• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Windu, any Braves-Age, are you guys listening to the local radio stations? what are they saying?

There's only 2 sports stations here and they're soft as fuck. They practically never criticize the team (especially the flagship station 680 the fan)

They were doing pregame since like 10am lol. I was like this team can't score runs. 12 hits and 3 runs?

Enron

Banned
There's only 2 sports stations here and they're soft as fuck. They practically never criticize the team (especially the flagship station 680 the fan)

They were doing pregame since like 10am lol. I was like this team can't score runs. 12 hits and 3 runs?

Both of our stations are shit. 790 and 680 both suck. We are getting that new sportstalk FM station at 92.9 (DaveFM switchover) but I refuse to listen to them because DaveFM was my favorite station, an oasis in the Radio desert of the Atlanta market and I'm salty as fuck about it.

Both of our stations are shit. 790 and 680 both suck. We are getting that new sportstalk FM station at 92.9 (DaveFM switchover) but I refuse to listen to them because DaveFM was my favorite station, an oasis in the Radio desert of the Atlanta market and I'm salty as fuck about it.

I feel ya man, I couldn't believe it when it was announced. Atlanta radio is god awful.

Peter Moylan and someone from ESPN are now having a fight on Twitter about the umpire call.

Moylan also talking shit about the Cardinals supposedly chanting "infield fly" during celebration.

AndresON777

shooting blanks

whoa they got rid of dave FM? shit that's news to me it was pretty good. I'm still salty about losing the old, old 99x.

I still listen to cds lol

I listen to chuck and chernov some times on the fan because they are actually fans of the teams here. It's funny to turn on 790 in the morning and it's like I'm listening to a station in new york

zulux21

Pretty shitty for Rangers fans to be booing Hamilton.

his shoddy play in game 162 opened the doors for the A's to beat texas... it was a clear turning point, a play he should have made, a play that after he didn't make it he should have shown some since of painic/sadness for failing to catch it but instead just was like what ever... really I can't blame them for booing him.

Enron

Banned
Pretty shitty for Rangers fans to be booing Hamilton.

Pretty shitty for Hamilton to completely check out during the stretch run and to be all ATTITUDE as well.

Dude can't leave town fast enough.

Homers and RBI are replaceable.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
For what it's worth, you guys don't even know how close I came to posting a MLB Offseason Thread after the game.

rando14

Pretty shitty for Hamilton to completely check out during the stretch run and to be all ATTITUDE as well.

Dude can't leave town fast enough.

Homers and RBI are replaceable.

I'll trade you respectable outfielder Chone Figgins for him.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
O4yEq.jpg

hehe

Enron

Banned
whoa they got rid of dave FM? shit that's news to me it was pretty good. I'm still salty about losing the old, old 99x.

I still listen to cds lol

I listen to chuck and chernov some times on the fan because they are actually fans of the teams here. It's funny to turn on 790 in the morning and it's like I'm listening to a station in new york

DaveFM died because it's been struggling for years. It was inevitable, a AAA (Adult Album Alternative - things like "music snob" rock, college rock, indie rock, hipster music, americana, folk, etc types of rock) cannot survive except in certain markets like Austin, Nashville, etc.

Its not really the parent corporation's fault, but I'm still mad.

99x ran itself into the ground. They let go of the people that made that station special, and then coupled with the changing tastes in alternative rock around the early 00s and you had a formula for failure. I worked with some folks that were involved with 99x from that era. (Worked 1996-2001 in Athens/Atlanta radio market)

zulux21

*checks up on the baltimore game*

is the O's bench that horrible that they didn't have someone to pitch run for jim thome in the 9th?

Don't pinch run for Thome when he's on 1st. Do it when he's on 3rd.

wut.

more so in the 9th of any game... don't have a pitch runner waiting at first for thome in general? Is this the first game the Os have had jim thome on the team for... everyone knows in the 8th/9th if thome gets on base you pitch run for him period lol.

Top Bottom