• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

hokahey

I was laughing at you saying that your fans and team are not douchebags. Of course the braves lost the game. No fucking shit. Thanks mr sherlock.

Wow. The whole team and its fan base are douchebags? Thats some rational thinking right there. And ironic considering how your fans represented tonight.

and guess what? players and writers say teh same thing about Boston and NY. I just find it curious that in 6-7 years of this thread in this forum, not one fan, not a one fan of the St. Louis Cardinals posts on a regular basis.
I can see a place like San Diego where they might not be the biggest baseball fans but the most knowledgeable fans and we haven't had not a single one that posts on an everyday basis like the Yanks, red-sox, tigers, braves, Dodgers, Mariners,etc. post. very telling.

hokahey

who? the same old farts that hate Sabermetrics because " a computer don't play" like Joe Morgan likes to say? an opinion is irrelevant. those guys that vote for Cy Young based on wins only? I want to know what makes Cardinals fans better fans than all of us.

Theyre known to be amongst the most knowledgeable about the game and classiest for how they treat the team and even opposing players. This is a widely held belief by people involved in baseball, like it or not.

Sanjuro

and guess what? players and writers say teh same thing about Boston and NY. I just find it curious that in 6-7 years of this thread in this forum, not one fan, not a one fan of the St. Louis Cardinals posts on a regular basis.
I can see a place like San Diego where they might not be the biggest baseball fans but the most knowledgeable fans and we haven't had not a single one that posts on an everyday basis like the Yanks, red-sox, tigers, braves, Dodgers, Mariners,etc. post. very telling.

Who?

hokahey

Yet they have some of the highest attendance figures in the league. Maybe the fans are busy at the game.

You'll never meet a bigger Rams fan than me but I dont post about them here. I have a preferred board for my Rams talk.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Theyre known to be amongst the most knowledgeable about the game and classiest for how they treat the team and even opposing players. This is a widely held belief by people involved in baseball, like it or not.
Knowledgeable my ass. Ok let me ask you this question. Who is AL MVP?

Ahem. I'm sure MLB-GAF representation means the Braves sell out games on a regular basis. :lol

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member

I've certainly tried, but school and work and life kind of get in the way.

But still, isn't it a bit silly to judge a fanbase on a singular forums member contribution?

hokahey

My lone opinion of who the AL MVP is will be your barometer for if the Cardinal fan base is as knowledgeable as advertised? Thats silly. I understand youre upset and emotional right now but I would hope youre smart enough to see the failure of logic here.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
My lone opinion of who the AL MVP is will be your barometer for if the Cardinal fan base is as knowledgeable as advertised? Thats silly. I understand youre upset and emotional right now but I would hope youre smart enough to see the failure of logic here.
Im just trying to judge your opinion and if i should give a shit.

no, answer the question. it's fun.

I only know of two Cardinals fans that do post from time to time in this thread.

I don't think it's fair to those two when one guy just pops up to talk shit when his team gets into the playoffs. If the Cards lost today you wouldn't see him at all in this thread until next year.

ecnal

i take offense to that.

there are plenty of san diegans waiting for their team to come to town and play the padres.

:(

Yes, yes it is. It's incredibly silly. Do you judge a race of people by your interaction with one member? It's a ridiculous way to form opinions and a dangerous one at that.

are you saying I hate black people? why do cards fans always have to hide behind their "most knowledgeable" (self appointed by the way) title? what does that prove? Cards fans booed and threw stuff on the field when Sam Holbrook threw McGuire out of a game in 98.

zulux21

trick question (spoilered so the person you asked that to doesn't read my answer)
who is Cabrera hands down no way anyone but Cabrera will be voted MVP
who should be Mike Trout as he was the better and more valuable player. You are looking for Mike Trout

:p

devilhawk

Would the best fans in baseball need to keep reassuring themselves that they are indeed the best fans in baseball? That's all I ever hear from from Cardinals fans.

Cardinals fans being the best fans in baseball reminds me of the classiness of Nebraska football fans. Sure, it's easy to be classy when you are trouncing KU by 50 every year. There classiness sure as hell went out the window when they started losing.

Top Bottom