• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Macattk15

last time I checked strasburg/Gio wasn't in the AL

"verlander and fister is the best 1-2 punch in the AL for the teams that made it to the playoffs."
means of the teams that made it into the playoffs in the AL.

My bad sir. No need to get snippy.

And wow Rangers. Just fucking wow.

I'd rather be the Mariners than have what happened to the Rangers at the end of the season.

Enron

Banned
Collapse complete

The following people need to be shot...i mean, let go/traded/not rostered

washington
hamilton
holland
young

Time for some new blood. Work that magic JD.

I'd rather be the Mariners than have what happened to the Rangers at the end of the season.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

shout outs to gaf members on mirc chan #mlb-age. See ya tomorrow, going to see taken 2. Go fighting showalters, sweep those evil yanks :)

final thought: Losing was the best thing that could happen to the rangers, now they can get rid of such a shitty manager, they'll be favorites to win it all in 2013.

Macattk15

Collapse complete

The following people need to be shot...i mean, let go/traded/not rostered

washington
hamilton
holland
young

Time for some new blood. Work that magic JD.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Lol laugh all you want. Going the entire season feeling like the badasses of the West to get fucking reamed at the end would be so fucking demoralizing as a fan.

Rangers stink.

shout outs to gaf members on mirc chan #mlb-age. See ya tomorrow, going to see taken 2. Go fighting showalters, sweep those evil yanks :)

final thought: Losing was the best thing that could happen to the rangers, now they can get rid of such a shitty manager, they'll be favorites to win it all in 2013.

Yankees will win!

jman2050

This time last year the Orioles won ~70 games and celebrated at just being able to knock the Red Sox out of the playoffs.

Now they're facing the Yankees in the Divisional Series.

What a difference a year can make.

zulux21

My bad sir. No need to get snippy.

not trying to be snippy just trying to clarify as my post was obviously not clear enough to get across what I wanted to be said ^^;

it did just dawn on me though that the new wild card format didn't effect the AL playoff teams at all aside from the fact that texas can technically claim they made it to the playoffs... as even if it was the old format the game today would have just been a tie breaker game for the WC.

Enron

Banned
Lol laugh all you want. Going the entire season feeling like the badasses of the West to get fucking reamed at the end would be so fucking demoralizing as a fan.

Rangers stink.

You are completely mental if you'd rather be the Mariners franchise instead of the choke-artist Rangers. The Mariners literally have no hope for the next several seasons. The Rangers, even though they are choke artists, are poised to be in the position TO choke for the next several years.

Seriously, this is only something that a Mariners fan COULD come up with.

"Id rather be a doormat than choke at the top"

Mully

You are completely mental if you'd rather be the Mariners franchise instead of the choke-artist Rangers. The Mariners literally have no hope for the next several seasons. The Rangers, even though they are choke artists, are poised to be in the position TO choke for the next several years.

As a sensible Yankee fan, the Rangers will win in the next five years.

Are you Jeffrey Maier?

Game 3 I will.

rando14

Ahahahaha. You don't know that. Look at the teams that kicked you out of the playoffs, the O's and the A's. No one expected them anywhere near the playoffs.

This is baseball pal. Nothing is certain, everything is allowed.

Those exclamation points were for Profar. NOTHING GONNA BRING ME DOWN TONIGHT

:)

Macattk15

Rangers haven't achieved shit either.

AL Champions. Big fucking deal.

A Team who had a comparable record to the M's last season just bounced your ass out of the postseason.

Who gives Hamiton a big contract though? Dodgers outfield is full and expensive already (and they got that Cuban guy they paid big bucks for). Yankees don't want to spend. Red Sox probably can't afford another potential backfire contract after Crawford. Nats have Werth. Detroit has a lot of money tied up. White Sox? Giants?

I want to see Darvish win something in his career, and I think this was the best year for him to do it. Oh well go O's!
and A's

Edit: Giants don't necessarily have the money for Hamliton Scooter. I also don't think it would be the best park for him to go to.

Sanjuro

Who gives Hamiton a big contract though? Dodgers outfield is full and expensive already (and they got that Cuban guy they paid big bucks for). Yankees don't want to spend. Red Sox probably can't afford another potential backfire contract after Crawford. Nats have Werth. Detroit has a lot of money tied up. White Sox? Giants?

Meet the Mets.

zulux21

now now no hope is a little much... they could perfect cloning technology and clone king felix 5(one extra in case one gets hurt) times so that they can have a starting rotation of just king felix... and then sneak some mike trout dna away to clone 11 of him to play every on field position and DH and have two back up in case one gets hurt

so there is at least a little hope as they would arguably have some hope with that team :p

eznark

Banned

Cubs

Enron

Banned

Somebody will. Somebody will need to make a splash in free agency. Somebody will overpay.

Top Bottom