• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

hokahey

I only know of two Cardinals fans that do post from time to time in this thread.

I don't think it's fair to those two when one guy just pops up to talk shit when his team gets into the playoffs. If the Cards lost today you wouldn't see him at all in this thread until next year.

Im not here to talk shit. I usually just lurk. Its logical that my passion might be more ignited during the playoffs, especially when people start shit talking more about your team and fellow fans.

Im not here to talk shit. I usually just lurk. Its logical that my passion might be more ignited during the playoffs, especially when people start shit talking more about your team and fellow fans.

a close chase for the wild card with the Dodgers and Brewers hot on your heels didn't compel you to post not even once? HMMMMM

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
1) Twins fans are the best fans. Come on guys.

2) As bad as I feel for myself, I feel worse for Enron.

ecnal

i'm sorry I just couldn't think of a fairweather city quick enough. :'(

i don't really know if it's a fair-weather fan issue or the fact that there really aren't that many native san diegans.

most people here are transplants, which typically means they bring their sports affiliations with them.

GAF is really sensitive to what they perceive to be bandwagon fans. But MLB GAF is a lot more friendly than the cesspool that is NBA GAF so it's not all bad.

I'm so frustrated with the Rangers right now I don't even care if they lose this game. God.

XJYbg.jpg

hokahey

a close chase for the wild card with the Dodgers and Brewers hot on your heels didn't compel you to post not even once? HMMMMM

Welp, just like last year, I'll explain that GAF isnt my board of choice for sports talk. I post plenty on other boards. But when the immense shit talking starts in October I do indees feel.more compelled to post on boards i dont regularly post at for sports talk.

And honestly you'll find more hardcore Cards fans out there, but you'll never find a more die hard Rams fan, and I rarely post in the NFL thread either.

zulux21

1) Twins fans are the best fans. Come on guys.

2) As bad as I feel for myself, I feel worse for Enron.

Twins fans are alright going on my personal experience at the white sox home stadium (which it's to many years for me to call it by the name I like and I don't like the current name so I will just continue to call it the home stadium :p)

Malo

Banned
Fuck is going on is this thread right now? I can't believe the fighting showalters are leading right now and might face us in the ALDS.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Would the best fans in baseball need to keep reassuring themselves that they are indeed the best fans in baseball? That's all I ever hear from from Cardinals fans.

Cardinals fans being the best fans in baseball reminds me of the classiness of Nebraska football fans. Sure, it's easy to be classy when you are trouncing KU by 50 every year. There classiness sure as hell went out the window when they started losing.

Most of the Cardinals fans I know in real life don't really use the "best fans in baseball" spiel. It's just something the media says. We do like to support our team, good or bad, but like all fanbases there will be people who are much more silent when the times are tough. You could argue it is better to stay quiet than get all salty on a message board.

hokahey

I'll leave it at this. Chipper deserved a better final game. Talk about a class act. Also, I've long respected the Braves and their fan base. A couple of people here are a little scary but I won't let them or a small percentage of idiots amongst tens of thousands at the game completely ruin that.

Tomahawk chop is some cool shit. Nothing else like it in baseball.

jman2050

Fuck is going on is this thread right now? I can't believe the fighting showalters are leading right now and might face us in the ALDS.

If the O's win this game and then beat us in the ALDS, then whatever, screw it, they've been pulling off crazy shit all year and if they can go all the way then all the better for them.

Losing to Texas again, by comparison, would just suck horribly.

Top Bottom