have a press conference about it, that's crazy and much brought on by the fans reaction.

Don't like to see things being thrown because people can get hurt.

FUCK MLB, the umps and Selig!!!! Worst shit I've ever seen. Ted Turner should drop MLB playoffs from his network. Thank fucking Christ we have football going on and the NBA about to tip. Baseball playoffs are a fucking joke now.

GO DOGS!!!!

id say bad calls are 10x more prominent in the NFL/NBA.. im nearly done watching sports in general just so much bullshit it seems in every game i watch

The most frustrating/infuriating thing about the call is that it's not even a bang-bang judgement call like a play at the plate or any bag would be.

cashman is at a slumber party right now, and Enron is MIA, but I hope they see this sooner or later.
Already-Dead-e1263400503343.jpg

zulux21

Exactly. I actually think he called it after noticing the infielder pulling away. The official rule says it should be called near the apex of the fly ball. That wasn't even close to the apex at all.

Actually I see nothing of the sort in the official rules dealing with the apex of the fly ball the closest I see is
When it seems apparent that a batted ball will be an Infield Fly, the umpire shall immediately declare “Infield Fly” for the benefit of the runners

which means if it's not apparent until the ball is caught then it doesn't need to be called until then if you follow the literal wording of the rule (not the spirit)

from the official rules

to be fair I think I think at least 1 second before the ball hits the ground would be a nice addition to the rules.

hokahey

Ah its that time of year again. GAF cries because the Cards are the class of the NL and their fan base has a well deserved reputation for class and baseball intelligence. Success breeds contempt. I get it. Carry on.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ah its that time of year again. GAF cries because the Cards are the class of the NL and their fan base has a well deserved reputation for class and baseball intelligence. Success breeds contempt. I get it. Carry on.
Yeah, that's it.

Windu

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sanjuro

Yes, that feed is somehow representative of the entirety of Cardinals nation. Spare me.

The "best fans in baseball" label is not fan declared. It's been a long standing perception by the media and even visiting fans/players.

None of that matters to a message board.

hokahey

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Happens every post season since ive been here.

Your avatar tells me all I need to know about your objectivity.

The Braves lost, infield fly rule or not. Dont blame the umps. Blame your teams performance.

The Braves lost, infield fly rule or not. Dont blame the umps. Blame your teams performance.

The braves did more than enough to lose the game. The cardinals fans are not the best in baseball.

Windu

I was laughing at you saying that your fans and team are not douchebags. Of course the braves lost the game. No fucking shit. Thanks mr sherlock.

Ok. But they'll continue to be called that by knowledgeable baseball people. So fight the power and stuff.

who? the same old farts that hate Sabermetrics because " a computer don't play" like Joe Morgan likes to say? an opinion is irrelevant. those guys that vote for Cy Young based on wins only? I want to know what makes Cardinals fans better fans than all of us.

Top Bottom